Training camp miscellaneous thread - tweets, comments, etc.

From Bengals.com

NEWS: 7 players cleared to return to pratice:
-DT Christo Bilukidi
-G Clint Boling
-CB Leon Hall
-P Kevin Huber
-WR Colin Lockett
-CB Onterio McCalebb
-G Mike Pollak

Good news re: Huber & the guards.  The other guys, too, but them in particular.  It'll be good to have all the interior OL in the mix so we get the best 3. Also Huber because fuck Pittsburgh.

My thoughts on Hall's badassery/stemcell smoothie program were already made known elsewhere.

From Bengals.com

NEWS: 7 players cleared to return to pratice:
-DT Christo Bilukidi
-G Clint Boling
-CB Leon Hall
-P Kevin Huber
-WR Colin Lockett
-CB Onterio McCalebb
-G Mike Pollak

Didn't he practice yesterday?

Bengals' training camp day two: What you should know

1399644758000-pdehner.jpg Paul Dehner Jr., pdehnerjr@enquirer.com 6:13 p.m. EDT July 25, 2014
1406326348000-Bengals-1.jpg

(Photo: The Enquirer/Gary Landers)

Miss training camp? Here's a quick rundown of the key takeaways.

Injuries

PUP/active:

LT Andrew Whitworth (calf), TE Jermaine Gresham (back), DT Geno Atkins (knee), LB Marquis Flowers (hamstring), DT Zach Minter (back), DT Devon Still (back) and WR Ryan Whalen (hamstring). Active/Non-Football Injury list: WR Marvin Jones (ankle) and QB AJ McCarron (shoulder).

POSITION OF NOTE

Left Guard One day after Clint Boling came off PUP and started there, Mike Pollak did the same one day later. The two are going to rotate to ease each back off their injuries as camp continues. Both Boling (ACL) and Pollak (knee) reported their injuries felt great after their first days back. Neither has slid over to center yet where fourth-round pick Russell Bodine started both days.

PLAY OF THE DAY

Mohamed Sanu came up with the catch of camp thus far. On a 25-yard route crossing his left to right, Sanu slipped in front of Reggie Nelson but when Andy Dalton's bullet came in low and outside the third-year receiver out of Rutgers snatched it one-handed with his left hand to make the spectacular grab.

HIGHS AND LOWS

The offense looked sluggish attempting to run the option play. Twice they attempted it and both times it ended in a fumble. The first was dropped by Giovani Bernard and the second came on a soft pitch by Jason Campbell. … Reggie Nelson produced the first injury scare of camp when he came down hard on his hand and shoulder on a play. He stayed down momentarily, but eventually rose back up, shook it off and returned to drills later in the day. … Dalton's first interception of camp came on a ball dropped by Tyler Eifert landing in the hands of Dre Kirkpatrick … Brandon Tate served as the primary kick returner during drills but a number of others stepped into the rotation, among them were Danieal Manning, Adam Jones, Dane Sanzenbacher, Onterio McCalebb and Cedric Peerman.

NEXT THREE DAYS

Saturday 3-5, Sunday 3-5, Monday 3-5

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Just how tough are the conditioning tests?

"If you work out enough you should pass them. We look very in shape, you don't really see too many guys huffing and puffing or bent over or throwing up. A lot of them haven't been hanging beside the gas grills this summer. You can tell they have been waking up getting a little run in."

— quarterback

Jason Campbell

I do love how this team is just floating under the radar.. No fanfare, no controversy, no drama, just guys working on becoming a better team.. There seems to be a high level of focus with this team.

Ian Rappaport just said the Bengals contract extension talks with Dalton have "heated up" and he's now hearing a deal is likely to happen soon. Claimed his sources had told him the contract will be based upon Kaepernick's, but the Bengals are prepared to offer Dalton more guaranteed money, not less.

Ian Rappaport just said the Bengals contract extension talks with Dalton have "heated up" and he's now hearing a deal is likely to happen soon. Claimed his sources had told him the contract will be based upon Kaepernick's, but the Bengals are prepared to offer Dalton more guaranteed money, not less.

lemming+suicide.gif

The man Lewis called the strongest in the building, LaKendrick Ross, gets extra pre-prac work w DL coach Jay Hayes http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtaSYP7CQAAokor.jpg
8b253ca0-a416-40b0-a8f1-5a9d989d4870.jpg

Good turnout at Training Camp presented by @FifthThird #LetsRoar http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtakeMbCAAA_cGd.jpg
ee2f4729-c226-4eae-a549-b456577af70d.jpg

Jay Hayes ankles are tiny. Wasn't he a de?

As long as its get out able I'm ok. But honestly we shouldn't be giving him any more guaranteed then kaep. Kaeps done more IMO and I think on the open market would be given a lot more.

Seems fair - AD has shown more regular season success that Colin K has to this point, who needs to develop as a pure passer as he gets older.  The few games I've seen of his he has some issues hitting receivers in traffic.  

If it's an equally incentive-based contract it seems like a great deal to me, but with people ready to blame the guy for global warming & the sports media trolls fanning the flames  I'm not so sure that's how it'll go over.

If it's an equally incentive-based contract it seems like a great deal to me, but with people ready to blame the guy for global warming & the sports media trolls fanning the flames  I'm not so sure that's how it'll go over.

I'm sure that most Dalton haters won't change regardless of what happens.  After all, they all promised to love him if we went to the playoffs and became perennial playoff contenders and promptly forgot about that.

Nice pics.  You really got some clear shots.  One picture in particular has my attention.

10565196_10202514109311121_4302904113765

Between 87 ( Cobi ) and 12 ( Sanu ) there is a guy ( Gresham ? ) wearing a shirt that distinctly looks like a Super Bowl trophy in orange.  If you can clarify a little bit and let me know if I am wrong.  Thanks.

Archived