!!!!!WITH THE 27TH PICK THE BENGALS SELECT RG KEVIN ZEITLER!!!!!

[b][url="http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/zeitler_kevin00.html"]Bio[/url][/b]

[b]Pre-draft story[/b]

[b][url="http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2012/04/19/wisconsins_zeitler_has_all_the_building_blocks_to_play_in_nfl/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Football+news"]Building blocks all there for Zeitler[/url][/b]
[b]Boston Globe[/b]
On paper, Wisconsin guard Kevin Zeitler looks like the perfect Patriot: He is all about football, won a team award after his junior season for weight room dedication, has made a strong impression on teams in interviews, projects well in a zone-blocking scheme, and reportedly scored a 33 on the Wonderlic test.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1335531004' post='1123514']

No homerism involved and no home grown bengal bias either.

Alexander by my quick count has home grown the following linemen that were sought after in the Free Agent market directly after their first contract with the Bengals - Goff, Andrews, Steinbach, Livings.

By my quick count the Bengals have performed very well in the first/second round for Offensive linemen under Alexander except Andre Smith (which the jury is still out). Willie Anderson, Levi Jones, Steinbach, Whitworth.

In the case of Andre Smith although I think he still has alot to prove to validate the pick. He's probably better already than the other tackles in that draft (Jason Smith, Oher, and Monroe). 2 of the 3 bengals could have selected instead.

An honest opinion of this line's performance is that it was closer to top 10 vs. bottom 10 in the most recently completed seasons. Where as the Pitt line had some big holes and has looked horrible at times clearly closer to bottom 10 vs. top 10.

The Bengals line coaching has gotten good mileage out of Bobbie Williams as Free Agent pick up. Virtually no name Roland, Cooke, and Livngs.

If your asking to take out homerism I think you have to take irrational homegrown bengal bias out of the equation too. I would rank the Bengals the best in the division as far as ability to build, develop offensive line talent.
[/quote]

I don't believe anything you said is incorrect. Alexander has done a good job on the line as a whole. However, Guard has always been a weak point and he has never given us a solid Guard in a VERY long time. The stats prove that Guard is our weak point. For instance, Livings may have attracted attention in free agency but who really knows why. We picked up a Guard or two recently that are rated below (if that is possible) Livings. People want what they want for camp fodder, rotation, depth, etc... however, when drafting for a starter at Guard, Alexander has blown chunks. IF McNally was involved in this decision I may be happier with it but I don't see how if all the conversation I hear at this point is Alexander said this and Alexander said that, Zietler was rated higher on the draft board, Zeitler was coveted by the Ravens, etc... Nothing, before the draft has been said to solidify the assumption that Zeitler was a better prospect or comparable with the exception of somewhat obscure references by reported "experts." Zeitler was ranked a C before the draft in the Drug Store List, The Bengals are not and usually haven't drafted outside the A or B Grade in the 1st round. The only thing that makes some sense is that Zeitler may be considered a backup for Center and DeCastro was unable to or unwilling to play backup at Center.

In other words, I don't trust Alexander to draft a Guard.

From ESPN Insider. They gave Zeitler an overall grade of 88 ...

[b] Overall Football Traits[/b]

Production 2
"2008: Appeared in three games along the offensive line. 2009: Started all 13 games at RG. 2010: Played in 13 games while making nine starts at RG. 2011: Started all 14 games at RG."

Height-Weight-Speed 3
"Average blend of height, weight and top-end speed for an offensive guard prospect. "

Durability 2
Missed time during 2010 summer camp with a high ankle (left) sprain sustained during practice.

Intangibles 1
Pronunciation: ZITE-ler. Hard worker that won the Badger Power Award for his dedication to the weight room in 2010. Has added substantial weight and gotten much stronger during collegiate career. Lost starting job because of an injury during 2010 camp but stayed positive and regained it in time for the Big Ten season opener. Has practiced at center. 2010-11 All Academic Big Ten.

