[quote name='Who Dey Forever' timestamp='1325788839' post='1084648']
I'm surprised no mocks have us taking Burfict. Perfect fit IMO.
[/quote]

not really. He's an undisciplined headcase at a position that isn't a big need. Not the kind of player Marvin is looking to bring in at all.

[/quote]

I saw someone call him the most overrated prospect they have ever seen.

Admittedly, I don't know enough about him to form an opinion.

Just passing along what I saw.

[/quote]

[size=8][b]Nooooooooooo!!!!![/b][/size]

[size=8][size=3]I wouldn't touch him. He has the same issues Maualuga has [/size][/size]AND he makes too many stupid penalties. He did not start their bowl game, and after he got in for a series he was benched again.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1325775489' post='1084562']

Kirk Chambers ..... [url="http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/Kirk-Chambers/CHA111272"]http://www.bengals.c...mbers/CHA111272[/url]

And I don't see how anyone could call Scaife a gain (or Chambers a loss, really)
I forgot either ever signed with the Bengals.
[/quote]

looks like chambers was a waived player, so we can scratch that.

[quote name='AZBengal' timestamp='1325702951' post='1084259']
Watched Decastro closley... never seen a guard who completely missed guys or barely made contact with defenders on so many running plays.

He looked great pulling, really athletic... but never blocked anyone. Then a defender would make the tackle behind him. Same when they ran behind him. He would fire off the ball, not touch anyone, then look around like he was trying to find someone to block. Occasionally he would lunge at a defender and miss or make weak contact. Meanwhile the ball carrier has already been tackled.

He looked better pass blocking. But it was frustrating watching him in the running game because I kept waiting for him to put a solid block on a defender.
[/quote]
[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1325703429' post='1084260']

I seriously question if you're watching the right guy.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a better pulling guard, and he's always got his helmet on someone.
[/quote]

AZ is not the only one that questions the hype on DeCastro. The two games (yeah, I know it's not a lot) that I watched, he would pull and get out front and be lunging to barely hit his guy or miss someone completely on multiple plays. I also wonder about him being on the ground so much, seems like he ends up rolling around on the ground too often for my likes.

I know nearly everyone else is sold on him, but so far I'm not. He looks athletic, pulls real well, but it just seems like I've seen him fail to put his hat on someone at the end of too many pulls. Even still, I think he's probably a high 2nd rounder right now for other reasons and I don't see it with Cordy Glenn either. I think he's a 2nd to probably a 3rd rounder as well but I've only had the chance to watch one of his games this year and probably not even all of that game, so it could have been a couple of off plays that I saw.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1325793985' post='1084693']
I think I remember something about Burlifict being benched at some point at the end of the season for poor play. Maybe a bowl game?

He's all hype and will probably slip to round 2.

Edit: didn't read Jason's post reference benching
[/quote]
He got benched because he plays like a mad man . If he does slip , he'll be worth it...too much potential

[quote name='Who Dey Forever' timestamp='1325874438' post='1085020']
He got benched because he plays like a mad man . If he does slip , he'll be worth it...too much potential
[/quote]
He got benched because he does stupid shit.

We don't need that.

[quote name='AZBengal' timestamp='1325702951' post='1084259']
Watched Decastro closley... never seen a guard who completely missed guys or barely made contact with defenders on so many running plays.

He looked great pulling, really athletic... but never blocked anyone. Then a defender would make the tackle behind him. Same when they ran behind him. He would fire off the ball, not touch anyone, then look around like he was trying to find someone to block. Occasionally he would lunge at a defender and miss or make weak contact. Meanwhile the ball carrier has already been tackled.

He looked better pass blocking. But it was frustrating watching him in the running game because I kept waiting for him to put a solid block on a defender.
[/quote]
Went back and watched the game today. You are right there is several plays where he just did not block anyone but some of that had to do with OK St dropping 8 into coverage. He pulled well but just would never block anyone. He also went to cut block a few guys and whiffed badly. He also had problems at times sustaining his blocks. On third down in OT, he is the one who gave up the pressure that caused Luck to dump off the pass. You just cant give up that pressure on such a huge play.

He is extremely athletic but this was not his best game.

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1325988729' post='1086653']
I want rb Lamar Miller at #17. And ill take as Barron with the second first round pick
[/quote]

DeCastro or Glenn with one of our first round picks.

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1325988729' post='1086653']
I want rb Lamar Miller at #17. And ill take as Barron with the second first round pick
[/quote]

not a fan of miller (as a first rounder). he's got speed to burn, but he's often TOO patient in hitting the hole.

I say you get a plug and play olineman with one of those picks.

