Twitter post from Willie Anderson: When Carson comes back, you can thank me later

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1312650282' post='1012258']
it's such a ridiculous argument anyway. you can't dictate a guy's success by where he was drafted, especially within the close relationship with the 1st round and the top of the 2nd round, where we selected dalton. besides, almost everyone within the organization was holding their collective breath that he didn't get selected in the bottom of the 1st round, where we tried to trade up to to go get him, but the price was too high for the asking. so many other factors also come into play, most importantly quarterback need. teams at the bottom third of the 1st round are your successful playoff teams. seldom do they need a highly ranked quarterback, since they already have a guy they're relying on, one that took them to those very same playoffs. then you have another tier of teams above them who even though they didn't finish the season as well, have already answered their quarterback question for the future and desire to draft another position with their 1st round pick. there's just too many variables based on all those circumstances to allow for such blanket statements to accurately be made.
[/quote]
Good post.

The Dalton doubters with no reason but "shitty conference" and "draft position" are ridiculous.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1312650282' post='1012258']
it's such a ridiculous argument anyway. you can't dictate a guy's success by where he was drafted, especially within the close relationship with the 1st round and the top of the 2nd round, where we selected dalton. besides, almost everyone within the organization was holding their collective breath that he didn't get selected in the bottom of the 1st round, where we tried to trade up to to go get him, but the price was too high for the asking. so many other factors also come into play, most importantly quarterback need. teams at the bottom third of the 1st round are your successful playoff teams. seldom do they need a highly ranked quarterback, since they already have a guy they're relying on, one that took them to those very same playoffs. then you have another tier of teams above them who even though they didn't finish the season as well, have already answered their quarterback question for the future and desire to draft another position with their 1st round pick. there's just too many variables based on all those circumstances to allow for such blanket statements to accurately be made.
[/quote]

I can respect this post. but at the same time in the last 10 yrs there have probably been 30-40 QBs picked in the 2nd rd and none of them developed into a quality starter as of yet..

My intent isn't to jinx Dalton. more or less, if the team struggles and has a shot at Luck or another top QB prospect, I don't think you pass it up..

Dalton has to prove himself as a franchise QB. I don't view him as one yet

[quote name='Xombie' timestamp='1312649945' post='1012254']
By your reasoning, Carson Palmer is a better quarterback than Drew Brees. When Drew Brees retires and is issued into the Hall of Fame, it will be as a Saint. In case you missed it, he won the Super Bowl with them.
[/quote]

no, it's absolutely ridiculous to attempt to bring carson palmer into the conversation as he has nothing to do with it.

i recognize that he'll go into the HOF as a saint, but you are discrediting his efforts for the chargers, whereas i am pointing out that he played very well for them. it wasn't a before and after situation, as you are trying unsuccessfully to make a case for. he was successful enough as a rookie to have a 95 passer rating leading the previous year's worst team in the NFL to an 8-8 record. for every year except one (when he only played 11 games) he passed for over 3,000+ yds. for them. on top of his other accomplishments that i've already pointed out in his 2004 pro bowl year, he also had a passer rating of 104.8. also, from the year when he first was drafted (2001) until the 2004 year, he took them from being the worst team in the league, to a playoff team with a 12-4 record. that's a pretty herculean effort in a short period of time in my book! that's what you draft QBs to do for you and a good measure of their level of success.

the guy turned in some very good years for san diego and it's incorrect for you to try to diminish those accomplishments.

[quote name='AZBengal' timestamp='1312649841' post='1012250']
You're right. That 4-12 record last year was so impressive.

Or how about in 2009...when we won the division by NOT allowing him to throw the ball. If he came back this year, bengals were talking about having to return to putting emphasis on the running game in order to win.

If you have a great QB, you don't talk about trying to take the game OUT of his hands to improve your chances to win. That's what you do with guys like Trent Dilfer.

No accident that USC starting winning the year AFTER Carson left!
[/quote]
lolwut?

Name me a QB on this roster that gives us a better chance at winning? Dan? lol. Jordan? lol. Gradkowski? lololol. Dalton? No.

Didn't Carson have like 5 comeback wins in 2009?

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1312649879' post='1012251']
Pats got Chad cheap. That means he must suck or they are just good at what they do.

