Twitter post from Willie Anderson: When Carson comes back, you can thank me later

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1312648687' post='1012222']
...in the second round.
[/quote]

BS. Gee why not limit it to the actual pick, the date, and the time it was annouced.

How many reliable QBs have been drafted with the 41st pick on April 24th at 3:03 pm?

Exactly! No one. Thus that means Dalton can't be good.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1312648437' post='1012211']
Does anyone have twitter? If so you should rip willie apart...there is absolutely no reason for him to do what he did. He just got a bunch of fans excited over something that was probably never close to happening. What a dick. Hes up there with Whitner in my book.
[/quote]

Then blame the dumbass fans who are stupid enough to get excited over something and someone who they shouldn't want back anyway.

[quote name='AZBengal' timestamp='1312649368' post='1012238']
Bullshit Palmer gives us a better chance to win. The guy is a loser, plain and simple.
[/quote]
You are not very smart.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1312649285' post='1012235']
Your reaction and faith in twitter rumors is Willie's fault? Especially after Whitner BS.
[/quote]

I was never that excited or put much faith in what he said...with that being said it was still a dick move. Absolutely no reason to post that unless there was a very good chance he was actually coming back.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1312649467' post='1012241']

BS. Gee why not limit it to the actual pick, the date, and the time it was annouced.

How many reliable QBs have been drafted with the 41st pick on April 24th at 3:03 pm?

[/quote]

if you knew what the hell you were talking about rather than just jumping blindly into a conversation, you'd realize that begaled is defending Dalton, not damning him.

[quote name='AZBengal' timestamp='1312649368' post='1012238']
Bullshit Palmer gives us a better chance to win. The guy is a loser, plain and simple.
[/quote]

get real.

how deep is your bitter hatred...

the guy was a champ surrounded by idiots.. there is a reason no one is calling TO, and chad is only worth late round shit draft picks... and the reason isnt carson palmer...

the guy was unstoppable when he had protection and destroyed badass defenses in many combacks in 2009 making a reasonable season out of it...

bitter fans forget so easy...

boohoo he doesnt want to be in cincy... after being killed for three straight season and the line ginored and chad given special treatment to suckass... why would he want to be there at all? i wouldnt...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1312649680' post='1012247']
get real.

the guy was a champ surrounded by idiots.. [b]there is a reason no one is calling TO[/b], and chad is only worth late round shit draft picks... and the reason isnt carson palmer...

the guy was unstoppable when he had protection and destroyed badass defenses in many combacks in 2009 making a reasonable season out of it...

boohoo he doesnt want to be in cincy... after being killed for three straight season and the line ginored and chad given special treatment to suckass... why would he want to be there at all? i wouldnt...
[/quote]

No one is calling TO cause he tore his ACL...at least part of the reason.

And no offense but you are a little bitter too. Although I agree with some of what you said.

[b]BS. Gee why not limit it to the actual pick, the date, and the time it was annouced.

[/quote][/b]

Do you really think this these are super specifics I'm putting up...

A QB drafted in the last 10 yrs who developed into a franchise guy for the team who drafed them.. that sounds relevant to me

I'm rooting for Dalton, not against him... the idea that he's the future of the franchise is something he needs to prove. it's not a role he assumes like a Cam Newton

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1312649500' post='1012243']
You are not very smart.
[/quote]

You're right. That 4-12 record last year was so impressive.

Or how about in 2009...when we won the division by NOT allowing him to throw the ball. If he came back this year, bengals were talking about having to return to putting emphasis on the running game in order to win.

If you have a great QB, you don't talk about trying to take the game OUT of his hands to improve your chances to win. That's what you do with guys like Trent Dilfer.

No accident that USC starting winning the year AFTER Carson left!

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1312649680' post='1012247']
get real.

the guy was a champ surrounded by idiots.. there is a reason no one is calling TO, and chad is only worth late round shit draft picks... and the reason isnt carson palmer...

[/quote]

Palmer lobbied for Owens. You also defended Bratkowski until the end but then post that Palmer was surrounded by idiots.

