Which poster jumps the shark first?

[quote name='scharm' post='749885' date='Feb 26 2009, 10:33 PM']I really don't think you can beat last year's first day.

It was a day of negative smack talk, then Rogers appears landed so there is response and then the ultimate of the deal falling through.

It was awesome entertainment.[/quote]
What a roller coaster that was. I can remember being excited the night before, then being disappointed when nothing happend right away, then being thrilled to come back late and read about Rogers, then turning on ESPN and getting the bad news.

Fuck, I hope for a much less active day tomorrow.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='749882' date='Feb 26 2009, 09:27 PM']Eh...I'm going to say nobody. Last year's meltdowns were mostly due to trades falling through, although if we do end up resigning T.J., we may need to talk Go down off of the ledge. :ninja:[/quote]

I rember 3 or 4 years ago that GO was apoplectic about TJ.He wanted him gone.

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='749879' date='Feb 26 2009, 09:25 PM']Come on now... tomorrow by this time, I know there will be at least two or three of you that are ready to quit Bengaldom because we haven't signed a major free agent... man up!

Who is it going to be?[/quote]

I can think of a few but will bite my tongue for argument's sake. :lol:

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='749879' date='Feb 26 2009, 10:25 PM']Come on now... tomorrow by this time, I know there will be at least two or three of you that are ready to quit Bengaldom because we haven't signed a major free agent... man up!

Who is it going to be?[/quote]

Love the thread!...But withholding my opinion to keep the peace...for now.

BZ

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='749881' date='Feb 26 2009, 09:27 PM']I'll quit being a Bengals fan if they actually DO sign a major free agent by this time tomorrow because it means the world is coming to an end and I've got some serious face time to put in at the local chapel.[/quote]
:lol:
You and me both. I'll even accept priestly molestation at that point!

turningpoint just entered the competition in the free agency thread...

[quote name='turningpoint' post='750035' date='Feb 27 2009, 08:19 AM']Once again we drop th ball on FA's, whats new! I'll check back in a in a couple of days maybe some free agents will receive there letters in the mail that were interested. Those damn phone bils get expensive especially long distance.[/quote]

[quote name='gatorclaws' post='750042' date='Feb 27 2009, 08:34 AM']turningpoint just entered the competition in the free agency thread...[/quote]

He was one of my front runners!

:lol:

No offense turningpoint, but that shit is just hilarious as hell to me

He must have been living in Bagdad the last 15 years or something if he expected the bengals to sign someone while we were sleeping.

I have no expectations for the next few days so anything we do is gravy. We all know the way marvin likes to do things, right or wrong, I am not going to mash my teeth over this stuff

I might nominate myself. Not that I'll quit being a fan or anything, but I have to admit I'm already frustrated and it sucks to see good players that fill needs and we don't even appear to be sniffing around them. Jason Brown for example has 4 visits setup, nothing about Cincy. He's the only good center under 30 out there. We know we have a giant hole at the position. We know we have the money. Why not at least setup a visit and gauge the market?

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='750050' date='Feb 27 2009, 08:39 AM']He must have been living in Bagdad the last 15 years or something if he expected the bengals to sign someone while we were sleeping.

I have no expectations for the next few days so anything we do is gravy. We all know the way marvin likes to do things, right or wrong, I am not going to mash my teeth over this stuff[/quote]

They bengals will let all the big names get signed, then say that their is no one out their worth signing and we just need to go back to the draft and find some hidden gems.

[quote name='Ben' post='750057' date='Feb 27 2009, 09:47 AM']They bengals will let all the big names get signed, then say that their is no one out their worth signing and we just need to go back to the draft and find some hidden gems.[/quote]

Ok, I definitely nominate myself. When that Hobson column comes out, and we all know it will, I am going to be one depressed Bengals fan. I think its worse this year because we are likely to lose a very good player (TJ) and because we were so awful last year.

[quote name='happyrid' post='750056' date='Feb 27 2009, 07:46 AM']I might nominate myself. Not that I'll quit being a fan or anything, but I have to admit I'm already frustrated and it sucks to see good players that fill needs and we don't even appear to be sniffing around them. Jason Brown for example has 4 visits setup, nothing about Cincy. He's the only good center under 30 out there. We know we have a giant hole at the position. We know we have the money. Why not at least setup a visit and gauge the market?[/quote]

So your ID means you rid yourself of happiness?

Seriously though. The Bengals don't need to set up a meeting
to guage the market. Brown wants to be paid like one of the elite
Guards in the NFL. Which is about $7-8 million per season.

[quote name='Ben' post='750057' date='Feb 27 2009, 07:47 AM']They bengals will let all the big names get signed, then say that their is no one out their worth signing and we just need to go back to the draft and find some hidden gems.[/quote]

Thank you Miss Cleo.

Archived