Nobodies calling TO because he's hurt.
[/quote]
Nobody is calling T.O. because he's T.O. The Pats got Chad cheap because the Bengals wanted to get rid of him once and for all. Like the Steelers and Santonio Holmes. Actually, Holmes went for one 5th round pick;the Bengies got a 5th and a 6th. So that means the Bengals are better at what they do than the Steelers and the Patriots. BTW, for all Carson's recent douchebagery,you can't say he wasn't a terrific QB. In 2005 and 2006 he was superb and rated right up there with Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Those who remember the QB horrors post-Jeff Blake should always appreciate and remember what Carson Palmer meant to this team and Bengaldom.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1312651182' post='1012271']
Dalton looks a bit off in the tc footage I've seen so far. And by that I mean not good at all. Hoping Gradkowski or Palmer show somethin
[/quote]
You are just projecting your own corrosive negativity. There hasn't been enough training camp footage for you to objectively assess Dalton. That is, if you could possibly be objective in the first place. Which I doubt.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1312651417' post='1012276']
:lmao: @ Sios on Twitter.

Shit isn't refreshing like it is supposed to. And I'm just now getting stuff that was posted about 45 minutes ago.
[/quote]

I had to go to SBUX and have the ladies there talk me off a ledge. I am a little bit more sane now. I was crazy an hour ago.

[quote name='Xombie' timestamp='1312649945' post='1012254']
By your reasoning, Carson Palmer is a better quarterback than Drew Brees. When Drew Brees retires and is issued into the Hall of Fame, it will be as a Saint. In case you missed it, he won the Super Bowl with them.
[/quote]
Drew Brees is a snot-nosed dwarf with a birth defect on his face. Carson Palmer was this generation's Otto Graham. The perfect QB. The dirty-ass Steelers and Kimo the renegade ex-Bengal killed Camelot. Everyone knows that.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1312651409' post='1012275']
lolwut?

Name me a QB on this roster that gives us a better chance at winning? Dan? lol. Jordan? lol. Gradkowski? lololol. Dalton? No.

[b]Didn't Carson have like 5 comeback wins in 2009?[/b][/quote]

If he didn't suck so badly for nearly the entire game, we wouldn't have had to come back.

[quote name='AZBengal' timestamp='1312652299' post='1012290']
If he didn't suck so badly for nearly the entire game, we wouldn't have had to come back.
[/quote]

More world class stupid shit from AZ Bengal.

Elway, Marino, Favre rank as the top 3 in come back wins. Guess if they weren't so shitty, their teams wouldn't have had to come back.

Keep the LOLposts coming. They're high comedy.

[quote name='blueridge' timestamp='1312652154' post='1012285']
Drew Brees is a snot-nosed dwarf with a birth defect on his face. Carson Palmer was this generation's Otto Graham. The perfect QB. The dirty-ass Steelers and Kimo the renegade ex-Bengal killed Camelot. Everyone knows that.
[/quote]
No shit, the only thing Brees has accomplished is 5 pro bowls, 1 first team pro selection and a Superbowl win.........WITH THE FUCKING SAINTS. You know, the team than entered the NFL in the same year as the Bengals and still have a lower all time winning percentage. The franchise that took 20 years to have a winning season and playoff appearance.

Give me the Dwarf all day long. He is the undisputed leader on offense and everyone knows it.

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/dennyg2"][b][color="#333333"]dennyg2[/color][/b][/url][color="#999999"]Dennyg2 BengalsMod[/color] [url="http://twitter.com/WillAnderson79"]@WillAnderson79[/url] [url="http://twitter.com/ESPNCincinnati"]@ESPNCincinnati[/url][color="#444444"] big Willie is a class act. I am sure he isn't doing this for an attention stunt. He knows something...

[/color][url="http://twitter.com/#!/dennyg2/status/99885454341582848"][size="2"][color="#999999"]47 minutes ago[/color][/size][/url]

Dude is a Mod on the Bengals.com board.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1312652238' post='1012286']
Jordan Palmer is the next Tom Brady
[/quote]
LOL. Jordan only wishes he had Brady's lady scraps (Bridget Moynahan)

[img]http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/bridget-moynahan-pic.jpg[/img]

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1312650554' post='1012264']
I'm not even going to waste my time aknowledging his posts.
God knows I wasted enough time already reading them.

I think I need to appy that thinking to a lot of other people here too.
[/quote]

This coming from the guy who went crazy over some ridiculous little tweet, then proceeded to tweet about half a million members of the media about it...who probably got a good laugh at you for getting your panties in such a bunch over something which obviously had no credibility and was totally bogus.

Just sad, man.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1312652729' post='1012297']
LOL. Jordan only wishes he had Brady's lady scraps (Bridget Moynahan)
[/quote]

He can probably achieve the same lady quality as Brady. Why not?

If bengaled can feel so surely that Dalton will the be the next Brees, why can't Jordan be the next Brady?

So with that said, start Jordan until CP returns. Then fire Gradsuckski and LeFlowere.

EDIT: Shit, Gradkowski and LeFevour were both sixth rounders two, I guess the Bengals have two more Brady's on the roster. How did this QB squad get so stacked? Keep em all.

Archived