Ocho Cinco on being a fan

[url="http://www.thelotd.com/ctrent/blog/2008/11/12/ocho_cinco_on_being_a_fan"]http://www.thelotd.com/ctrent/blog/2008/11..._on_being_a_fan[/url]
[quote]Ocho Cinco on being a fan
Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 02:01 PM EST [General]

Chad Ocho Cinco said he went home to Miami this weekend and took his kids to the Dolphins-Seahawks game.

"You know, when you watch from the stands, the game looks very, very easy. It looks extremely easy. I had fun," Ocho Cinco said. "Hear some of the heckling and some of the things going on, some of the things being said up there. It was kind of cool. I really enjoyed myself. My off-time was good. Usually it's supposed to be away from football, but I just wanted an opportunity to see how the game is from up at the top."

He was asked, as a follower of the Dolphins, what he thought of the teams' turnaround.

"It seemed like the addition of Mr. Parcells and of course with the staff that he brought along with him, they've done some really good things," Ocho Cinco said. "And it's, I guess you would say, the difference a GM or whatever his title would be can make in an organization."

So... um...
[img]http://wa1.images.onesite.com/thelotd.com/user/ctrent/whodeyrevo2.jpg[/img]

"Next question," Ocho Cinco said. "Is he trying to get me in trouble here?"[/quote]

WOW seriously??

hello guys rember the 2003 bengals? in 2002 we were the joke of the league we get the #1 over all pick and hey a bunch of decent draft picks for being at the top of the draft round, plus a competent QB(Kitna) = 8-8.

Dolphins 2007 jokes of the league, get 1st overall pick get a bunch of good draft picks plus 2 pro-bowl RB's back, plus a competent QB(Pennington) = 5-4 so far.

I clearly don't see the difference in what Mike B did in 2003 and what Parcells is doing in the present.

SHUTUP!

[quote name='turningpoint' post='723324' date='Nov 12 2008, 03:58 PM']WOW seriously??

hello guys rember the 2003 bengals? in 2002 we were the joke of the league we get the #1 over all pick and hey a bunch of decent draft picks for being at the top of the draft round, plus a competent QB(Kitna) = 8-8.

Dolphins 2007 jokes of the league, get 1st overall pick get a bunch of good draft picks plus 2 pro-bowl RB's back, plus a competent QB(Pennington) = 5-4 so far.

I clearly don't see the difference in what Mike B did in 2003 and what Parcells is doing in the present.

SHUTUP![/quote]

Great point.

And I think it is funny that people are using Parcells as a GM as
a rallying cry.

He is the same guy that when he coached the Patriots, said
"the Chef should be able to shop for his own groceries".

[quote name='turningpoint' post='723324' date='Nov 12 2008, 05:58 PM']WOW seriously??

SHUTUP![/quote]

We're 1-8.

We're a joke again.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='723332' date='Nov 12 2008, 04:34 PM']We're 1-8.

We're a joke again.[/quote]

Wow, are we really 1-8?
Thanks, I did not know.

Also, we're a joke to who?
People that are too lazy to look beyond the record?
People that bash on the Bengals regardless of their record?

Turningpoint made a great point (pun not intended). And you have really nothing to add,
as usual, but we're a joke again. Are we a joke because we didn`t hire a GM? Are
we a joke because we had the same kind of turnaround the Dolphins have had (so far),
without a GM? Maybe they'll lose some of their best players, while playing a tough schedule
in a few years, and we can call them a joke with a GM.

The 5 wins the Dolphins have, have come against teams with a
combined record of 22-23. Hell, the Bengals have played 3 teams
that have won more games combined than that. The Bengals have
played 6 teams that have records above .500. They are a combined
34-14 NOT counting their wins against the Bengals. 40-14 if you do.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='723335' date='Nov 12 2008, 07:08 PM']Wow, are we really 1-8?
Thanks, I did not know.

Also, we're a joke to who?
People that are too lazy to look beyond the record?
People that bash on the Bengals regardless of their record?

Turningpoint made a great point (pun not intended). And you have really nothing to add,
as usual, but we're a joke again. Are we a joke because we didn`t hire a GM? Are
we a joke because we had the same kind of turnaround the Dolphins have had (so far),
without a GM? Maybe they'll lose some of their best players, while playing a tough schedule
in a few years, and we can call them a joke with a GM.

The 5 wins the Dolphins have, have come against teams with a
combined record of 22-23. Hell, the Bengals have played 3 teams
that have won more games combined than that. The Bengals have
played 6 teams that have records above .500. They are a combined
34-14 NOT counting their wins against the Bengals. 40-14 if you do.[/quote]

LOL

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='723336' date='Nov 12 2008, 05:18 PM']LOL[/quote]

Great comeback.

