"Please sit down, some of us are old"

Your opinion on sitters vs. standers  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one... this doesn't include timeouts

• It's football! Everyone should be standing the whole time...sitting is for baseball
    • People should stand when the game gets exciting
    • People should sit the entire game

So the guy sitting next to me at the Jets game (300 deck on the goal line) asked the girl in front of him to, "please sit down, some of us are old." Basically two guys about 10 rows down were standers, therefore everyone behind them were as well. She wouldn't sit because then she couldn't see. What's your opinion? I didn't feel all that bad for the old guy--going to a football game is pretty much asking for a day of standing.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='575842' date='Oct 22 2007, 11:40 AM']If its the same old guy that was standing next to us when I had your seats for the Bmore game, he applauded when the "boobie girl" was kicked out.[/quote]
please dont go thru this again, we have this argument every 6 months or so and no one ever agrees.

sitting the whole time= gay
standing the whole time = gay

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='575842' date='Oct 22 2007, 11:40 AM']If its the same old guy that was standing next to us when I had your seats for the Bmore game, he applauded when the "boobie girl" was kicked out.[/quote]

If he had more hair in his nostrils than most men have in their armpits, then it was the same guy.

BOO! Creepy nose hair dude.
[img]http://www.illtema.com/Issue1/image033.jpg[/img]

[quote name='whodey319' post='575844' date='Oct 22 2007, 11:42 AM']please dont go thru this again, we have this argument every 6 months or so and no one ever agrees.

standing the whole time = gay[/quote]

Too late.

I think you should stand and cheer when the Offense makes a great play.
And you should stand and cheer the entire time the Defense is on the field.

If you want to sit on your hands, go to church. If you want to sit and have
a good view of the game, stay home.

The fans need to realize that a good home crowd is called the "12th man" for a reason.
And Riverfront/PBS wasn`t/isn`t called the Jungle because old people are there to
enjoy a nice Sunday afternoon with their asses in the seats.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='575857' date='Oct 22 2007, 11:51 AM']I think you should stand and cheer when the Offense makes a great play.
And you should stand and cheer the entire time the Defense is on the field.

If you want to sit on your hands, go to church. If you want to sit and have
a good view of the game, stay home.

The fans need to realize that a good home crowd is called the "12th man" for a reason.
And Riverfront/PBS wasn`t/isn`t called the Jungle because old people are there to
enjoy a nice Sunday afternoon with their asses in the seats.[/quote]
:thumbsup:
Old nailed it. Nothing left to debate.

[quote name='whodey319' post='575844' date='Oct 22 2007, 11:42 AM']please dont go thru this again, we have this argument every 6 months or so and no one ever agrees.

Did you mean to quote me? :huh:

Well said sir.

When we are on offense, SIT DOWN! Relax, take a load off. Enjoy those seats. Keep it to a whisper, even. Carson has sensitive ears. :)

And when we are on defense, STAND UP! YELL! POUND THE FLOOR! Be the best 12th man you can be.

Seems simple enough, but there is always one or two idiots that have to stand up, even during the TV timeouts. Some people can see past the bridge of their own nose, some people can't. But one thing is for sure, whoever you are, you make a better door than you do a window. ;)

What section were you in for that game? Did the girl have blonde hair and wore a pink wig? Did she about get in a fight with another girl at the bottom of the section by the stairs and then both of them got thrown out.....If so I was like 5 rows up from her..

The people I go with have seats in two different sections, and we kind of alternate where each of us sits between the two depending on who goes. When I sit in the south endzone, everyone in the whole sections stands the entire game. I love it.

When I sit in the other section, you couldn't pry their asses out of the seats with a crow bar. I hate it.

It's a football game god damn it.

Our seats are section 130, north endzone, visitor side. I think our section and the 2 or three to each side are infamous for standing the entire game.

The only time I sit down is during timeouts and halftime.

I went to an SEC school and love the college football atmosphere of standing and cheering the entire time.

It also makes it easier since the old guy down the row pisses at least 10 times a game.....less wear and tear on my knees :P

[quote name='steggyD' post='575859' date='Oct 22 2007, 11:54 AM']:thumbsup:
Old nailed it. Nothing left to debate.[/quote]

X3 or 4 or whatever. But it is really simple.

And just a shout out to WhodeyUK. I had his seats for the Jets game and the fans were awesome in that section. They actually knew to be quiet when the Bengals were on Offense and Loud/Rowdy on defense. Good time, very good time!

According to Browns fans logic .... and I am 100% serious on this one:

It is not proper to stand during an NFL game until the 4th quarter. Then only in clutch situations may you stand.

I on the other hand think you should always stand and make noise when the defense is on the field, and stand quietly during crucial offensive situations.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='575885' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:11 PM']What section were you in for that game? Did the girl have blonde hair and wore a pink wig? Did she about get in a fight with another girl at the bottom of the section by the stairs and then both of them got thrown out.....If so I was like 5 rows up from her..[/quote]

The pink hair was off by the time we saw her (yes blonde hair), she was wearing a TJ jersey, her pic is posted somewhere around here. It was the same girl that flashed the last time. Yeah she got into it with some other woman (verbal not physical) and I know she got kicked out, not sure about the other.

I was probabally around your height section wise but one over to the left. Did you see the one guy fall over the seats into the next row drunk?

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='575910' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:30 PM']Yes I saw him fall....that was hilarious..

I know your from Baltimore.....are those the seats you are always in when you come to a game?

I might be selling my Arizona tickets as well...not sure yet....depends on a few things.[/quote]

Yeah we were 1 section over to the left of that guy.

Actually I live in Northern VA, and that was my first time to PBS, they were CincyInDCs seats so...

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='575892' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:13 PM']Our seats are section 130, north endzone, visitor side. I think our section and the 2 or three to each side are infamous for standing the entire game.[/quote]
We're in the north endzone, too - but a few sections over towards the home sideline.
We stand for almost all of the game-action. If anyone in the area would ask someone to sit down, they'd get laughed at...

...and there are plenty of "older" people around us who don't have a problem standing up for most of the game.

I'm tallish (6'3), so I usually do the quasi-sit.

When you sit on the lip of the chair (when the chair is folded up).

I can usually see over the person in front of me, and the person behind me has a better view too. If I cant see past the dude in front of me, I'll stand and its tough luck for anyone behind me.

I stand at the games, and i think that people know what they're getting into and the risks involved when they go to the stadium, so if they aren't willing to stand up, they should stay home and watch it on TV. I sit when they're on offense, but when the Bengals are on D EVERYONE in the stadium should be up, and making as much noise as they can.

I stand and everyone with us stand when we go to the games. No one has ever said anything, doubt they will. :lol: Sunday my brother and friends had the tickets,all Jet fans and I'm sure no one said anything to them about standing either.

It's football you should stand, you should also not yell at strangers, may get you knocked out.

Archived