Going through a Divorce

Actium

Divorce sucks, no doubts about it. I got divored from my first wife when I realized that it just wasn't going to work. I was happy to get out of it, but that doesn't lessen the trauma.

In the Army we jokingly refer to our first wifes as the training marriage. Must be true, divorce rates are very high in the service. Though my second marriage is going well, just celebrated 14 years. And yes, to some on this board, I be old. As they say, I got boots older than some on this board. Thank God I'm retired and the boots are in the attic.

anyways, thoughts and prayers.

[quote name='ArmyBengal' timestamp='1282249033' post='907952']
Divorce sucks, no doubts about it. I got divored from my first wife when I realized that it just wasn't going to work. I was happy to get out of it, but that doesn't lessen the trauma.

[b]In the Army we jokingly refer to our first wifes as the training marriage. Must be true, divorce rates are very high in the service[/b]. Though my second marriage is going well, just celebrated 14 years. And yes, to some on this board, I be old. As they say, I got boots older than some on this board. Thank God I'm retired and the boots are in the attic.

anyways, thoughts and prayers.
[/quote]

Jodie's always banging some poor enlisted man's wife while he's in the field...

[quote name='big_dish' timestamp='1282193988' post='907735']
And sorry to hear that Actium... Personally its kind of one of the reasons I like being single.

That, and I just dont know if I'll ever get married. Strange is too much fun for me :angel:
[/quote]

if your not married then is it considered strange? :)

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1282256894' post='907984']
if your not married then is it considered strange? :)
[/quote]

Getting some strange... guess you can still be married and get strange, but then you deal with the whole Karma thing...

[quote name='ArmyBengal' timestamp='1282264254' post='908019']
aint no use in going home
Jody's done got your girl and gone
[/quote]

I always thought to spell it with an "ie" in a lame attempt to make him more faggoty so that when I caught him fucking my wife when I unexpectedly came home early from a field exercise then beating his ass and making him eat his own dick would seem a little sweeter than if it was PFC "My Supposed Buddy" from my own unit.

Gotta watch out for those PAC clerks and back personnel. They won't think twice about fucking your women...

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/machinegunyellow.gif[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
OK, so everything is going suprisingly smoothly. The soon-to-be-ex-wife signed the waiver of service, and I drafted up the Final Decree of Divorce. We went over that and she signed that too. So now I just need to wait for the 60-day "cool-off" period to expire, and I can wrap this thing up. October 11 is the day I will go in on the uncontested docket.

She has made an effort to be friends, and as odd as it sounds, it's actually going pretty well in that department. The real test will be when we start dating again, but so far it's going surprisingly well, even if it is weird being friends with someone you did really far-out fetish-themed sex acts with.

[quote name='Actium' timestamp='1283891058' post='915455']
What he said.

Sorry for the ambiguity. Yes, our romantic adventures have come to an end.
[/quote]

Well, at least you have the season and your pals here to look forward to. And eventually, the heat will have to break even in Houston, so that's a bonus.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1284002322' post='915941']
Sorry to hear (or read) that, or congrats, which ever is in order, Actium.

Personally, I am against marriage. [b]I prefer to just live in sin[/b].
[/quote]

You need Jesus.

Or Allah...

:ninja:

• 1 month later...
Well, that's a wrap.

It's over...for the best.

The strangest thing about a divorce is the bookeneds of the marriage. First you have the wedding--where you are surrounded by loved ones, and everyone is celebrating. Then you have the divorce, a heartless process where no one cares.

It is now time for healing.

Archived