[b]1[/b] = Exceptional[b]2[/b] = Above average[b]3[/b] = Average[b]4[/b] = Below average[b]5[/b] = Marginal

[b] Offensive Guard Specific Traits[/b]

Pass Protection 3
Initial quickness is just average and can get beat off the snap when footwork isn't sound. Flashes quick hands in sets and can get into defenders pads and lock on. Also shows ability to shuffle and mirror to stay in front of rushers once engaged. Can get caught lunging at times which can make him vulnerable to quicker interior rushers. Does not panic when getting knocked off balance initially and flashes ability to recover and get back into position. Can sink and anchor to neutralize bull rush attempt.

Run Blocking 2
Sound initial fit more times than not and can wall off assignment. Displays quick and compact hands to lock on to defenders. Drives legs once in position and flashes ability to drive defenders when stays low and generating leverage. However can play too high on occasion and does not have an elite inline power base to overcome and get adequate movement when pads rise up. Shuffles feet well upon contact to stay engaged with blocks. Plays under control and takes good angles in space or when climbing to the second level. Also displays ability to adjust on the move to cover up targets in space.

Awareness 2
Possesses above-average instincts and football I.Q. More instinctive as run blocker than in pass protection at this point. Generally assignment sound in the run game. Locates targets pre-snap and executes assignments. Also does a nice job of identifying targets at the second and third level on the move. Keeps head on a swivel in pass protection. Can be step late getting into position when picking up pressures from the second and third level.

Toughness 2
Above average upper body strength -- benched 225 32 times at the combine. Flashes an edge and can deliver the big block when catches defenders off guard but needs to become more of a finisher at this point. Does not back down from challenges but would like to see more of mean streak.

[b]1[/b] = Exceptional[b]2[/b] = Above average[b]3[/b] = Average[b]4[/b] = Below average[b]5[/b] = Marginal

More from ESPN Insider ....

[list]
[*]
[b]What he brings:[/b] Zeitler's a very smart and physical football player who excels in the run game. He shows good awareness to identify targets when climbing to the second level and does a good job moving his feet to sustain as a run-blocker. Where he needs to show the most improvement is in pass protection, where he can do a better job of staying patient in his sets and shuffling his feet.

[b]How he fits:[/b] The Bengals lost both starting offensive guards from a year ago in free agency, Nate Livings and Mike McGlynn, and veteran Bobbie Williams is not likely back. That leaves UFA signee Travelle Wharton, Clint Boling and Jacob Bell as their candidates. But in this West Coast offense, they want to be very physical in their inside run game, and Zeitler gives them flexibility at OG and OC and gives them good depth inside.
[/list]

[url="https://twitter.com/#!/kzeit70"][b]Kevin Zeitler[/b] [size=4]‏[/size] [s]@[/s][b]kzeit70[/b][/url]

[color=#333333][font=HelveticaNeue,]Very excited to get started in Cincy, thanks to all the people who helped me get here and for all the support. Go Bengals[/font][/color]

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1335527763' post='1123484']

I am curious as well. However, we'll never hear the actual truth at this point. The party line will be echoed throughout. Alexander has already spoken and the voice will not change. For starters, McNally and others within the Bengals have always followed the Drug Store List somewhat and have rarely (to my knowledge) never picked outside of an A or B grade in the draft on anyone in the first round. Usually the drugstore list is published as a teaser late in the year and stays somewhat accurate to draft time with only minor changes. I'd really like to know (the truth) what they (especially McNally) saw in Zeitler who was graded a C to make him drafted in a position of an A...

This talk of Baltimore wanting to draft Zeitler may have been smoke and mirrors. They may have actually wanted Glenn and can still get him in 2nd probably with 2 picks to boot from the Vikings trade.

This talk of Steelers having a bad line and not drafting very good is only partial BS. Their line was bad. After this upcoming season we'll review this decision to take DeCastro and how much (or little) their line has improved. My money is improvement will be significant. The Steelers draft very good. Although that is an unpopular thing to say around here, it can not be denied if a person legitimately looks at the facts.

