"The winners of the offseason."

I didn't get a chance to hear it, but Bill Polian was on with Alex Marves on Sirius a little while ago and called the Bengals "the winners of the offseason." with what they've done in the draft/free agency. Just a nice little tidbit I thought I'd pass along...

[QUOTE]Alex Marvez ‏ [url="https://twitter.com/#!/alexmarvez"]@alexmarvez[/url]
Bill Polian says #Bengals have done the best job of any team this offseason in the draft/free agency. "The winners of the offseason."[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dr Tarzan' timestamp='1335955500' post='1128115']
Sounds like the "kiss of death"....Eagles won the off-season last year and imploded. I hope it's not unanimous sentiment.
[/quote]

Please. Eagles "won" based on wild free agent spending, Bengals "win" is based on a far more measured free agent list of targets and a draft. I know which one looks like a better formula...

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1335956453' post='1128116']
Please. Eagles "won" based on wild free agent spending, Bengals "win" is based on a far more measured free agent list of targets and a draft. I know which one looks like a better formula...
[/quote]

Good post. Just curious...you from Memphis?

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1335956453' post='1128116']

[/quote]

I'd take the Bengals' approach, any day. Much better way to manage cap, etc.

[quote name='Memphis_Bengal' timestamp='1335963229' post='1128147']

Good post. Just curious...you from Memphis?
[/quote]

I lived there from 1998 - 2009. Came for law school and then stayed for first years of practice. my youngest was born at baptist womens hosp. wife and I uprooted in 2009 and I ended up in baltimore. kept my internet handles the same.

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1335970829' post='1128204']
I lived there from 1998 - 2009. Came for law school and then stayed for first years of practice. my youngest was born at baptist womens hosp. wife and I uprooted in 2009 and I ended up in baltimore. kept my internet handles the same.
[/quote]

ahh...very cool! Not many of us in Memphis so just checking :)

[quote name='saphead' timestamp='1335969728' post='1128198']
I'm on it. And my bawlsac is taking up 2 seats.
[/quote]

LOL!!!!!! I love the way the team is trending looking forward to this year as much as I did '06 (lets hope for better results).

I think we have done very well....if we had signed nicks over wharton i would definately say we had the best offseason.

That said i think tampa bay are the biggest winners this offseason. They had a really good draft and added jackson, nicks, wright (who they overpaid for), and okoye.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1335964257' post='1128157']
I'd take the Bengals' approach, any day. Much better way to manage cap, etc.
[/quote]

For what it's worth the Eagles have the most cap space in the NFL now that they've traded Asante Samuel.

I would love if they played this in the stadium when we dominate AFC North teams.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTEn_nlHfnU&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTEn_nlHfnU&feature=related[/url]

Starting at about 1:15 minutes in

Archived