Twitter post from Willie Anderson: When Carson comes back, you can thank me later

[quote name='bengalsfan2011' timestamp='1312645390' post='1012138']
Nah, Willie was definatley saying that Palmer did something "unpopular" to bring about changes in the organazation "others might not even see"..

there was nothing ambiguous about what he said. He was saying Palmer won a standoff
[/quote]

Unless you can point to a change since camp began, there is nothing to "win". Carson made his threat in January, the Bengals made changes after that (Brat gone, Green drafted which sealed Chad being gone, new WR coach, etc.). All those changes already happened. If you want to claim Carson "won" a standoff, he "won" it back in January. And up to now, that hasn't been enough. But what "changes" have there been since a week ago when Mike told him to fuck off and enjoy retirement? None. Other than it being clear to Carson at that point that Mike has called his bluff. So either the changes made back in January and the rest of the off-season were enough for him, or they were not. Bottom line.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1312643668' post='1012104']
As someone else said ESPNCincinnati is just a fan and has no connection to ESPN. He is just going off what Wille said and nothing else.
[/quote]

ESPNCincinnatiESPN Sources inside org. say a "line of communication" has opened b/w Carson Palmer and Mike Brown, possibly regarding return to #Bengals ...

that would come down to whether you can believe the "sources inside the organization" part is true. who knows?

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1312645727' post='1012149']
bitter fan syndrome over reality...

[b]carson is 5x the QB dalton will ever be....[/b]
[/quote]

I would love to have him back... but that is a pretty bold statement that you can't possibly know...

QB's are ultimately judged on wins... which is a stat that Carson ultimately lacks....

We can all agree that Palmer has never been the same QB since his knee got blown out in the playoffs.

[b]bitter fan syndrome over reality...[/b]

carson is 5x the QB dalton will ever be....
[/quote]

you should probably take your own advice.

I'm a big Carson fan, but its completely premature (and bitter fan syndrome) to think Dalton won't amount to anything, just because you're upset Carson's gone.

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1312645806' post='1012150']
[b]Unless you can point to a change since camp began, there is nothing to "win". [/b]Carson made his threat in January, the Bengals made changes after that (Brat gone, Green drafted which sealed Chad being gone, new WR coach, etc.). All those changes already happened. If you want to claim Carson "won" a standoff, he "won" it back in January. And up to now, that hasn't been enough. But what "changes" have there been since a week ago when Mike told him to fuck off and enjoy retirement? None. Other than it being clear to Carson at that point that Mike has called his bluff. So either the changes made back in January and the rest of the off-season were enough for him, or they were not. Bottom line.
[/quote]

Willie (as inside of a source as you can have here) even refered to it as something that might not be seen.. but nonetheless a change was brought about with the holdout..

maybe he's friends with CP and he's spin doctoring the situation for him. I don't know.. that's what Willie is saying though

Football Gods,

You have shitted on my my entire football watching career. If you grant me one wish ever, please let Carson come back. I'm begging you. I've taken enough stomach punching to last a lifetime.

Your Humble Servant,
sois

I for one would welcome the quitter back.... let Dalton watch for a year... If 9 takes us to the promised land Andy can set longer... If he has another meh season.. trades his ass and the the Dalton era begin.....

[size="6"][b]WHO-DEY[/b][/size]

Willie just said it again.

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/WillAnderson79"][b][color="#333333"]WillAnderson79[/color][/b][/url][color="#999999"]Willie Anderson[/color] When Carson Palmer comes back to play for Bengals "Thank Me Later!"

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/WillAnderson79/status/99869654167732224"][size="2"][color="#999999"]9 seconds ago[/color][/size][/url]

[/quote]

Bitter fan syndrome? It sounds like you are still bitter about brat and are making this into a carson and brat vs Dalton and Gruden thing or something.

I just dont get all your hate for Dalton? He might be your favorite teams QB of the future, why not back him until at least he shows he cant do the job?

With that being said, Ive been saying over the last few months I think Carson and Mike should work out a boomer type deal. Play one more year, teach dalton the ropes, if you still want to leave I will trade you after the year.

[/quote]

You simply don't know that. Your bitching about it has been consistent, I will give you that. But the Carson that everyone loved died when Kimo hit his knee. His career since then has been on a different arc. And he came up unbelieveably small last year, in a year where he got so much of what he wanted.

Nothing bitter about having the level head to assess Carson's career to this point and wonder if he, through injury and age, has long since stopped being what you remembered him being. Maybe Carson can find some fire now and actually, you know, lead. But he sure came up short in that department last year, and his arm looked shot for too many games.

Dalton profiles to be a very good quarterback in the NFL. Guys his size do succeed, whether you want to admit it or not.