High School Harry has a copy of the Drug Store List and should be able to verify some of this. Yes, I know the rankings have changed and are somewhat cryptic but what was said of Zeitler ? How far was he rated below the other Guards (Glenn, DeCastro, etc...). Thanks.
[/quote]
Did you read the Daugherty article on the guy doing the Drugstore list? He's on an iron lung. He's retiring because he's got one foot in the grade. Hard to think he's able to put in the kind of analysis that real scouts are. If you look at the thread where I published Zeitler's ACTUAL scouting report (well, only about 1/4 of it because it was so MASSIVE), I think your doubts will be erased.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1335530208' post='1123505']
I might be making this up but is there any truth to DDc being more of a lg whereas z is more of a RG?
[/quote]
Maybe, but if you watch the video I posted one of the more remarkable things is his pulling ability to the left. He does it A LOT in that video, and he is devastating.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1335532892' post='1123540']

I don't believe anything you said is incorrect. Alexander has done a good job on the line as a whole. However, Guard has always been a weak point and he has never given us a solid Guard in a VERY long time. The stats prove that Guard is our weak point. For instance, Livings may have attracted attention in free agency but who really knows why. We picked up a Guard or two recently that are rated below (if that is possible) Livings. People want what they want for camp fodder, rotation, depth, etc... however, when drafting for a starter at Guard, Alexander has blown chunks. IF McNally was involved in this decision I may be happier with it but I don't see how if all the conversation I hear at this point is Alexander said this and Alexander said that, Zietler was rated higher on the draft board, Zeitler was coveted by the Ravens, etc... Nothing, before the draft has been said to solidify the assumption that Zeitler was a better prospect or comparable with the exception of somewhat obscure references by reported "experts." Zeitler was ranked a C before the draft in the Drug Store List, The Bengals are not and usually haven't drafted outside the A or B Grade in the 1st round. The only thing that makes some sense is that Zeitler may be considered a backup for Center and DeCastro was unable to or unwilling to play backup at Center.

In other words, I don't trust Alexander to draft a Guard.
[/quote]

Right Guard became an issue due to age of Bobbie Williams. Who Alexander didn't draft but I assume identified him as a Free Agent and he wasn't a proven starter at the time. Filing a hole left by Free Agent loss Mike Goff. Literally for 10+ years Right guard has been solid and probably often overshadowed by the greatness of Willie Anderson.

He drafted Goff and Stein. Which both played at a decent non pro bowl level.

If you look at the life cycle of left guard. If Levi's career isn't cut short and he actually fulfills his deserving contract. They got Whitworth kicking ass along side Jones at Left gaurd. Filling a hole left by a Free Agent loss of Steinbach.

Not to mention the hate for Livings has never been justified. He's come out of the UDFA ranks along with their very capable center.

Not be insulting but if you don't trust him now, there probably is an unwarranted bias involved. Look at the known track record.

Really if there's been any reoccurring problem on this O-line it was missing on center GQ. Then a rash of tackle prospects who they put faith that fell short. Starting with Levi but then moving through Willie, Andrews and Andre Smith.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1335532974' post='1123544']
Pass Protection 3
Initial quickness is just average and can get beat off the snap when footwork isn't sound. Flashes quick hands in sets and can get into defenders pads and lock on. Also shows ability to shuffle and mirror to stay in front of rushers once engaged. Can get caught lunging at times which can make him vulnerable to quicker interior rushers. Does not panic when getting knocked off balance initially and flashes ability to recover and get back into position. Can sink and anchor to neutralize bull rush attempt.

[/quote]

They guy didn't allow a SINGLE QB PRESSURE LAST YEAR OR A SINGLE SACK IN HIS TWO YEARS of starting. How is that not an A+ in Pass Pro?

[b]OVERVIEW[/b]
Zeitler is one of the most intense blockers in the collegiate ranks. With three seniors having graduated, the 2011 season saw the national media finally recognize the immense talent that the Badgers right offensive guard possesses.