Come on now.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1312649437' post='1012239']
well, mr. rude, would you call leading your team to the division championship, a 12-4 record, and being a pro bowl selection a measure of success, or do you have some higher standard?
[/quote]

By your reasoning, Carson Palmer is a better quarterback than Drew Brees. When Drew Brees retires and is issued into the Hall of Fame, it will be as a Saint. In case you missed it, he won the Super Bowl with them.

[quote name='AZBengal' timestamp='1312649841' post='1012250']
You're right. That 4-12 record last year was so impressive.

Or how about in 2009...when we won the division by NOT allowing him to throw the ball. If he came back this year, bengals were talking about having to return to putting emphasis on the running game in order to win.

If you have a great QB, you don't talk about trying to take the game OUT of his hands to improve your chances to win. That's what you do with guys like Trent Dilfer.

No accident that USC starting winning the year AFTER Carson left!
[/quote]

This is actually the dumbest thing anyone has posted on the internet ever. wow.

[/quote]

it's such a ridiculous argument anyway. you can't dictate a guy's success by where he was drafted, especially within the close relationship with the 1st round and the top of the 2nd round, where we selected dalton. besides, almost everyone within the organization was holding their collective breath that he didn't get selected in the bottom of the 1st round, where we tried to trade up to to go get him, but the price was too high for the asking. so many other factors also come into play, most importantly quarterback need. teams at the bottom third of the 1st round are your successful playoff teams. seldom do they need a highly ranked quarterback, since they already have a guy they're relying on, one that took them to those very same playoffs. then you have another tier of teams above them who even though they didn't finish the season as well, have already answered their quarterback question for the future and desire to draft another position with their 1st round pick. there's just too many variables based on all those circumstances to allow for such blanket statements to accurately be made.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1312650282' post='1012258']
it's such a ridiculous argument anyway. you can't dictate a guy's success by where he was drafted, especially within the close relationship with the 1st round and the top of the 2nd round, where we selected dalton. besides, almost everyone within the organization was holding their collective breath that he didn't get selected in the bottom of the 1st round, where we tried to trade up to to go get him, but the price was too high for the asking. so many other factors also come into play, most importantly quarterback need. teams at the bottom third of the 1st round are your successful playoff teams. seldom do they need a highly ranked quarterback, since they already have a guy they're relying on, one that took them to those very same playoffs. then you have another tier of teams above them who even though they didn't finish the season as well, have already answered their quarterback question for the future and desire to draft another position with their 1st round pick. there's just too many variables based on all those circumstances to allow for such blanket statements to accurately be made.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1312650243' post='1012257']
AZ Bengal is like the stupidest guy here, this is common for him.
[/quote]

I'm not even going to waste my time aknowledging his posts.
God knows I wasted enough time already reading them.

I think I need to appy that thinking to a lot of other people here too.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1312650554' post='1012264']
I'm not even going to waste my time aknowledging his posts.
God knows I wasted enough time already reading them.

I think I need to appy that thinking to a lot of other people here too.
[/quote]

Blocking people is fun and solves a lot of annoyances.

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/tytyryry"][b][color="#333333"]tytyryry[/color][/b][/url][color="#999999"]Justin[/color][url="http://twitter.com/joereedy"]@joereedy[/url][color="#444444"] did you see Willie anderson quote about an hour ago

[/color][url="http://twitter.com/#!/tytyryry/status/99885765802205185"][size="2"][color="#999999"]18 minutes ago[/color][/size][/url]

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/joereedy"][b][color="#333333"]joereedy[/color][/b][/url][color="#999999"]Joe Reedy[/color][url="http://twitter.com/tytyryry"]@tytyryry[/url][color="#444444"] Yes, and it sounds like a lot of speculating about speculation with a lot of backtracking

[/color][url="http://twitter.com/#!/joereedy/status/99886905176498176"][size="2"][color="#999999"]14 minutes ago[/color][/size][/url]

Archived