Trevor Robinson Cut

Bengals cut Trevor Robinson

Posted by Mike Florio on August 30, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
158811380-offensive-lineman-trevor-robinGetty Images

In Cincinnati, the roster includes only two players identified as centers.  One of them has been cut.

Gone is Trevor Robinson, per a league source.  Robinson, who made the team as an undrafted free agent in 2012, started seven games as a rookie.  Last year, he appeared in six regular-season games.

Russell Bodine is the only other center on the roster.  The Bengals traded up in the draft — something they rarely do — to land Bodine in round four of the 2014 selection process.

Kyle Cook, the full-season starter at center a year ago, was cut in March.

Robinson will be exposed to waivers.  If unclaimed, he becomes a free agent.

This one kind of surprised me.  They're either really high on Pollak who can fill in at Guard
or Center or they have their eyes on someone who is a potential cut.  Pollak hasn't played
a whole lot this preseason either.  Even if they're eyeballing someone at Center that person
first has to clear waivers.

...or they also have complete confidence in Bodine. They obviously like Pollak as they signed him to a nice deal in the offseason, knowing he was to end up most likely as nothing more than a versatile G-C backup.

...or they also have complete confidence in Bodine. They obviously like Pollak as they signed him to a nice deal in the offseason, knowing he was to end up most likely as nothing more than a versatile G-C backup.

Obviously they have complete confidence in Bodine.  I was strictly speaking in terms of OL depth.  I'm sure they

like Pollak as well but he's coming of an ACL injury as is Boling.  

Wow - I really thought he was the key factor in that second half season run in 2012. Hated to see them go to the rotation the last couple of games that season and hated to see Cook start last season. 

Didn't seem like he got a fair chance to be the starter last year or this year.

TJ Johnson got a lot of reps at Center behind Bodine in TC and he played center after Bodine in last preseason game.

Pollack it's tough to determine if he's the back up center because he was hurt and then I only really recall him getting reps at guard

Wow - I really thought he was the key factor in that second half season run in 2012. Hated to see them go to the rotation the last couple of games that season and hated to see Cook start last season. 

Didn't seem like he got a fair chance to be the starter last year or this year.

He got a pectoral  injury last year.

That is when I started to wonder just what Alexander was sippin' on.

We need to sign the most veteran center available and just have him helping out Bodine with just...you know...in a mentor sort of role. Vet min. Why not. We need the fucking depth. Rookie starting the whole season at CENTER? I'd be surprised, honestly, if his body doesn't allow him to dress for 2-3 games.

We need to sign the most veteran center available and just have him helping out Bodine with just...you know...in a mentor sort of role. Vet min. Why not. We need the fucking depth. Rookie starting the whole season at CENTER? I'd be surprised, honestly, if his body doesn't allow him to dress for 2-3 games.

that is Pollaks role...

Archived