Zeitler’s legend no longer resides in the Wisconsin locker room and on the football field, as he has received All-American first-team accolades as a senior. Ever since the UW former coaching staff first caught a glimpse of his fierce desire, impressive strength and tremendous tenacity during the high school camps he attended, Badgers fans have learned to appreciate the man that his teammates dubbed as “The Terminator” upon his arrival on campus as a freshman.

2010 All-American left guard John Moffitt joked that the goal of the offensive linemen was to transform Zeitler from machine into a man. His legend grew with each game that he suited up for Wisconsin, and the coaches knew that while their right guard was a man of few words, no one on the team displayed his passion and tenacity for his work on the football field, in the weight room and in the classroom.

"He is a great worker," Moffitt said of Zeitler, "He is relentless. He is focused. He is a serious guy. He wants to hit people and he is a very physical player."

The consensus from professional scouts is that there is no other offensive lineman eligible for the 2012 draft that possesses the hand punch that the senior right guard delivers on a consistent basis.

In 35 games as a starter for Wisconsin, Zeitler was a dominant force on the right side of the line. The team’s renowned running game amassed more that 60% of its yardage on the ground on that side of the field in 2010, with Zeitler leading the charge. In 2011, he established a Big Ten Conference record, registering 33 touchdown-resulting blocks, including 29 for a ground game that found the end zone 46 times.

In 2010, Zeitler registered more touchdown-resulting blocks (19) than any interior lineman in the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision ranks, and his average of touchdown-resulting blocks per game (1.46 overall/1.78 as a starter) were the most by a Badger since All-American tackle Joe Thomas (1.64 per game) captured the prestigious Outland Trophy in 2006.

In 2011, he became just the third player in the collegiate ranks, at all levels of competition since 1985, to produce two blocking consistency grades of 100%, joining Larry Allen of Division II Sonoma State (1993) and Southern California’s Tony Boselli (1994) in accomplishing that feat. Just four other linemen have garnered 100% grades for blocking consistency more than once in a career.

Zeitler entered the 2011 season rated as the fourth-best senior guard nationally by NFLDraftScout.com and placed second on The NFL Draft Report’s preseason list. Now, entering the 2012 NFL Draft analysis process and after his sensational 2011 campaign, Zeitler is the top-rated offensive guard prospect, according to The NFL Draft Report.

Prior to enrolling at Wisconsin, Zeitler attended Wisconsin Lutheran High School, in Milwaukee, where he moved into the starting lineup as a sophomore.

Scout.com also gave the blocker a three-star rating and placed him 22nd among the nation’s down linemen, and called him the fourth-best player in the state. He was a major reason for the Vikings ranking second in the state and 65th nationally during his first year as a starter, leading the squad to a 13-1 overall record en route to capturing the Wisconsin Little Ten title.

As a junior, Zeitler earned first-team All-Conference and All-Region honors, adding second-team All-Area accolades in 2006, as he also received All-State honorable mention for the Vikings, who shared league championship honors. He was chosen first-team All-State, All-Conference, Wisconsin Little Ten Lineman of the Year, All-Area and All-Region recognition in 2007, as the Vikings again recorded a 13-1 record to rank third in the state.

The National Honor Society member graduated with a 3.8 grade point average. On June 27th, 2007, he signed his letter-of-intent to attend the University of Wisconsin. He also received scholarship offers from Michigan, Minnesota and Purdue, in addition to drawing interest from Central Florida, Iowa, Miami, Michigan State and Northern Illinois.

Zeitler’s first season at Wisconsin saw the true freshman letter, appearing briefly in the first two contests on the schedule (vs. Akron and Marshall).

As a sophomore, Zeitler earned All-Big Ten Conference third-team honors, as he started all thirteen games at right offensive guard. The offense steadily improved with him blocking up front, as the Badgers finished 54th nationally in sacks allowed (23.0), improving to 416.92 yards per game in total offense after averaging 399.23 yards the previous season.

He registered 16 touchdown-resulting blocks and recorded 118 key blocks/knockdowns, coming up with eight downfield blocks for a rushing attack that averaged 203.85 yards per game, leading the conference in that category.

