Get rid of Marvin Lewis

Fans need to accept 2 things.

1. The Marvin Lewis Bengals will never win a playoff game. Just isn't going to happen.

2. Marvin Lewis is going nowhere.

When you accept those 2 things you start to not take this team as seriously. It helps alot.

Can't be letdown when you have no expectations.

Fans need to accept 2 things.

1. The Marvin Lewis Bengals will never win a playoff game. Just isn't going to happen.

2. Marvin Lewis is going nowhere.

When you accept those 2 things you start to not take this team as seriously. It helps alot.

Can't be letdown when you have no expectations.

I'm there now.  Been there for at least a year.  :)

Don't forget that Marvin and Co. have shown to be one of the best drafters in the NFL ... so it's unlikely he'd be let go.

20 other NFL cities would love to have even been in the playoffs ... and only about 6-8 coaches get fired per season.

So, Marvin's job is safe as long as they keep making the playoffs.

Don't forget that Marvin and Co. have shown to be one of the best drafters in the NFL ... so it's unlikely he'd be let go.

20 other NFL cities would love to have even been in the playoffs ... and only about 6-8 coaches get fired per season.

So, Marvin's job is safe as long as they keep making the playoffs.

What makes them the best drafters?

How many 1st rounders are major contributors and difference makers to this team? How many second rounders? How many third rounders?

Ill give you one hint- NOT MANY in comparison to how many player have  been drafted.

The "great drafting Marvin" is such a fucking farce it makes me want to tear my hair out

A coach who goes to 4 straight playoff appearances for a franchise that was in shambles for 12 years won't be fired .... the question becomes, should a QB who loses 4 straight still be your starter and awarded with a 100+ million dollar contract?

They should both go. I wish them success. Somewhere else.

What makes them the best drafters?

You don't make the playoffs 4 years in a row without hardly any free agents unless you are a good drafting team.

The Bengals get more hits than misses in comparison to the rest of the NFL. Their strength is drafting in the rounds 2-4 ... that is what sets them apart. This year they got one of the top 3 RB's in the league, and a starting center in Rd 2 and 4 ... They also drafted what some considered to be the best DT in the NFL in the 4th rd (Atkins).

A coach who goes to 4 straight playoff appearances for a franchise that was in shambles for 12 years won't be fired .... the question becomes, should a QB who loses 4 straight still be your starter and awarded with a 100+ million dollar contract?

Good contract guys dawwww

Cheer up.

Marvandy won't lose a playoff game next year.

Guarantee it.

They won't make the playoffs.

Bottom line... this team simply is not that good.

(and the coaching is even worse)

I think they have a good shot if they can stay healthier.  A lot of people thought we wouldn't make it this year and that was before all the injuries.

You don't make the playoffs 4 years in a row without hardly any free agents unless you are a good drafting team.

The Bengals get more hits than misses in comparison to the rest of the NFL. Their strength is drafting in the rounds 2-4 ... that is what sets them apart. This year they got one of the top 3 RB's in the league, and a starting center in Rd 2 and 4 ... They also drafted what some considered to be the best DT in the NFL in the 4th rd (Atkins).

Their strength is not in drafting in round 2 - the only decent but not great pick I can even think of Dunlap. Then two no-brainers of Hill and Bernard. Anyone could have drafted them. This team continually drafts projects in rounds 1-3 and it is fucking them big time. Round 1 and 2 should be opening day starters (with round one being a difference maker), and round 3 should be pretty close.

Their strength is not in drafting in round 2 - the only decent but not great pick I can even think of Dunlap. Then two no-brainers of Hill and Bernard. Anyone could have drafted them. This team continually drafts projects in rounds 1-3 and it is fucking them big time. Round 1 and 2 should be opening day starters (with round one being a difference maker), and round 3 should be pretty close.

They could stand o do better in round 3, but I'm happy with 1 and 2 the past few years.

Yesterday i was hoping and hoping i wouldnt see this thread i started, not that I have changed my mind, but just because i hoped we would win and it would be unnecessary 

Per reedy of all people:

#Bengals have now been outscored 84-13 in 2nd half of six playoff games under Lewis, 57-6 in last four and 33-0 in last two...

That's fucking sickening.

I was going to look this up and start a thread, I knew it had to be ugly, but didnt expect it to be that ugly

Per reedy of all people:

#Bengals have now been outscored 84-13 in 2nd half of six playoff games under Lewis, 57-6 in last four and 33-0 in last two...

This is undeniable proof that even tho this team has other issues that the #1 issue is coaching.

Per reedy of all people:

On average we were down only 2 in those games at half, at most we were down 7 and twice up 3

+3, -7, -7, -2, +3, -3, 

Archived