49ers to Offer 3 Picks

Interesting details in that article, though. It claims Carson can retire for a year, then his contract is null-and-voided, and he's then free to sign with any team.

It also claims that his wife is pushing him to retire.

Here are some clues.... Carson wants to take a year off to spend time with his young family.

[quote name='MaineBengal' timestamp='1296019621' post='965706']
Interesting details in that article, though. It claims Carson can retire for a year, then his contract is null-and-voided, and he's then free to sign with any team.

Here are some clues.... Carson wants to take a year off to spend time with his young family.
[/quote]
I believe that Carson doesn't have much of a shelf-life yet. He has been getting hit non-stop the past two years. Combine multiple knee injuries and a pretty severe arm injury into it and it just doesn't seem like at age 31, he has the time to take a year off. The clock is ticking on Carson's career. He isn't going to be able to play as long as Tom and Peyton.

Can't see him retiring this year. Not to mention if his contract voids, no chance will he make the money he is making now on another team. He would probably see a fourth of it.

[quote name='MaineBengal' timestamp='1296019621' post='965706']

[/quote]

a year off of football after 3 bad years over the age of 33 at that point... isnt exactly as much of a cake walk as you make it out to be..

and to stay in shape enough to perform when he came back he would be spending just as much time away from his family working out and so on..

it sounds good, but is quite unrealistic..

his best option is to shut his hole and get ready for some football hopefully in 4-5 months...

if his family is with him during the season he gets more time with his family than anyone else working a normal 9-5...

i think mike spoke on this..

it'd probably take the 49ers entire draft and $10mil in cash to make mike take the deal...

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1296020098' post='965708']
I believe that Carson doesn't have much of a shelf-life yet. He has been getting hit non-stop the past two years. Combine multiple knee injuries and a pretty severe arm injury into it and it just doesn't seem like at age 31, he has the time to take a year off. The clock is ticking on Carson's career. He isn't going to be able to play as long as Tom and Peyton.

Can't see him retiring this year. Not to mention if his contract voids, no chance will he make the money he is making now on another team. He would probably see a fourth of it.
[/quote]

if they can protect him from here out, he can play for a while, if not.. then he wont make it many more years... which is LIKELY whats "in his craw" as mike put it..

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1296020251' post='965710']
a year off of football after 3 bad years over the age of 33 at that point... isnt exactly as much of a cake walk as you make it out to be..

and to stay in shape enough to perform when he came back he would be spending just as much time away from his family working out and so on..

it sounds good, but is quite unrealistic..

his best option is to shut his hole and get ready for some football hopefully in 4-5 months...

if his family is with him during the season he gets more time with his family than anyone else working a normal 9-5...

i think mike spoke on this..

it'd probably take the 49ers entire draft and $10mil in cash to make mike take the deal...
[/quote]

I agree with this. He needs to shut his hole. The team went and got him some weapons. Im sure they were banking on fat tits to be better this year or Im sure they would've tried to get him some hep there too. But absolutely he needs to shut his hole.

[quote] As we told you previously, Carson's agent approached the Bengals about the possibility of trade because he was unhappy about Brat being detained, but contrary to reports, he has not "demanded" a trade as of yet. He has however, made his frustration known to Mike Brown about the lack of changes at OC and commitment to improve the offense.[/quote]

All this over Bratkowski, ...is he really that worth it?

[quote name='WhoDey85' timestamp='1296020402' post='965712']
Carson for Patrick Willis anyone? :locomotive:
[/quote]
[b]He's one of the few defensive players I'd take in a straight up trade ... with the others being:

- Demarcus Ware
- Dwight Freeney
- Troy Polamau
- Mario Williams
- Haloti Ngata
- Derrelle Revis[/b]

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1296038826' post='965720']
No way you take that offer unless they throw in their first pick.
[/quote]

yea, or even adding their 3rd rounder to it. 2nd, 3rd, and a 4th (or both) At the Least.

IF they were ever to trade him, I'd as much rather have to multiple picks than just having a first rounder. There will be many holes to fix, and areas of the team that will need to be made more dominant to offset the loss of palmer.

[quote]As we told you previously, Carson's agent approached the Bengals about the possibility of trade because [b]he was unhappy about Brat being [u]detained[/u][/b][/quote]

There you have it. Carson wants out because Brat has apparently been arrested, presumably for DWI?

If their incorrect use of the English language is any measure of their accuracy, then I don't think there is much to this story...

There is no way anyone gives a 1st rounder so idk why people think that. I think this is a great deal. We'd have 7 of the 1st 114 picks. That sounds good to me for a team needing to find some talent. Bengals have no leverage in a trade since everyone knows its trade me or i retire, even tho we'll see if that happens.

[quote name='bengals8580' timestamp='1296048503' post='965734']
There is no way anyone gives a 1st rounder so idk why people think that. I think this is a great deal. We'd have 7 of the 1st 114 picks. That sounds good to me for a team needing to find some talent. Bengals have no leverage in a trade since everyone knows its trade me or i retire, even tho we'll see if that happens.
[/quote]

That would be my price. If no one is willing to pay it, then I'll call Carson's "bluff". Until he actually files retirement papers I want a first round pick.

Archived