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1325990868' post='1086723']
I want nothing to do with another over weight olineman ill pass on Glenn. I do like Decastro
[/quote]

Even at his weight he's nimble enough to start at LT in the SEC. And I want him for RG. He's similar in size to Bobbie. But taller with a smaller gut.

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1325990868' post='1086723']
I want nothing to do with another over weight olineman ill pass on Glenn. I do like Decastro
[/quote]

with Glenn, I still think you're forgetting that he's a guard playing LT because he's the best lineman his team has. You said something similar the other day.He's basically playing LT at a guard weight. He's only listed at 13lbs heavier than Whitworth. Too big for a tackle, but 348 isn't a lot for a guard at all, and to my knowledge he has no history of a weight problem.

I also prefer DeCastro at guard, but I could totally see the Bengals grabbing Glenn. He's got the size they like in their guards, and he's got the versatility they like. DeCastro is strictly a RG (maybe a LG too but I don't think he'd be as good at pulling on the left), but Glenn could play LG, RG, RT, and a little slimmer could also backup LT if you needed him to.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1325991674' post='1086744']

with Glenn, I still think you're forgetting that he's a guard playing LT because he's the best lineman his team has. You said something similar the other day.He's basically playing LT at a guard weight. He's only listed at 13lbs heavier than Whitworth. Too big for a tackle, but 348 isn't a lot for a guard at all, and to my knowledge he has no history of a weight problem.

I also prefer DeCastro at guard, but I could totally see the Bengals grabbing Glenn. He's got the size they like in their guards, and he's got the versatility they like. DeCastro is strictly a RG (maybe a LG too but I don't think he'd be as good at pulling on the left), but Glenn could play LG, RG, RT, and a little slimmer could also backup LT if you needed him to.
[/quote]

if i had to say one way or the other, i'd opt for decastro being considered as strictly more of a LG at the next level. he would suffer the way boling did at RT if slotted there. just the way i feel, but i really think he's lacking too much in core strength to hold down that spot. we'll see, i guess. a lot could be dictated by the team he goes to, i suppose. if he gets drafted by a zone blocking type OL, say like indy or denver, i suppose he might get by, but i still have my doubts that he'll ever be the dominant type player that he would be at the other guard position and have a real hard time seeing someone getting 1st round value out of him that way.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1325992282' post='1086764']

if i had to say one way or the other, i'd opt for decastro being considered as strictly more of a LG at the next level. he would suffer the way boling did at RT if slotted there. just the way i feel, but i really think he's lacking too much in core strength to hold down that spot. we'll see, i guess. a lot could be dictated by the team he goes to, i suppose. if he gets drafted by a zone blocking type OL, say like indy or denver, i suppose he might get by, but i still have my doubts that he'll ever be the dominant type player that he would be at the other guard position and have a real hard time seeing someone getting 1st round value out of him that way.
[/quote]

Boling suffered because he didn't have the ota's to get stronger. It's been widely said that olinemen suffered more than any other position group because of the lockout.

I understand you wanting to put DeCastro at LG because of his size (and I think there's merit to that), but I don't think he'd be nearly as good of a pulling guard from the left side. I don't know that for sure, but he's so natural pulling to his left that I have to assume he'd be less skilled going to his right.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1325993198' post='1086794']

Boling suffered because he didn't have the ota's to get stronger. It's been widely said that olinemen suffered more than any other position group because of the lockout.

I understand you wanting to put DeCastro at LG because of his size (and I think there's merit to that), but I don't think he'd be nearly as good of a pulling guard from the left side. I don't know that for sure, but he's so natural pulling to his left that I have to assume he'd be less skilled going to his right.
[/quote]

i think that athleticism would make direction a minor thing for him, especially in time. he's very nimble footed and that's the key. it's a much easier transition than say the one andre smith had to make moving from LT to RT, where your kickout is totally 180 degrees different from every thing you've ever done and accomplished with a different leg, all the while having to keep your base solid. also, this guy was a center when he played high school ball, and he excelled there. that required him pulling both ways, i'm sure, so it's not like riding a different bicycle. he was also a state champion shot putter. knowing something about that subject tells me decastro HAS to have the kind of quick feet where he's not going to have issues. plain and simple, you don't putt 60 feet without having nimble feet.

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1325993910' post='1086812']
Livings is like 340 lbs I don't think being that big is an asset anymore. I rather have someone like Decastro who at 310 is plenty big enough for run or pass then a slower but bigger Glenn at 350 lbs. [b]I just saw another u tube clip of Glenn and I'm still not impressed.[/b]
[b][/quote][/b]

was he playing guard or tackle?

Archived