Bill Nagy opened the 2010 campaign at Zeitler’s normal right guard spot, but when Nagy shifted to center, Zeitler made up for lost time when he started the final nine contests. He dominated the action in the trenches, as the UW Badger Power Award (weight room dedication) and Academic All-Big Ten Conference choice added first-team All-Big Ten honors (The NFL Draft Report), as he registered 100 key blocks/knockdowns and paved the way for 19 of the team’s touchdown drives.

Having Zeitler in the lineup helped the Badgers drastically improve their pass protection, as Wisconsin finished 18th in the nation by giving up only 14 sacks. They placed first in the conference and fifth in the FBS ranks in scoring offense (41.46 ppg), 21st nationally in total offense (445.15 ypg) and 12th in the country with an average of 245.09 yards per game on the ground.

In 2011, he was named to the Lombardi Award Watch List, a contender for an honor given to the top interior lineman in college football. Throughout the team’s regular season schedule, Zeitler graded at least 95% for blocking consistency in each contest, breaking the previous school season-record of nine performances of 90% or better by All-American offensive tackle Joe Thomas in 2006.

Zeitler led the nation’s offensive linemen with a 97.23% grade for blocking consistency, along with producing 142 key blocks/knockdowns and 33 touchdown-resulting blocks in 2011. His thirteen down-field blocks paced all Big Ten Conference linemen.

[b]CAREER NOTES[/b]
Zeitler started 37-of-41 games that he played in for Wisconsin since the beginning of his sophomore campaign in 2009, holding the distinction of being the only active player (at least two years as a starter) in the Big Ten Conference to not allow any quarterback sacks during his career…The right offensive guard posted 360 key blocks/knockdowns that included 68 touchdown resulting blocks and 28 more blocks down field…The lineman has a blocking consistency grade of 89.57%, scoring at least 90% in 23 contests…His string of thirteen consecutive 90%-plus blocking consistency performances in 2011 set the school record and is shattered the Badgers’ annual record of nine 90%-plus contests recorded by offensive tackle Joe Thomas in 2006.

[b]2011 SEASON[/b]
All-American and All-Big Ten Conference first-team selection by The NFL Draft Report, as that scouting service calls him the “most underrated player in the league and most underrated offensive lineman in college football,” in addition to placing him at the top of their prospect ratings chart for offensive guards eligible for the 2012 NFL Draft…Added All-American first-team honors from the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) and Pro Football Weekly, in addition to receiving second-team recognition from Yahoo! Sports and Phil Steele…Unanimous All-Big Ten Conference and Academic All-Big Ten first-team choice and co-winner of the Badgers’ Tom Wiesner Award (Wisconsin-born student-athlete)…Member of the Rotary Lombardi Award Watch List, an honor given to the top interior lineman in the country…Joined Joe Thomas (vs. Purdue, Minnesota, Illinois and Penn State in 2006) as the only Badgers to register blocking consistency grades of 90% or better in nine consecutive games during a season, as he would go on to set a new mark with thirteen-straight efforts, all with marks of 95% or better…Through the team’s regular season schedule and the Big Ten title game, the senior right guard led the nation with a 97.29% grade for blocking consistency, becoming only the third player in college football since 1985 to register two or more 100% blocking performances during the same season…Also led the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision ranks with 142 knockdowns/key blocks and 33 touchdown-resulting blocks (includes 29 for a ground game that scored 46 times)…Paced the Big Ten linemen with thirteen down-field…Did not allow a quarterback sack or pressure on 302 pass plays…Helped the Badgers rank fourth in the nation and lead the conference in scoring offense (44.62 ppg), as he was a major reason Wisconsin led the conference and placed tenth in the Football Bowl Subdivision ranks in rushing (237.38) and pace the Big Ten while finishing 15th nationally in total offense (466.92 ypg)…Opened the season with a 97% grade and eight knockdowns…In the Nebraska game, the Badgers guard graded 99% with thirteen knockdowns and three touchdown-resulting blocks …Scored a perfect grade (100%) as he produced eleven knockdowns vs. Indiana, leading the charge on James White’s 15-yard scoring scamper.