I have noticed that about you lately.

We suck !!!11111

We're a joke!!!!1111

We're 1-8 !!!11111

Stacy Andrews was a great signing !!!11111

Same with Geathers !!!!!111111

Same with Odom !!!!11111

LOL !!!!!!!!!!1111111 OMG WTF !!!!11111

You bash on shit after the fact, or laugh at other's opinions.
You really bring nothing to the conversation. But that's what
I expect from you, respect about you, and have grown to love about you . . .

[quote name='oldschooler' post='723340' date='Nov 12 2008, 07:29 PM']Great comeback.

We suck !!!11111

We're a joke!!!!1111

We're 1-8 !!!11111

Same with Odom !!!!11111

LOL !!!!!!!!!!1111111 OMG WTF !!!!11111

You bash on shit after the fact, or laugh at other's opinions.
You really bring nothing to the conversation. But that's what
I expect from you, respect about you, and have grown to love about you . . .[/quote]

99-109

Our opponents record in that one magical year that we made the playoffs for the first time since I was 6.

Guess that year is completely irrelevant too since they all sucked.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='723340' date='Nov 12 2008, 07:29 PM']Great comeback.

We suck !!!11111

We're a joke!!!!1111

We're 1-8 !!!11111

Same with Odom !!!!11111

LOL !!!!!!!!!!1111111 OMG WTF !!!!11111[/quote]

Do you disagree that Odom, Geathers, and Andrews are a joke? If not, you are blind...

And we are 1-8.

Unlike you, I tell it like it is, and throw excuses out the window. You do the opposite. You dig and claw for any excuse you can find.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='723341' date='Nov 12 2008, 05:39 PM']99-109

Our opponents record in that one magical year that we made the playoffs for the first time since I was 6.

Guess that year is completely irrelevant too since they all sucked.[/quote]

Wait, so now you are discounting the Bengals Playoff year?
We sent 2 teams to the Playoffs from our division. The one we
lost to, that cheap shotted our QB, won the Super Bowl that year.

So I really don`t know where you are going, with this.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='723342' date='Nov 12 2008, 05:44 PM']Do you disagree that Odom, Geathers, and Andrews are a joke? If not, you are blind...[/quote]

Odom missed all of the Training Camp, and Preseason with a foot injury.
His first real game action came in the Opening Day game. And no, I don`t think
he is a joke. Matter of a fact, I think he has been solid so far. And I definitely
think it is way to early to call him a joke.

Geathers is the first Bengal to have double digit sacks since forever ago.
Last season, he was put into positions that not only didn`t allow him
to rush the passer, but showed his versatitliy. He is still one of the
youngest players on the team. I guess you think they should have
just let him walk when his contract was up? He is making peanuts anyway.

I don`t think Andrews is a joke. He might not be a Franchise player,
but he has been pretty solid for a 4th round pick, that hadn't played
much football at all. I am sure some other team will throw money
at him in the Offseason. Then who will be laughing?

[quote]And we are 1-8.[/quote]

I had forgot. Thanks again.

[quote]Unlike you, I tell it like it is, and throw excuses out the window. You do the opposite. You dig and claw for any excuse you can find.[/quote]

How am I not telling it like it is?
Please show me one fucking instance where I have not
told it like it is. The Bengals skill position players HAVE
been banged up, or were banged up to start the season.
The Bengals HAVE played the toughest schedule in all of
the NFL. The Bengals DO have the 4th youngest team in the NFL.
The Bengals HAVE lost high draft picks that they were counting
on to rebuild, to injury. What you call excuses, I call reasons.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='723342' date='Nov 12 2008, 06:44 PM']Do you disagree that Odom, Geathers, and Andrews are a joke? If not, you are blind...

And we are 1-8.

[b]Unlike you, I tell it like it is, and throw excuses out the window. [/b]You do the opposite. You dig and claw for any excuse you can find.[/quote]

:rofl: That's the funniest shit I've read today. No you don't. You sit back, don't comment on the present, and then months later you make some smart ass comment after the fact and act like you're hot shit. Not to mention 75% of the time the "it" that you're telling, has absolutely shit to do with the topic of the thread.

[quote name='turningpoint' post='723324' date='Nov 12 2008, 05:58 PM']WOW seriously??