If Carson actually has bought back in and comes in ready to hit the ground running with this new playbook, fine. Otherwise, I am happy to turn the page to a guy who clearly wants to be here and has the kinds of skill that Gruden is looking in for. In fact, that Gruden already went out of his way to identify and have the team acquire.

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1312645806' post='1012150']
Unless you can point to a change since camp began, there is nothing to "win". Carson made his threat in January, the Bengals made changes after that (Brat gone, Green drafted which sealed Chad being gone, new WR coach, etc.). All those changes already happened. If you want to claim Carson "won" a standoff, he "won" it back in January. And up to now, that hasn't been enough. But what "changes" have there been since a week ago when Mike told him to fuck off and enjoy retirement? None. Other than it being clear to Carson at that point that Mike has called his bluff. So either the changes made back in January and the rest of the off-season were enough for him, or they were not. Bottom line.
[/quote]

Just in case you were gone the last month or so, two big things have happened. Chad got traded and rumors are coming out that a bubble is likely going to be built. Those are just 2 things, there could be even more things that have happened lately that have convinced CP to come back. Jordan is right there and would be able to tell carson about changes that are happening.

He might have had some wins in the battle back in January, but maybe he has finally won the war and wants to come back?

Who knows...

[quote name='bengalsfan2011' timestamp='1312645985' post='1012155']
Willie (as inside of a source as you can have here) even refered to it as something that might not be seen.. but nonetheless a change was brought about with the holdout..

maybe he's friends with CP and he's spin doctoring the situation for him. I don't know.. that's what Willie is saying though
[/quote]

I acknowledged in my previous post all the changes that were brought about since his January announcement. I have always though Carson forced those to some extent. But, according to Carson, it wasn't enough. I reject that there is some other concession that has been made since camp started. The only thing that has happened since then was Mike Brown made clear he wouldn't be played.

I know a good bunch of you love to hate Mike Brown, and for good reasons, but it seems to me, if Carson comes back, Mike Brown won this standoff. And a whole bunch of people were begging for him to be traded. So if Carson comes back, props to Mike Brown from a bunch of you?

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1312646330' post='1012168']
Just in case you were gone the last month or so, two big things have happened. Chad got traded and rumors are coming out that a bubble is likely going to be built. Those are just 2 things, there could be even more things that have happened lately that have convinced CP to come back. Jordan is right there and would be able to tell carson about changes that are happening.

He might have had some wins in the battle back in January, but maybe he has finally won the war and wants to come back?

Who knows...
[/quote]

Chad's end was sealed here the moment AJ Green was drafted. That happened back in April, last I checked. And I can't speak to the bubble. I have always thought that a weird obsession for too much of the fanbase, but I for sure don't think Carson "forced" Mike Brown's hand on it, one way or another. And if he did, it didn't happen in the last week...

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1312646375' post='1012169']
I acknowledged in my previous post all the changes that were brought about since his January announcement. I have always though Carson forced those to some extent. But, according to Carson, it wasn't enough. I reject that there is some other concession that has been made since camp started. The only thing that has happened since then was Mike Brown made clear he wouldn't be played.
[/quote]

Willie said it was something other don't know about or care about... so that leads me to believe it's not the laundy list of the biggest moves the Bengals made this offseason mentioned in your post..

I've always given Palmer the benefit of the doubt. This confirms my theory.. If I held another theory it might not be enough evidence to change it...
we'll have to agree to disagree I guess

[quote name='Fela Kuti' timestamp='1312646044' post='1012159']
I could see Carson coming back for one year to start and mentor Dalton. He would only do this if at the end of next season the bengals agreed to trade him to one of his top three choices
[/quote]

Thats what Ive been thinking for months...but once he comes back and wins the super bowl he wont want to leave :)

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1312646767' post='1012176']
Thats what Ive been thinking for months...but once he comes back and wins the super bowl he wont want to leave :)
[/quote]

23 and mother fucking 0

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1312645555' post='1012144']
that can't be quite true.

Willie never said the team and Carson are talking, and Willie is certainly no inside source in the organization.

The source may not work for ESPN, but he's definitely not just reiterating what Willie said.
[/quote]
He is just saying what Willie said. Just use logic. If Willie is hinting at Carson coming back then that must mean at some point Carson has talked to someone inside the Bengals about it. So for him to say there is an ongoing decision is not far off line from what Willie is saying.

Just look at what he has written on Twitter in the past. No where over the last several weeks has he broken any news about the Bengals. He is always late with the news and if the top NFL reporters dont know about Carson then his so called source must be excellent. If it is that good of a source, you would think he would be breaking news left and right.

Also dont you find it strange that there has not even been a hint of Carson coming back and then all of sudden WIllie says something and now this guy has inside info out of now where. Put two and two together and it is easy to see he is going off what WIlie said.

He is just a want to be reporter that is trying to get people to believe him. No one that is reputable would try to make people believe that they work for ESPN.

Archived