Takeo Spikes' top 5 linebackers, also gives props to Burfict

what off the field trouble? seriously because hes a Bengal he must have got into some trouble off the field.

yea that was pretty non-sensical.  Burfict doesn't have any off the field issues other than the failed drug test at the combine.  All of his stuff was on the field related.

what off the field trouble? seriously because hes a Bengal he must have got into some trouble off the field.

Agreed.  It is borderline slanderous the way they say vaguely he has "off-the-field troubles."  He was called for 17 personal fouls,  played poorly in his final season, free-lanced too much and didnt get along with his coaches in college.   Those are "on-the-field problem."  And that's why he went undrafted.  He doenst have off-the-field problems.  He has never been arrested.  

Agreed.  It is borderline slanderous the way they say vaguely he has "off-the-field troubles."  He was called for 17 personal fouls,  played poorly in his final season, free-lanced too much and didnt get along with his coaches in college.   Those are "on-the-field problem."  And that's why he went undrafted.  He doenst have off-the-field problems.  He has never been arrested.  

But he is on the Bengals. He has to have off field issues. ESPN said so.

The argument could be made that Burfict was still highly draftable until his combine/pro day implosion. After that, he was untouchable.

That's the only way 'off field trouble' makes sense. It's still 'on field' but outside of game... I would not have phrased it that way, but perhaps that's the intended meaning.

I know you guys are saying all this about
him talking about off the field issue
s, but you know what he meant. It's his personality problems. Personality problems are generally considered off the field problems whether they're on or off. Obviously it has been on field problems in college but I feel the media in general is just saying that with any form of character issues it is considered off field whether we like it or not. I am just happy that they are talking about Vontaze in the top 5. And I love hearing it from a former Bengal who may or may not feel discontent with us.

Sure, if he wants to sign a 1 day deal. No if he wants to be on the roster for a year.

Off topic comment but I saw where the Cravens cut Bobby Williams.

I would bring him back for something like that to have him retire as a Bengal.

As far as TKO... gone too long and pfffttt...

Also retirement related but Anthony Munoz retired here with a lot of fanfare

then re-signed with Wyche in Tampa Bay.  Injured, never played but I don't

think Mike Brown every forgave him.  

But Bobby for a day and retire.  Yeah, I'd do that.

For those of us who have NFL streaming blocked at work, what was the jist?

I watched it when it aired. It wasn't Top 5 linebackers, it was Top 5 linebackers on the rise.  LBs to watch. I can't remember the Top 5, but he gave Burfict an honorable mention. He could've just listed 5, but extended the list to get Burfict in. I didn't think much of it when he mentioned potential problems off field.  There were question marks that made him undrafted and there is still a chance of them re-surfacing.   Or maybe I'm just so jaded by Bengals players having a stigma with the media, it doesn't faze me.

I know you guys are saying all this about
him talking about off the field issue
s, but you know what he meant. It's his personality problems. Personality problems are generally considered off the field problems whether they're on or off. Obviously it has been on field problems in college but I feel the media in general is just saying that with any form of character issues it is considered off field whether we like it or not. I am just happy that they are talking about Vontaze in the top 5. And I love hearing it from a former Bengal who may or may not feel discontent with us.

Actually I don't know what he meant.    If he meant personaility problems then he should say personality problems.    IMO, it's a classic example of someone speaking on a subject based on a perception. 

Archived