Reggie Nelson re-signs with the BENGALS!!!!

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1332046290' post='1108176']
Mystery team for Manning was.49ers and no one knew that, so you never know.
[/quote]

You are correct in that we never know. But I'm still not buying. :)

[quote name='whodey365' timestamp='1332049904' post='1108188']
sucks to say but hes as good as gone. guarantee that the jets will pay him more than the tag and since we wouldnt tag him i cant see us matching so heres to sands and mays in the secondary woo fucking hoo.
[/quote]
So you think the jets will pay him more than the average of the top five safeties in the league? Either you are overestimating Nelson's talent or underestimating the jets intelligence. even they wouldn't be that dumb, at least I don't think they would

[quote name='whodey365' timestamp='1332049904' post='1108188']sucks to say but hes as good as gone. guarantee that the jets will pay him more than the tag and since we wouldnt tag him i cant see us matching so heres to sands and mays in the secondary woo fucking hoo.[/quote]

i think if the jets were offering over 6 mil per he wouldent be taking 24 hrs to pick. im thinking the jets offer may have been slightly more than bengals and hes taking 24hrs to see if bengals will sweeten the pot. should find out today one way or another.

[quote name='snarkster' timestamp='1332038120' post='1108094']
If they do re-sign Nelson to go with Allen, Mays, Sands and Miles, it really addresses safety pretty nicely and moves it from the top of the needs list in the draft. That's a good thing, because it isn't really a strength other than Mark Barron. I see them using Allen as both a free safety and an inside corner.
[/quote]

not to mention, it forces the jets hand in the way they draft, where they happen to sit right in front of us.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1332050237' post='1108189']
So you think the jets will pay him more than the average of the top five safeties in the league? Either you are overestimating Nelson's talent or [b]underestimating the jets intelligence. even they wouldn't be that dumb, at least I don't think they would[/b]
[b][/quote][/b]

they did extend sanchez....lol

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' timestamp='1332078072' post='1108220'] i heard the same. BUT MIKE BROWN IS SO CHEAP111!!![/quote]
Actually, that would make me, and I guess MB, sour on the guy a bit. It's one thing to say "go out and get an offer and let us beat it." It's another thing to go through that process - and then use our generosity to try to get more money yet. If that's true I can see MB, AKA Mr. Principle, not matching...

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1332077306' post='1108214']
Take this with a grain of salt, but I heard the Bengals have the better offer on the
table and Nelson's Agent is trying to get the Jets to sweeten their offer.
[/quote]

Sources Damn It!!!!! :contract:

:sport27: Kidding, I logged in this morning to read something like this so thanks! Come on Reggie stay here and be a part of something great!

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1332078278' post='1108223']
Actually, that would make me, and I guess MB, sour on the guy a bit. It's one thing to say "go out and get an offer and let us beat it." It's another thing to go through that process - and then use our generosity to try to get more money yet. If that's true I can see MB, AKA Mr. Principle, not matching...
[/quote]

Wouldn't be so sure. MB is a master negotiator...followed in line only slightly by Katie. They already know what Reggie's number is without his agent even saying it. All great negotiators do. The Jets might stumble and guess/overpay on this and sign him...but it won't be because MB isn't in the game.

And I never blame a player for switching sides because of the loot. It's their business venture...they are their own business. They take care of business.

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1332080081' post='1108243']

Wouldn't be so sure. MB is a master negotiator...followed in line only slightly by Katie. They already know what Reggie's number is without his agent even saying it. All great negotiators do. The Jets might stumble and guess/overpay on this and sign him...but it won't be because MB isn't in the game.

And I never blame a player for switching sides because of the loot. It's their business venture...they are their own business. They take care of business.[/quote]

Agreed on all counts.

You can't knock a guy for going for the sweetest deal when the average length of career is something like 3 years in his profession.

[quote name='snarkster' timestamp='1332038120' post='1108094']
If they do re-sign Nelson to go with Allen, Mays, Sands and Miles, it really addresses safety pretty nicely and moves it from the top of the needs list in the draft. That's a good thing, because it isn't really a strength other than Mark Barron. I see them using Allen as both a free safety and an inside corner.
[/quote]

Trust me, you never want to put Allen at safety he makes Maualuga look like Ray Lewis when it comes to wrapping up. Keep as the rcb in nickel situations.

[quote name='whodey365' timestamp='1332049904' post='1108188']
sucks to say but hes as good as gone. guarantee that the jets will pay him more than the tag and since we wouldnt tag him i cant see us matching
[/quote]

If that were the case, there would be no reason for Nelson to take a day to think about all the contract offers he's received.

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1332080748' post='1108248']

Trust me, you never want to put Allen at safety he makes Maualuga look like Ray Lewis when it comes to wrapping up. Keep as the rcb in nickel situations.[/quote]

Two years ago, you would have said the same thing about Nelson. Just sayin'.

[quote name='Mikey6866' timestamp='1332074721' post='1108204']
im thinking the jets offer may have been slightly more than bengals and hes taking 24hrs to see if bengals will sweeten the pot. should find out today one way or another.
[/quote]
This is more logical than the Bengals have a better offer and he is trying to get the Jets to pony up more. If he was trying to get the Jets to raise their offer, he would have gotten the best offer he could have while he was there. The Bengals likely have given him an offer and asked him to give them an opportunity to beat any offer he receives. And he is likely to do that, especially since the Bengals turned his career around.

[color=#333333][font=HelveticaNeue,]

[url="https://twitter.com/#!/CincyJungle"][b]Josh Kirkendall[/b] [size=4]‏[/size] [s]@[/s][b]CincyJungle[/b][/url]

[/font][/color]
Chatter is that Reggie Nelson has made his decision and that announcement is coming soon.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1332085081' post='1108276']

[url="https://twitter.com/#!/CincyJungle"][b]Josh Kirkendall[/b] [size=4]‏[/size] [s]@[/s][b]CincyJungle[/b][/url]

Chatter is that Reggie Nelson has made his decision and that announcement is coming soon.
[/quote]

Hmmm.... sounds like something that would be set up for the New York media.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1332077306' post='1108214']
Take this with a grain of salt, but I heard the Bengals have the better offer on the
table and Nelson's Agent is trying to get the Jets to sweeten their offer.
[/quote]

So, basically, this is the old crap of using the Bengals as leverage to up offers from other clubs.

Whatever... and I know its business but Nelson should kiss Mike Brown's ass for jump starting his stalled career
in the first place.
F'n ingrate.

[url="https://twitter.com/#!/RavensInsider"][b]Aaron Wilson[/b] [size=4]‏[/size] [s]@[/s][b]RavensInsider[/b][/url][/font][/color]
[/font][/color]
Laron Landry is visiting the Jets today following his Patriots visit on Saturday, per a league source Has three undisclosed upcoming visits[/font][/color]

Archived