!!! Official Bengals at Dolphins Gameday thread !!!

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='615666' date='Dec 30 2007, 02:30 PM']Guys...mistaken identity...Story not exactly as stated. Not saying there wasn't an incident. Just that it was slightly different than reported.

let's drop it and enjoy the fact we are winning.....against a team everyone else beat. But hey, we could be losing. :)[/quote]

We can't joke about the thought of someboby, Rucker or some Joe Schmoe off the street, watering the plants in a Morton's lobby?

:sad:

[quote name='bengalbutch' post='615668' date='Dec 30 2007, 02:31 PM']We need to see more of Fanene & Rucker !! They look like keepers to me.[/quote]

It's one game, and against the soon-to-be 1-15 Dolphins at that. It [i]would[/i] be nice if we could pencil those 2 in as our starting DE rotation.

[quote]Thurman applies for reinstatement
BY MARK CURNUTTE | MCURNUTTE@ENQUIRER.COM
E-mail thisE-mail | Printer-FriendlyPrint | digg us! | del.icio.us! * | Listen to this article or download audio file. Click-2-Listen

MIAMI – Suspended Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman has applied for reinstatement from the NFL and should learn his fate in the second week of February.

Safarrah Lawson, one of Thurman’s representatives, said this afternoon that Thurman is optimistic and looking forward to playing again.

Thurman was suspended for one year for violation of the NFL substance abuse policy. His application for reinstatement in July was denied by the league, and he was told he could re-apply after the 2007 season.
ADVERTISEMENT

“Odell’s ready to play,” Lawson told the Enquirer. “Right now, he’s walking around at about 240 pounds. He’s in great shape.”

Thurman will go through an intense physical training program, similar to what he did before the 2005 draft, Lawson said. The Bengals selected Thurman in the second round in 2005, and he led the team in tackles as a rookie and had five interceptions.

“He’s 24 years old,” Lawson said when asked if Thurman could play after a two-year forced hiatus.

Thurman is splitting time between Greater Cincinnati and his hometown of Monticello, Ga. He is working out and regularly attending Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous meetings and meeting with his counselor, Lawson said.

Thurman opened the 2006 season with a four-game suspension, but it was extended to a full year Sept. 27 following Thurman’s DUI arrest Sept. 25.

Thurman played in all 16 games as a rookie in 2005 and led the team with 148 tackles and four forced fumbles. He was named the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month for September.[/quote]

[quote]Thurman applies for reinstatement
BY MARK CURNUTTE | MCURNUTTE@ENQUIRER.COM
E-mail thisE-mail | Printer-FriendlyPrint | digg us! | del.icio.us! * | Listen to this article or download audio file. Click-2-Listen

MIAMI – Suspended Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman has applied for reinstatement from the NFL and should learn his fate in the second week of February.

Safarrah Lawson, one of Thurman’s representatives, said this afternoon that Thurman is optimistic and looking forward to playing again.

Thurman was suspended for one year for violation of the NFL substance abuse policy. His application for reinstatement in July was denied by the league, and he was told he could re-apply after the 2007 season.

“[b]Odell’s ready to play[/b],” Lawson told the Enquirer. “Right now, he’s walking around at about 240 pounds. He’s in great shape.”

Thurman will go through an intense physical training program, similar to what he did before the 2005 draft, Lawson said. The Bengals selected Thurman in the second round in 2005, and he led the team in tackles as a rookie and had five interceptions.

“He’s 24 years old,” Lawson said when asked if Thurman could play after a two-year forced hiatus.

Thurman is splitting time between Greater Cincinnati and his hometown of Monticello, Ga. He is working out and regularly attending Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous meetings and meeting with his counselor, Lawson said.

Thurman opened the 2006 season with a four-game suspension, but it was extended to a full year Sept. 27 following Thurman’s DUI arrest Sept. 25.

Thurman played in all 16 games as a rookie in 2005 and led the team with 148 tackles and four forced fumbles. He was named the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month for September.[/quote]

We'll see.

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='615666' date='Dec 30 2007, 02:30 PM']Guys...mistaken identity...Story not exactly as stated. Not saying there wasn't an incident. Just that it was slightly different than reported.

let's drop it and enjoy the fact we are winning.....against a team everyone else beat. But hey, we could be losing. :)[/quote]
that's good to hear, sis.

[quote name='bengalbutch' post='615671' date='Dec 30 2007, 01:33 PM']Did you hear what Cutman said at the half about Enquirer report on O'dell ? He applied for reinstatement and should know in February. His agent said he is 240 lbs and in GREAT shape. Let's hope.[/quote]

I missed that. I had to beat . . . er ummm . . . hug my twins. :ninja:

That`s good news ! Hopefully they let him come back this time !
I really like Odell, he is a play maker that this Defense sorely needs.

*crosses fingers and prays*

I heard about what Boomer said about Cowher leading the Bengals to the SB on the pre game show. To be totally honest, if that cocksucker *EVER* makes it as a head coach for Cincinnati I'm quitting the Bengals and rooting for the Steelers.
MULLY
did you catch what that cocksucker said at the halftime report right when the camera cut out he was saying some shit like they don't usually show up but they're showing up now then he said "I don't know who they are" (about the Bengals)

I think Goodell will let him come back next year. This year was the punishment for our arrests the year before. The timing of the Joseph suspension, having Henry out 8 weeks and losing Odell. All major blows to our season. He'll probably agree to it as long as Odell drops his suit against the league.

[quote name='JoePong' post='615688' date='Dec 30 2007, 02:37 PM']I just hope Odell is allowed to work out with the Bengals during the off-season. Does he have to wait until training camp? Anyone know?[/quote]

If he is allowed back in, in feb like reported, he should be able to fully participate.

[quote name='T-Dub' post='615673' date='Dec 30 2007, 12:33 PM']It's one game, and against the soon-to-be 1-15 Dolphins at that. It [i]would[/i] be nice if we could pencil those 2 in as our starting DE rotation.[/quote]

Not really. Fanene has impressed me every time he plays. He always makes plays.

Archived