[b]I clearly don't see the difference in what Mike B did in 2003 and what Parcells is doing in the present.[/b][/quote]

Well, let me help explain the difference. Parcells has done this same thing with 4 different teams since Mike Brown has been in charge which includes the Giants (Superbowl), Patriots (AFC champs), Jets (AFC championship game), and Cowgirls. He is now working on team 5 as the GM but lets stick with his previous tenure as coach.

He has a lifetime .570 winning percentage which is amazing considering how many times he has been brought in to rebuild crap teams and he has never had a losing record with any of the teams he has coached.

Since 1990, Parcells has made the playoffs in 50% of the seasons he has coached. Lifetime Parcells made the playoffs EDIT 53% of the time. Mike Brown has made the playoffs in 5.5% of the seasons he has been the GM.

As much as I can't stand the big fat Tuna, he is WAY more intelligent in football player and coaching matters than Mike Brown.

Parcells is 42 games above .500 lifetime! His lifetime regular season record is 172-130 (and 1 tie). Mike Brown run teams are 98-183. He will need to win 127 games in a row to match Parcells in the games above .500 stat. Keep in mind Parcells only coached 19 years so Mike Brown is only 1.5 seasons behind him as owner. 127 fucking games in a row to match him.

In order for Mike Brown to match Parcells' winning percentage in the shortest amount of time the Bengals must go on a 146 game winning streak.

To compare what Parcells has done since 1990 and somehow pretend Mike Brown has had similar results is laughable.

What is more probable is that 2005 was an anomaly, not the norm.

[quote name='SF2' post='723386' date='Nov 12 2008, 10:40 PM']Well, let me help explain the difference. Parcells has done this same thing with 4 different teams since Mike Brown has been in charge which includes the Giants (Superbowl), Patriots (AFC champs), Jets (AFC championship game), and Cowgirls. He is now working on team 5 as the GM but lets stick with his previous tenure as coach.

He has a lifetime .570 winning percentage which is amazing considering how many times he has been brought in to rebuild crap teams and he has never had a losing record with any of the teams he has coached.

Since 1990, Parcells has made the playoffs in 50% of the seasons he has coached. Lifetime Parcells made the playoffs 93% of the time. Mike Brown has made the playoffs in 5.5% of the seasons he has been the GM.

As much as I can't stand the big fat Tuna, he is WAY more intelligent in football player and coaching matters than Mike Brown.

Parcells is 42 games above .500 lifetime! His lifetime regular season record is 172-130 (and 1 tie). Mike Brown run teams are 98-183. He will need to win 127 games in a row to match Parcells in the games above .500 stat. Keep in mind Parcells only coached 19 years so Mike Brown is only 1.5 seasons behind him as owner. 127 fucking games in a row to match him.

In order for Mike Brown to match Parcells' winning percentage in the shortest amount of time the Bengals must go on a 146 game winning streak.

To compare what Parcells has done since 1990 and somehow pretend Mike Brown has had similar results is laughable.

What is more probable is that 2005 was an anomaly, not the norm.[/quote]

Bill Parcells hasn`t won a playoff game in 10 years.

In 1998, the Bill Parcells led Jets went to the AFC Championship,
the next season, expectations were high for the Jets to go to the Super Bowl.
However, quarterback Vinny Testaverde ruptured his achilles tendon in the
Jets home opener and the season went downhill from there. And they started
the season 1–6. And went on to finish 8-8. Guess he sucked for not getting
more out of his team, even though he only lost his QB. Sound familiar?

With Jerry Jones as an owner, Bill Parcells led the Cowboys to an 34-30
record from 2003 through 2006. In that same span, Marvin had a 35-29 record.

Yeah, there is a whole lot of differences between them, but only when
you count the 90's.

I have said it before, if people want to harp on the past,
the most recent past has far more relevance than the distant one.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='723404' date='Nov 13 2008, 08:13 AM'][b]Bill Parcells hasn`t won a playoff game in 10 years.[/b]

In 1998, the Bill Parcells led Jets went to the AFC Championship,
the next season, expectations were high for the Jets to go to the Super Bowl.
However, quarterback Vinny Testaverde ruptured his achilles tendon in the
Jets home opener and the season went downhill from there. And they started
the season 1–6. And went on to finish 8-8. Guess he sucked for not getting
more out of his team, even though he only lost his QB. Sound familiar?

With Jerry Jones as an owner, Bill Parcells led the Cowboys to an 34-30
record from 2003 through 2006. In that same span, Marvin had a 35-29 record.

Yeah, there is a whole lot of differences between them, but only when
you count the 90's.

I have said it before, if people want to harp on the past,
the most recent past has far more relevance than the distant one.[/quote]

Which is still 8 years better than us.

Archived