deltha to be traded

Guest BlackJesus

[b]Maybe we are going to a new 4-4-3 Style Defense ...

with only one corner [i](with range [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img])[/i]

:ninja: [/b]

[quote name='Jason' post='463901' date='Mar 28 2007, 07:45 PM']Personally, I think this is a BAD idea. Deltha has shown he can be very good with his head on straight. I'll take my chances trying to get him back on track over a rookie any day.[/quote]

[b][size=3]WORD!![/b][/size]

[quote name='Big Sky Bengal' post='463911' date='Mar 28 2007, 07:56 PM']If we're trading Deltha, and JoJo may be benched for the first game, who would our starting corners be?[/quote]

Kiewan Ratliff and Greg Brooks (if he's healthy)

[quote name='MrOrange1219' post='463922' date='Mar 29 2007, 01:30 AM']"Toast" has already been cut.

And if the Bengals switched 1st rounders with the Falcons, I'd say they should look at the chances of getting Landry before Okoye...

But either one would have me cleaning my pants after the draft...[/quote]
If he was there, that would be sweet, too. No doubt.

[quote name='The Entertainer' post='463929' date='Mar 29 2007, 01:47 AM'][b][size=3]WORD!![/b][/size]
Kiewan Ratliff and Greg Brooks (if he's healthy)[/quote]
That is one fucking scary thought, right there. I don't like seeing Kiewan in the nickel, much less as a starter.

[quote name='The Entertainer' post='463929' date='Mar 28 2007, 08:47 PM'][b][size=3]WORD!![/b][/size]
Kiewan Ratliff and Greg Brooks (if he's healthy)[/quote]

:lmao:

If Deltha always slacks off after a pro bowl season, we should be in store for the good Deltha next year. In any case, I hate selling low, and I doubt his stock gets much lower than it is after this season. But I'd put him on the next train for a chance at Landry.

Guest mongoloido
I would have to think that if we trade Deltha, it's because he can't be trusted to do his job. You'd have to expect the Bengals to go for a corner in the first round, I would think.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='463935' date='Mar 28 2007, 09:03 PM']If we move madieu to CB then we dont have a starting Safety or it would be a rookie...
whats the dif in having a rookie cb or safety?[/quote]
way easier to step in at Safety than CB.

I have a hard time believing that we would do this deal without some kind of assurance at the CB position that we aren't thinking about.
Would we really consider starting a rookie at CB alongside a 2nd year player in JJ?
Is Keiwan proving something that we aren't aware of?
What?
I smell bullshit.
Why would we tank our secondary like this?
Unless our coaches think that Deltha will not/can not replicate his 2005 season, then I am firmly against this idea.

[quote name='dacow' post='463893' date='Mar 28 2007, 07:36 PM']If they draft a corner, can you really go into the season with a rookie corner on one side and a pot head second year corner on the other?[/quote]

Ill take another clone of the "pot head" and be happy.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='463939' date='Mar 28 2007, 09:14 PM']I have a hard time believing that we would do this deal without some kind of assurance at the CB position that we aren't thinking about.
Would we really consider starting a rookie at CB alongside a 2nd year player in JJ?
What?
I smell bullshit.
Unless our coaches think that Deltha will not/can not replicate his 2005 season, then I am firmly against this idea.[/quote]

agree with Bung 100%

Guest happyrid
I would be all for trading Deltha if we can get a solid return for him. With him signed for 2 years at reasonable salaries and the crazy market for CBs in FA and in trade, I would believe that we could.

This team needs to be made over a bit character wise, especially on D. If we can exchange Deltha for a good young draft pick who doesn't have a bunch of off field problems, I would really like that move. Both for the future of the team and the benefits of finally doing something besides just talk about the off field stuff.

Guest happyrid
[quote name='CTA513' post='463940' date='Mar 28 2007, 09:21 PM']Ill take another clone of the "pot head" and be happy.[/quote]

Yep he played great as a rookie. I don't see what the big deal of having a rookie and a second year guy at CB. If we can get one of the top 3 CBs, he should easily be able to step into a starting role. And J. Joe played easily well enough that I have a lot of confidence in him going into next year.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='463939' date='Mar 28 2007, 08:14 PM']I have a hard time believing that we would do this deal without some kind of assurance at the CB position that we aren't thinking about.
What?
I smell bullshit.
Unless our coaches think that Deltha will not/can not replicate his 2005 season, then I am firmly against this idea.[/quote]

Considering the effectiveness of Joseph and Tory at the end of last season, they cannot possibly be worse with Joseph and Ratliff starting.

And if they were to trade up and take Landry with that pick, to me it says that Madieu must be switching.

It would also free up enough salary for another FA signing...But who is possibly out there?...David Macklin? (*cough*)

BZ

Guest mongoloido
Could you just imagine the chaos of a Deltha trade, and first round pick in the secondary? The Bengals would look for business as usual, and the agent for the first round pick would be looking to bend over the organization...

[quote name='JC' post='463947' date='Mar 28 2007, 09:27 PM']I guess we need to resign tory after all.
Heres to number 20 in stripes another year!
:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//31.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jungle_Boogie85' post='463923' date='Mar 28 2007, 08:31 PM']Falcons | Team may be interested in acquiring O'Neal
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:24:48 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL Network, reports the Atlanta Falcons may be interested in acquiring CB Deltha O'Neal from the Cincinnati Bengals if he becomes available in a trade.

Bengals | O'Neal might be traded
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:22:47 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL Network, reports Cincinnati Bengals CB Deltha O'Neal may be traded.

[url="http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl"]KFFL[/url][/quote]

Oh hell no. Make that double oh hell no.

If they move Madieu to corner, I think they groom Kilmer to go back to the safety spot, that's two very good run support guys right there. This should get interesting real quick if they really plan on moving Deltha, and there is no way in hell we get a second round pick for him.

I don't like it at all. Deltha is the perfect corner when he's hungry. He has to be motivated to go back to the Pro Bowl, to possibly get a new contract, and if anything else, keep our somewhat fragile secondary together until we could get some more talent back there.

Of course, this could be the precursor to getting someone like Landry, which could mean either Kilmer or Williams would be moving to corner.

Another way to look at it is that maybe Ratliff has finally taken the initiative to expand his role and to play up to the status of his draft hype.

And for all the purebread optimists out there, this could signal that we might really have something in Greg Brooks other than an average special teamer that seems to stay injured. They did say that Greg Brooks was one of the best deep-coverage corners coming out when we got him, and that he could run, but there's no telling how all of that is affected by the injuries over the years.

[quote name='Storm' post='463976' date='Mar 28 2007, 10:33 PM']Atlanta can probably get him straight up for cash as financially bad off the Bengals are[/quote]
Didn't the capnicks here say the Bengals will be close to $30M under the cap next year with very few FAs on the roster?

[quote name='TheBZ' post='463945' date='Mar 28 2007, 07:24 PM']Considering the effectiveness of Joseph and Tory at the end of last season, they cannot possibly be worse with Joseph and Ratliff starting.

And if they were to trade up and take Landry with that pick, to me it says that Madieu must be switching.

It would also free up enough salary for another FA signing...But who is possibly out there?...David Macklin? (*cough*)

BZ[/quote]
Did you just use the words "effectiveness" and "Tory" in the same sentence?
:ninja:

Archived