[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1325995994' post='1086845']

what round do you predict demps will go in?[/quote]

That's hard to say right now. Most of the rankings I have seen have him in the 5th round range. But if he runs what I think he will at the combine he could go in 3 and it wouldn't surprise me at all.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1325995994' post='1086845']

what round do you predict demps will go in?
[/quote]

the projections I've seen are 4th or 5th though there is talk that teams will fall in love with his speed.

I don't think I ever realized how small sproles is, just looked it up. I knew he was short, but he weighs about 15-20lbs less than I thought he did.

Makes me much more interested in Demps.

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1325996044' post='1086848']
I do agree with you though. Glenn looks 10x better at guard then tackle.
[/quote]

yea that's where he's projected and at his best. I think he could come right in and play one of the guard spots, and be Andre's (and maybe whit's) backup if Collins leaves.

This will be an interesting offseason. Someone started a thread about it in the draft section, but the progression of guys like Boling, Mays, Moch, Sands, and Cochart are going to have HUGE ramfications on the immediate future of this team.

After watching Houston today, I would use two of the first three picks on interior line. Those guys were blocking well, stuffing the run, and just relentlessly getting to Andy Dalton. Not to mention, we could not stop the run today for whatever reason. We haven't been good at stopping the run since Pat went down it seems.

after what I saw saturday, I hab to change my mock draft pick's a little bit .bengals should go after a runningback michael bush, and think about drafting a runningback in 2013.
1 devon still dt
1 kevin zeithler og
2 chase minnifeld cb
3 jared crick dt/de

[quote name='BengalsCat' timestamp='1326003037' post='1086967']
lol first two rounds in my mind are cb guard and running back. watching af cutting back made me drool for someone who would do it for our team i dont think DE is a strech either for this squad we have had problems stopping the run late season
[/quote]

I think the #17 pick will be for need. The #21 or #22 pick (TBD today) though I think will be used on BPA, or I think there's a real chance this year they trade down and pick up an extra 2nd rounder if there's not someone they really want.

[quote name='bigboi' timestamp='1326020233' post='1087005']
after what I saw saturday, I hab to change my mock draft pick's a little bit .bengals should go after a runningback michael bush, and think about drafting a runningback in 2013.
1 devon still dt
1 kevin zeithler og
2 chase minnifeld cb
3 jared crick dt/de
[/quote]

Why the hell would we waste a 1st on a DT???????

[quote name='bigboi' timestamp='1326020233' post='1087005']
1 devon still dt
1 kevin zeithler og
2 chase minnifeld cb
3 jared crick dt/de
[/quote]

Not a fan of Devon Still. And (hoping) Sims comes back, this isn't nearly the need that interior OL and CB are, IMO.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1326031700' post='1087049']

Why the hell would we waste a 1st on a DT???????
[/quote]

I wouldn't do it with pick #17, but I won't be shocked if they go Dline with the second first rounder if its BPA. They are faced with losing Rucker, Fanene, and/or Sims in free agency. That's 25% of their stats. Now I think they keep 2 of the 3, but I still think the dline can be added to.

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1326033731' post='1087069']
I think drafting a RB higher than rd 3 is dangerous ( look @ our recent history for ex.) RB are a dime a dozen. Just look what Foster did to us yesterday for proof that you can get a great RB anywhere.
[/quote]

At the same time, most of the top RBs in the NFL were drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. Waiting until the mid to late rounds to fill a huge hole at starting RB is a recipe for disaster.

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1326033731' post='1087069']
I think drafting a RB higher than rd 3 is dangerous ( look @ our recent history for ex.) RB are a dime a dozen. Just look what Foster did to us yesterday for proof that you can get a great RB anywhere.
[/quote]

If we had Darren Sproles, we'd be dangerous as heck on offense. We'll find out this offseason if the staff agrees. Benson and Scott are both backs that don't fit Gruden's system, IMO.

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1326035260' post='1087082']
A recipe for Kenny Irons, or Chris Perry?
[/quote]

You can't draft like that. Just because 2 guys we drafted 5 years ago were injury prone doesn't mean every RB we take in the 1st or 2nd will be.

I really like Tolbert to come in and be a bell cow next year. I'd like to get Isaiah Pead in the mid-rounds to replace Bernard. Get Cordy Glenn with one of our picks and I think you might have the run game fixed. I do agree with what someone said in adding some pieces to that defense to make it elite. If you get another guy who can occupy blockers and a cornerback, it improves this team tremendously. Stop the run and put them in third and long situations and get turnovers that way.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1326036697' post='1087093']
I really like Tolbert to come in and be a bell cow next year. I'd like to get Isaiah Pead in the mid-rounds to replace Bernard. Get Cordy Glenn with one of our picks and I think you might have the run game fixed. I do agree with what someone said in adding some pieces to that defense to make it elite. If you get another guy who can occupy blockers and a cornerback, it improves this team tremendously. Stop the run and put them in third and long situations and get turnovers that way.
[/quote]

I know it's sad to say, but Tolbert has more wiggle than Benson. However, I don't think he can change direction and keep a high enough speed to do well here. The type of back we need is someone who can cut back on a dime. How many times has Benson, this year, cut back and took it to the non play side for a big gain? Zero. We need a Chris Johnson or MJD type back. Those bigger backs, even Bush and probably Tolbert, isn't going to do anything other than what Benson did this year.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1326039010' post='1087109']

I know it's sad to say, but Tolbert has more wiggle than Benson. However, I don't think he can change direction and keep a high enough speed to do well here. The type of back we need is someone who can cut back on a dime. How many times has Benson, this year, cut back and took it to the non play side for a big gain? Zero. We need a Chris Johnson or MJD type back. Those bigger backs, even Bush and probably Tolbert, isn't going to do anything other than what Benson did this year.
[/quote]

With the current line I agree 100%

[quote name='NASTYNATI' timestamp='1326039750' post='1087115']

With the current line I agree 100%[/quote]

Bingo.

A good offensive line makes a mediocre running back look like an all pro.

Eliminating the d line and making the next step up to linebackers from our oline means that the running back has 2 to 3 less defenders to avoid.

I remember a few years ago, Rudi Johnson's longest run was 13 yards. If a guy is consistently hit in the backfield, even a great runningback will struggle. Not saying Rudi was great but 13 yards is pathetic.

Get 2 monster guards and a decent running back like bush and the results will speak for themselves

Archived