[b]2010 SEASON[/b]
Zeitler earned UW Badger Power Award (weight room dedication) accolades and was an Academic All-Big Ten Conference choice, adding first-team All-Big Ten recognition from The NFL Draft Report, despite not joining the first unit at right offensive guard until the season’s fifth game…Was selected All-Big Ten honorable mention by the league’s coaches and media…Selected UW’s co-Offensive Player of the Game vs. both Michigan and Minnesota…Registered 100 key blocks/knockdowns, 19 touchdown-resulting blocks and seven blocks down field, as he helped the team greatly improve its offensive output…The Badgers finished 18th in the nation in sacks allowed (14) after placing 54th in that category in 2009 (23)…He also helped UW rank 21st in the nation in total offense (445.15 ypg), lead the league while ranking fifth in the NCAA FBs ranks in scoring offense (41.46 ppg) and 12th among major colleges in rushing (245.69 ypg)…Registered an 89.89% grade for blocking consistency, producing marks of 90% or better vs. Austin Peay, Minnesota, Purdue, Michigan and Northwestern, as he did not allow a sack in any of his 13 appearances.

[b]2009 SEASON[/b]
Third-team All-Big Ten Conference selection by Phil Steele…Took over right offensive guard duties, starting all thirteen games as a sophomore…Helped the Badgers finish 15th in the nation and lead the conference in rushing, averaging 203.85 yards per game…Also led the way as Wisconsin paced the Big Ten with an average of 445.15 total yards and 31.77 points per game…Registered 118 key blocks/knockdowns, sixteen touchdown-resulting blocks and eight blocks downfield, as he recorded an 88.92% grade for blocking consistency…He graded at least 90% for blocking in each of the Northern Illinois, Fresno State, Wofford, Northwestern and Hawaii contests…Produced multiple touchdown-resulting blocks vs. Northern Illinois, Fresno State and Hawaii.

[b]2008 SEASON[/b]
Zeitler lettered as a true freshman.

[b]HIGH SCHOOL[/b]
Zeitler attended Wisconsin Lutheran (Milwaukee) High School, playing football for head coach Kirk Denoyer…Three-time letterman who moved into the starting lineup as a sophomore…Scout.com gave the blocker a three-star rating and placed him 22nd among the nation’s down linemen, and called him the fourth-best player in the state…Was a major reason for the Vikings ranking second in the state and 65th nationally during his first year as a starter, leading the squad to a 13-1 overall record en route to capturing the Wisconsin Little Ten title…As a junior, Zeitler earned first-team All-Region and All-Conference honors, adding second-team All-Area accolades in 2006, as he also received All-State honorable mention for the Vikings, who shared league championship honors…Chosen first-team All-State, All-Conference, Wisconsin Little Ten Lineman of the Year, All-Area and All-Region recognition in 2007, as the Vikings again recorded a 13-1 record to rank third in the state…Also lettered twice in wrestling and once in track-and-field…The National Honor Society member graduated with a 3.8 grade point average.

[b]PERSONAL[/b]
Kinesiology major…Son of Susan and William Zeitler...Signed his letter-of-intent to attend the University of Wisconsin on June 27th, 2007…Also received scholarship offers from Michigan, Minnesota and Purdue, in addition to drawing interest from Central Florida, Iowa, Miami, Michigan State and Northern Illinois…Resides in Waukesha, Wisconsin.

http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/Kevin-Zeitler/6872c3b8-cf27-4731-bfae-bcae68fb85a8

