What they are saying in Baltimore...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravens-picks1008,0,6821665.story

[quote][b]Kevin Cowherd: Ravens 27, Bengals 14[/b]

New and improved Bengals no match for Ravens D, unless crazy Chad Ochocinco KO's entire secondary.

[b]Jamison Hensley: Ravens 28, Bengals 17[/b]

The running game enthusiastically returns to M&T Bank Stadium. All is right again with Ravens Nation.

[b]Edward Lee: Ravens 38, Bengals 13[/b]

Ochocinco & Co. get an angry Ravens squad that will be eager to re-assert its dominance in the AFC North.

[b]Ken Murray: Ravens 31, Bengals 21[/b]

It's back to the running game this week.

[b]Mike Preston: Ravens 28, Bengals 13[/b]

Bengals will tire heading into third-straight AFC North game, second straight on the road.

[b]Peter Schmuck: Ravens 31, Bengals 17[/b]

[color="#FF0000"]The Ravens will rough up Carson Palmer and, this time, the officials will be looking the other way.[/color]

[b]WJZ's Mark Viviano: Ravens 24, Bengals 17[/b]

Unlike last week, this time the Ravens beat the guys in stripes.[/quote]

[quote name='Ben' date='08 October 2009 - 12:26 PM' timestamp='1255015619' post='812846']
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravens-picks1008,0,6821665.story
[/quote]
I love the smell of overconfidence.

They ain't played no one worth a fly fart and lost to the only team that was.

Bal 38 - KC 24

Bal 31 - SD 26

Bal 34 - Clev 3

NE 27 - Bal 21

We lost one game on a fluke play to an unbeaten team.
And we have yet to play our best game or even put 4 good quarters in a row.

Could be a real rude awakening for the displaced Browns.

Gaither is dinged. Oher either fills in at left which stunts their running game or Odom racks up several new sacks getting past a dinged Gaither. Which means we should have a lot of 3 and outs this game for our D.

I think we win this one.

There's just a lack of respect from the Baltimore group and it's fans. Despite actually have a winning record over them in the last 12 games (6 seasons) and several occuring in Baltimore, it's annoying. With a coach that played a big part in their championship. I think the Bengals actually get more respect from the Steelers media as they are often quick to point previous times when the Bengals had beaten them. It's annoying.

The Ravens are good. The bengals will need to put top effort to come away with the win. Predicting blowouts? I don't know, I guess we'll see. I think Bengals win.

Sadly enough..

I see another close game. Fuck. Good thing I don't have any papers to write sunday night.

Hopefully we can get the air game going and then the run game after. Baltimore gave up nearly 400 yards to noodle-arm Rivers.

And 3 straight AFC North games..how the fuck did that happen. We got dicked there. Throw the Raiders in there one week. Jeez.

[quote name='CarsonCity' date='08 October 2009 - 12:41 PM' timestamp='1255016493' post='812849']
Tough not to predict a Ravens win this week, but holy hell, pretty much every single one is calling for a blowout. Now I wanna win not just to improve in the standings and inch closer to the playoffs, but to shut assholes like these up.
[/quote]
[b]Prognosticators can say whatever they want. No one knows what will happen or what the score will be. Tony Moss who writes for thesportsnetwork.com says there is no way we match the Ravens physicality. I agree with him because I think they have a better O Line than us right now because of shrewd drafting. But I do think our O Line is up and coming especially when we add Andre Smith. I do hope we win though as I always do but it;s going to be tough. I also do think we are a team now something we have not been in the past.[/b]

Not much in the way of predictions, just a few things that make me think it's anyones game regarless of hype. The two battles that matter most:

Bengals O vs. Ravens D: Our O is just hitting it's stride, but needs to be consistent. The Ravens D is it's normal self, minus the brain behind it all.

They are still the fucking Ravens D. We've played them a number of times and we know what to expect only this time they're not the shut down d they once were. They're good, but not piss your pants good. I think people on here buy in to the hype and forget that the last 3 years we've played them, we take what they give and move the ball anyway. Maybe we aren't scoring machines, but they don't lay down. A large part of their power comes from being intimidated. Do you really think Carson and co are intimidated by them? Child Please.

Bengals D vs. Ravens O: Their O has changed to a heavier pass with still the ability to run. Our D has been consistent and better than we've had in a long time.

Ravens O and Flacco in particular is good, but again not piss your pants good(like New Orleans). They are probably akin to a pass-happy Steeler O. Pressure is the difference this time. If we can pressure Flacco, we can win this side of the ball. No pressure, we fail. Our D needs to take advantage of ANY mistake they make, period.

We put the pressure on them and keep them at or around 21 points I feel like our offense can do it. Just like any marquis matchup in the AFC North, mistakes and pressure will determine who wins. The problem for Baltimore is that they think thy've already got the game won. Let's smack the arrogance off thier face.

[quote]We put the pressure on them and keep them at or around 21 points I feel like our offense can do it. Just like any marquis matchup in the AFC North, mistakes and pressure will determine who wins. [b]The problem for Baltimore is that they think thy've already got the game won. [/b]Let's smack the arrogance off thier face.[/quote]

The FANS think that, I doubt the TEAM does.

It'll be interesting, for sure. For once, the Bengals' D seems legit, and for once, the Ravens O seems legit. I think this end of things will determine the outcome....

Mostly because we know Carson has the Ravens' D down. He's got their number, beaten them many times in a row up until last year when Rex Ryan game planned for Cincy all through the offseason.

Archived