Rounds 2-3 Discussion: 2024 NFL Draft

5 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I don't see it with Wilson. I get the A22s through Dynasty Nerds and he just seems average and never had big games? 

I do like Franklin though on second glance. 

Here is my wish list

Johny Newton-Illinois (1)
Jackson Powers-Johnson-Oregon (2)
Kool-Aid McKinstry-Alabama (2)
Ladd McConkey-GA (2) (C)

Cooper DeJean-Iowa (2)
Adonai Mitchell-Texas
Troy Franklin-Oregon

Zach Frazier-WVU (2)
J'Tavion Sanders-Texas (2)
Braden Fiske-FSU (2)
Max Melton-Rutgers (2)

Cooper Beebe-K St (2) 2C
Ennis Rakestraw-Missouri
Patrick Paul-Houston (3) C

I much prefer Wilson to Franklin. I know Franklin has length/speed, but I don't think he will ever be able to get in and out of breaks as fast as Franklin. I don't see Franklin as being able to play in the slot. Wilson may be best in the slot, but he can play outside too if they want to continue to move Chase around.

Michigan did not throw the ball around nearly as much as Oregon. So of course the receiving stats will be skewed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dex said:

I much prefer Wilson to Franklin. I know Franklin has length/speed, but I don't think he will ever be able to get in and out of breaks as fast as Franklin. I don't see Franklin as being able to play in the slot. Wilson may be best in the slot, but he can play outside too if they want to continue to move Chase around.

Michigan did not throw the ball around nearly as much as Oregon. So of course the receiving stats will be skewed. 

Paul Dehner loves Wilson....I assume that he is the pick to be honest...and I do like your take with the stats point. I just don't see anything with him. TBH Malik Washington seems way better. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Paul Dehner loves Wilson....I assume that he is the pick to be honest...and I do like your take with the stats point. I just don't see anything with him. TBH Malik Washington seems way better. 

A22 is sometimes deceiving. I just watched his highlights and you see a bunch of plays where McCarthy extends the play and Wilson finds a hole and they score. I am going to find a way to love whoever we draft. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

A22 is sometimes deceiving. I just watched his highlights and you see a bunch of plays where McCarthy extends the play and Wilson finds a hole and they score. I am going to find a way to love whoever we draft. 

That's one of the things I like most about WIlson. He is great on unscripted plays... uncanny, really - just has a feel for open spots when the play breaks down. And he attacks the ball in the air. He'll stick his nose in there and get physical, even though he's not a naturally big guy.

IMO Wilson was Michigan's most explosive offensive player - and when a play needed to be made, it was often him that made it. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TigerCub said:

Now, trade Tee Higgens to New England for their 2nd and 5th (or 6th) round pick.  Take Jer'Zhan Newton with the 34th pick in the 2nd round and the Best WR available with your 49th pick (Adonai MItchell, Ladd McConkey, Keon Coleman or Ja'Lynn Polk) then the best Cornerback in Round 3 and you've addressed ALL your biggest needs by the 3rd round.

Just don't see trading Tee in this SB run season.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dex said:

These are Dane Brugler's 2nd/3rd round mocked picks for the Bengals:

49. Kris Jenkins, DT Michigan

80. Ben Sinnott TE Kansas State

97. Bralen Trice, EDGE Washington

I like Jenkins.

Sinnit...meh

Id see if Audric Estime is there at 97 and if so pounce 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Just don't see trading Tee in this SB run season.

I see it more like, are they trying to make a SB run this season, or every season?  They desperately need IDL and were probably going to draft a WR early either way.  A trade would make it much easier to cover both position groups & then some, both through the extra draft picks & Tee's $25 mil or so off the books to reinvest.

No, I don't think they're likely to do that, but if there's a good deal available they probably should.  Teams are quick to give up future draft picks right now, that's pretty tempting  with a young QB and a rapidly thinning depth chart.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

With so many defensive players pushed down the board this feels like a defensive 2nd round

I want Newton but would be happy with Kool Aid too

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I don't see it with Wilson. I get the A22s through Dynasty Nerds and he just seems average and never had big games? 

I do like Franklin though on second glance. 

Here is my wish list

Johny Newton-Illinois (1)
Jackson Powers-Johnson-Oregon (2)
Kool-Aid McKinstry-Alabama (2)
Ladd McConkey-GA (2) (C)

Cooper DeJean-Iowa (2)
Adonai Mitchell-Texas
Troy Franklin-Oregon

Zach Frazier-WVU (2)
J'Tavion Sanders-Texas (2)
Braden Fiske-FSU (2)
Max Melton-Rutgers (2)

Cooper Beebe-K St (2) 2C
Ennis Rakestraw-Missouri
Patrick Paul-Houston (3) C

Gimme JPJ..love his size and tenacity to strengthen the IOL ..

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

I see it more like, are they trying to make a SB run this season, or every season?  They desperately need IDL and were probably going to draft a WR early either way.  A trade would make it much easier to do that, both through extra draft picks & the extra $25 mil or so to reinvest.

No, I don't think they're likely to do that, but if there's a good deal available they probably should.  Teams are quick to give up future draft picks right now, that's pretty tempting  with a young QB and a rapidly thinning depth chart.

Good points 

Agree with u but still think JB may have hinted (wink wink) that he wants Tee here this season.

If so they'll abide by that imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texbengal said:

That's one of the things I like most about WIlson. He is great on unscripted plays... uncanny, really - just has a feel for open spots when the play breaks down. And he attacks the ball in the air. He'll stick his nose in there and get physical, even though he's not a naturally big guy.

IMO Wilson was Michigan's most explosive offensive player - and when a play needed to be made, it was often him that made it. 

Think 77% of his catches went for first downs. It would be a massive weapon - especially for a team that likes to get in 11 and run RPO. Just extends drives and then put Gesicki in the slot in the red zone.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Run on WR coming?

Looking like that may be so.

McConkey does apparently have some back ailment going on, that's a little scary. Don't know too much about Keon Coleman