I dont hate the pick at all, I had him as the #2 G (#3 if you count Glenn as a G and not a T) I think he will fill a hole and fill it nicely, I just think DDD is better, and most analysts had him ranked better too. And before anyone starts in with the few guys who disagreed, be honest about it and know that your just doing that because DDD is a Steeler now[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"].[/color][/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]I'm happy with the pick, and want to see what we do with that extra 3rd now, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't that Chris Perry trade down uneasyness too. Let's hope this tradedown works out better.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1335536550' post='1123614']
I dont hate the pick at all, I had him as the #2 G (#3 if you count Glenn as a G and not a T) I think he will fill a hole and fill it nicely, I just think DDD is better, and most analysts had him ranked better too. And before anyone starts in with the few guys who disagreed, be honest about it and know that your just doing that because DDD is a Steeler now[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828].[/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I'm happy with the pick, and want to see what we do with that extra 3rd now, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't that Chris Perry trade down uneasyness too. Let's hope this tradedown works out better.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

DeCastro was a deserving No. 1 prospect. It didn't play out as him being a once in a life time guard.

It may work out that way but DeCastro was passed over and slid.

I dont hate the pick at all, I had him as the #2 G (#3 if you count Glenn as a G and not a T) I think he will fill a hole and fill it nicely, I just think [b]DDD[/b] is better, and most analysts had him ranked better too. And before anyone starts in with the few guys who disagreed, be honest about it and know that your just doing that because [b]DDD[/b] is a Steeler now[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828].[/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I'm happy with the pick, and want to see what we do with that extra 3rd now, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't that Chris Perry trade down uneasyness too. Let's hope this tradedown works out better.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

what does the third D stand for? :)

I just think [b]DDD[/b] is better, and most analysts had him ranked better too. And before anyone starts in with the few guys who disagreed, be honest about it and know that your just doing that because[b] DDD [/b]is a Steeler now[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828].[/color][/font]

[/quote]

COTTAM!!! (That means God Damn for those that don't get it) THAT'S PITIFUL THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN SPELL AN ABBREVIATION RIGHT!!!

[b]27 (27) Cincinnati Bengals (from Denver via New England via New Orleans): [/b][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Many teams had graded Zeitler slightly higher than Stanford's David DeCastro, including the Bengals. He is not an elite athlete, but he is smart, strong, tough and can allow Travelle Wharton to kick outside as a swing tackle if Andre Smith proves unreliable again. Zeitler has the makeup to start a long time in the league. [/size][/font][/color]

[url="http://cache.profootballweekly.com/2012/04/26/pick-by-pick-analysis-round-one-3"]http://cache.profoot...sis-round-one-3[/url]
[list]
[*]

[size=4][url="http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28514"]Kevin Zeitler[/url][/size]Wisconsin [size=3][center]OG[/center][/size]
[*]
[url="http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/cin/year/2012"]Cincinnati[/url]
[*]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif][size=2]from New Orleans through New England[/size][/font]
[/list][list]
[*][url="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7860884"][img]http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2012/0426/dm_120426_nfl_mcshay_zeitler.jpg[/img][/url]

[b] [url="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7860884"]Video Analysis[img]http://assets.espn.go.com/icons/watch.png[/img][/url][/b]

Todd McShay breaks down the Bengals' selection of Kevin Zeitler with the 27th pick in the 2012 NFL draft.
[*]

[b]What he brings:[/b] Zeitler's a very smart and physical football player who excels in the run game. He shows good awareness to identify targets when climbing to the second level and does a good job moving his feet to sustain as a run-blocker. Where he needs to show the most improvement is in pass protection, where he can do a better job of staying patient in his sets and shuffling his feet.

[b]How he fits:[/b] The Bengals lost both starting offensive guards from a year ago in free agency, Nate Livings and Mike McGlynn, and veteran Bobbie Williams is not likely back. That leaves UFA signee Travelle Wharton, Clint Boling and Jacob Bell as their candidates. But in this West Coast offense, they want to be very physical in their inside run game, and Zeitler gives them flexibility at OG and OC and gives them good depth inside.
[/list]
[url="http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/rounds?year=2012&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft%2frounds%3fyear%3d2012"]http://insider.espn....s%3fyear%3d2012[/url]

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1335537299' post='1123627']

I prefer David DeDouchebag
[/quote]

That works too. I am not opposed to either.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1335537362' post='1123628']

good thing you used pencil..... rg
[/quote]

:lol:

Archived