Roflmao Jags hire Brat

Brat has been a avg OC during this tenure with the Bengals, his offense finished 17th in the league on average. Jax will need wr's to compete, yes Gabbart struggled but his wr's & te's dropped a ton of balls. They have a dominate running game, but they don't any wr's worth a damn on the roster, it's full of #3 guys. They need to sign atleast 2-3 veteran wr's to come into Jax and help out.

Brat has a history of coaching up bad qbs and making them productive, look at Jon Kitna.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1326469997' post='1089308']
lol. saw a Jags fan on another message board comment, "KHAAANNNNNNNNN!" and lost it.
[/quote]

[img]http://whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/star-trek-khan.jpg[/img]

[size=5]"Just run the goddamn play Blaine!! I'm telling you! They always fall for the fucking shovel pass!!"[/size]

Lets all take time to remember the ultimate self'ing by a few members of this board when they rejoiced and taunted others with what they thought was inside information about Brat returning for this past season. Thanks for the lulz, fellas. I wonder why you don't see them posting much anymore?

I never thought that Brat was that bad.

Two negatives to me was 1) after 10 years or so I thought offense became too stale and predictable and 2) I dont like coordinators that in sit the booth versus being on the field.

I really like Gruden but I cant honestly say the offense was gang busting this year.

I know you might say he had a rookie QB. and WR.

Thats true but last year Brat a a broken down QB who I think had already made up his mind to quit and just mailed it in pls TO and Ocho, I I think Gruden had the better offense by
addition by subtraction.

[quote name='westside bengal' timestamp='1326479262' post='1089367']
I never thought that Brat was that bad.

Two negatives to me was 1) after 10 years or so I thought offense became too stale and predictable and 2) I dont like coordinators that in sit the booth versus being on the field.

I really like Gruden but I cant honestly say the offense was gang busting this year.

I know you might say he had a rookie QB. and WR.

Thats true but last year Brat a a broken down QB who I think had already made up his mind to quit and just mailed it in pls TO and Ocho, I I think Gruden had the better offense by
addition by subtraction.
[/quote]

I agree.. But being middle of the pack on offense is sort of gangbusty when considered with perspective.. A top of the league performance would have been historic.. Hell, it pretty much already was.

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1326476178' post='1089345']
Mularkey , Brat , Bres and Gabbert equals the number #1 pick of the 2013 NFL draft, Barkley and a move to Los Angeles.
[/quote]

Given the way USC Qbs have worked out recently,, they may get another #1 pick after that.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1326471741' post='1089320']

[img]http://whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/star-trek-khan.jpg[/img]

[size=5]"Just run the goddamn play Blaine!! I'm telling you! They always fall for the fucking shovel pass!!"[/size]
[/quote]
:lmao:

[quote name='McBallerson' timestamp='1326478293' post='1089360']
Lets all take time to remember the ultimate self'ing by a few members of this board when they rejoiced and taunted others with what they thought was inside information about Brat returning for this past season. Thanks for the lulz, fellas. I wonder why you don't see them posting much anymore?
[/quote]

That reminds me....Thanks again Go for the awesome board!

And let's not forget that it took Carson 32 games to get his 4th-4th quarter comeback. It took Andy 11 games to do it. And I don't think anyone is going to say Dalton is really that much better than early Palmer. So what would the other difference be? OC of course...

his offense required superior talent at every position and he could not adjust to what an opponent did during a game.

no use of TE or middle of the field, screens, delays, or quick passes.

in Jax, it will be Mularkey's philosophy and Brat will work with that. Mularkey DOES like deception and keeping defenses off balance, and considering they have MJD, there is a possibility for some success. but I wouldn't start crowning Brat if they have some success. Mularkey >> Brat. They will have to draft OL and WR and find talented people and Brat wasn't bad at finding talent.

Nothing personal against Brat, but I don't prefer his style of offense and I certainly didn't like his offense here for the last 3 years of his tenure here.

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' timestamp='1326570882' post='1089608']
his offense required superior talent at every position and he could not adjust to what an opponent did during a game.

in Jax, it will be Mularkey's philosophy and Brat will work with that. Mularkey DOES like deception and keeping defenses off balance, and considering they have MJD, there is a possibility for some success. but I wouldn't start crowning Brat if they have some success. Mularkey >> Brat. They will have to draft OL and WR and find talented people and Brat wasn't bad at finding talent.

Nothing personal against Brat, but I don't prefer his style of offense and I certainly didn't like his offense here for the last 3 years of his tenure here.
[/quote]

I could see Ocho and Simpson in Jax next year as they will both be free agents.

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' timestamp='1326470449' post='1089311']
To be fair to brat, gabbert will fail regardless of what oc he has
[/quote]
New ownership, new coaching staff, I wouldn't be too surprised to see them take a new QB this year in the draft if they see one they like, or they roll with Gabbert and try to get in the Matt Barkley sweepstakes

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' timestamp='1326570882' post='1089608']

[/quote]
Brats O is stuck in the 90s but it will work if they have smart receivers, smart QB and great pass blocking.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1326575841' post='1089625']
Brats O is stuck in the 90s but it will work if they have smart receivers, smart QB and great pass blocking.
[/quote]

I agree.. Hobson always said he ran a Coryell offense, but I would consider it more of a "run and shoot" with a little TE sprinkled in mostly for pass protection...

Archived