Roflmao Jags hire Brat

I'll be interested to see how that plays out. It will give some perspective on Brat we could all use.

I think Jacksonville will be better under Brat, but not sustainably good. By in large, that dynamic brilliance that leads to elite offenses is a younger man's game. I think Brat is old school. I think he can bring sound offensive strategy, but nothing new and innovative. I think those truly creative years are behind him... But who knows? Perhaps he could have a bit of a Rennaisance. We'll see.

I think Gabbert has a shot... It's too early, IMO. Brat will have some weapons, especially MJD. I'll bet he can catch the shovel pass.

And what is it with Brat and Mularkey? That's 2x in 2 years that Brat has followed him. Hope Mularkey doesn't stop short, or they will have to surgically remove Brat's head from his ass.

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1326423915' post='1089165']Seriously? What rock have you been under?[/quote]

The stats support his argument, although I'm not sure they point to sustained success... I'm not sure that they don't, either. It's a debate with lots of moving parts.

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1326421370' post='1089144']
Brat is going to be hired as the OC in Jacksonville... Dumbest move ever. He will ruin the qb quicker than shit.
[/quote]

that wasn't the funny part.

The funny part was that he was a member of the Falcons staff, and he wasn't listed as one of the candidates for their open OC job.

[quote name='AZBengal' timestamp='1326423709' post='1089163']
Brat has had success everywhere he has been... Pittsburgh, Seattle, Cincy, Atlanta. Excellent offensive coach.

Not sure where all the hate comes from for him.
[/quote]

I think it stems from him overstaying his welcome in Cincy combined with a poor record and some offensive struggles in the last years of his tenure.

Coach\OC = target for criticism...

[quote name='AZBengal' timestamp='1326423709' post='1089163']
Brat has had success everywhere he has been... Pittsburgh, Seattle, Cincy, Atlanta. Excellent offensive coach.

Not sure where all the hate comes from for him.
[/quote]

I guess we have different definitions of "had success". If you are saying that at one point in each of those tenures he had success temporarily, then yes you ate correct. If you ate saying that each of those tenures could be considered a success, you are sadly mistaken. A couple of good years do not constitute success over that long of a time period, sorry.

Gabbert was going to suck regardless of Brat.

That vertical system isn't going to go very far either with the lack of receivers. We should trade them our first rounder for there first rounder next year..

Archived