Where Is The Cheapest, Closest Place To Park For The Games?

Guys-

I need suggestions on the best, cheapest and closest places to park for the game tomorrow. I usually park in Longworth or the adjacent tailgating lots and spend anywhere from $20-30 just for parking. The Mehring way lots, while close, are too expensive for me this time. Anyone have a good suggestion on a safe. cheap lot near PBS that I can park at? I'm bringing my wife to her first Bengals game, and I don't want her to have to walk miles to get into the stadium.

Help me, Obi-Wan!

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1282266056' post='908027']
Park on the ky side in the Mainstrausse lot right off 75, it's free, take the shuttle across for $1.50 and be dropped off 2-3 blocks from the stadium. Been doing this for years. Definitely the cheapest way to go and you don't have to walk far at all.
[/quote]

How often does the shuttle run? We aren't going to be able to stay for the whole game as I have to work early Saturday morning. I don't want to wait forever for a bus if I can help it.

And thanks for the suggestions guys! I really appreciate it!

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1282266764' post='908035']
How often does the shuttle run? We aren't going to be able to stay for the whole game as I have to work early Saturday morning. I don't want to wait forever for a bus if I can help it.

And thanks for the suggestions guys! I really appreciate it!

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Runs every 5-10 minutes on gamedays, not sure about the leaving early part but they line them up the same spot you get dropped off at and go when they're full. Also, I have never been stuck in any traffic leaving the lot after the game, not once in 4 years.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1282262189' post='908007']
It's a bit of a walk, and I don't know if it is still as cheap as it was, but I always park in the Fountain Square garage when going to a Reds or Bengals game. Used to be $1.
[/quote]
Its up to $10 as is most of the private garages around it- across the street on Walnut and the corner of 6th and Vine.
This is where I have always parked. One additional luxury is it is a lot easier to get out of and on your way than any
of the stadium lots and garages.

It looks like the cheapest parking is in Newport. The Levee garage is only $5 and I could walk across the (Purple People?) bridge...how long is a truck across that bridge and over to PBS? 10 minutes? 15? Others suggested parking at Hooters and riding the ferry over...how is that? Anyone done it? I saw a couple claims on the internet that it doesn't operate anymore...is that true? Where does the ferry drop you off/pick you up?

I know there are $5 lots downtown that may even be closer of a walk than Newport, but I like not having to drive downtown at all. Just hop right across the 471 bridge and away to I-74.

If I don't have the boy with me, I park for free and walk a little bit. Either park on the street in Covington or if you get there early, you can check by P & G. The street on the east side of the towers (Sentinel?) usually doesn't fill up until a few minutes before the game starts.

Sunday night, I parked by the church near Main and 6th for $5.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1282308958' post='908139']
It looks like the cheapest parking is in Newport. The Levee garage is only $5 and I could walk across the (Purple People?) bridge...how long is a truck across that bridge and over to PBS? 10 minutes? 15? Others suggested parking at Hooters and riding the ferry over...how is that? Anyone done it? I saw a couple claims on the internet that it doesn't operate anymore...is that true? Where does the ferry drop you off/pick you up?

I know there are $5 lots downtown that may even be closer of a walk than Newport, [b]but I like not having to drive downtown at all.[/b] Just hop right across the 471 bridge and away to I-74.
[/quote]

wut...

how exactly is parking across a bridge a better plan that driving downtown? do you think downtown is like new york or soemthing? 5 minutes of traffic gets you across the entire "city"..

people are weird.

Archived