Hints from Hard Knocks that Dalton is ready to take the next step?

No, I'm positive Dalton's response was "one of many". Zampese then seamed a little surprised and responded with the "one of many to come?"response then Dalton hesitated then replied "yeah".

verbatim:

Zampese: Hey andy, that was the smartest drive I've ever seen you drive

Dalton: well thank you, one of many.

Zampese: one of many to come.  (non-questioning)

Dalton:  that's right.

Really don't see what your issue is with it.

Lol I like Dalton alot but when I heard that I was just thinking I sure hope this gets brought up on the forum cause I was curious what you all thought about it. If I'm the only one that caught it then it must not have been as big of a deal as I thought.... If anything it seemed to me Dalton took it as an insult more than a complement.

Lol I like Dalton alot but when I heard that I was just thinking I sure hope this gets brought up on the forum cause I was curious what you all thought about it. If I'm the only one that caught it then it must not have been as big of a deal as I thought.... If anything it seemed to me Dalton took it as an insult more than a complement.

the entire conversation comes off light-hearted IMO.

Great Dalton and Zamp are fighting!  Dalton is a cancer!  

Personally..I heard from a little birdie that if Dalton doesn't get a contract extension next off-season, he is going to hold out..

Going to be a long one, next summer is..

I don't have a problem with vets holding as portions of their contracts are not gauranteed and they can be cut anytime.    I think Mike has a history of being fair to his QBs even guys that don't reach high levels of performance.

Although we don't need a holdout distracting the team from an attempted repeat.

Maybe Go would like Dalton more if he threatened to retire and never step foot in PBS again? 

True so very true, I supported palmer to the fullest when he was here but the bitch quit,andy has made the playoffs as many times as palmer and I think he will get us farther than carson ever did, he may not be the best qb in the league but he is the qb of my team so I support him

True so very true, I supported palmer to the fullest when he was here but the bitch quit,andy has made the playoffs as many times as palmer and I think he will get us farther than carson ever did, he may not be the best qb in the league but he is the qb of my team so I support him

Well said, though if dalton was throwing 15 td's and 20 int's a year I wouldn't support him.

Dalton has played better than I think anyone could have expected him to through the first 2 years of his career and anyone who thinks he hasn't done enough to this point isn't being very reasonable.

verbatim:

When I heard the above I was reminded of the recent breakdown Ron Jaworski did with Andy. Specifically, how a QB's 3rd season was his most important as it represents the earliest most QB's are capable of beating defenses pre-snap, said by Jaworski to be the determining factor when deciding which QB's continued to progress towards elite status.

Things like influencing or moving defenders rather than simply recognizing where they are. Checking to the right play at the last moment. Having the poise and patience needed to call a whole series of dummy calls just to see how the defense reacts. Or staying in a run formation while calling a silent audible for pass.

sounds like people are digging for reasons to feel good.

if the smartest drive you made in your career was in a preseason game against the titans .... *sigh*

You'll change your tune when he's shredding defenses with 5 - 12 yd passes!!!   And I see you've set off the Dalton Defenders (double D's) alert.....they flock.  

But there is one thing that should encourage you greatly about Dalton.....knowing he takes care of the little things.  Like flossing before a game, because that's what a QB's mind should be on before NFL games.....whether his smile will look nice during the times he has his mouthpiece out during games and the camera focuses on him.   I'm sure the great ones account for such things.  

You'll change your tune when he's shredding defenses with 5 - 12 yd passes!!!   And I see you've set off the Dalton Defenders (double D's) alert.....they flock.  

But there is one thing that should encourage you greatly about Dalton.....knowing he takes care of the little things.  Like flossing before a game, because that's what a QB's mind should be on before NFL games.....whether his smile will look nice during the times he has his mouthpiece out during games and the camera focuses on him.   I'm sure the great ones account for such things.  

Carson never flossed....that's why he was forced to stick a hot dog into his mouth when a camera got too close.

You have to realize that when scharm came to this thread and was one of the first to rip on go (after all the stuff he was doing in the other dalton thread) that you are on the wrong side of the argument. Has nothing to do with what you think about dalton but to come into a thread that is trying to be positive about our qb and rip him for no reason...

No reason for you to defend go in this case. This doesn't have to be an us vs a them thing. You are better than that man.

I feel like I remember your golden boy throwing the ball away on 4th down as his last play ever for the Bengals.  If that isn't some of the stupidest shit to ever take place in a football game I don't know what is.  Stop openly trolling your own site.

i'll never be convinced otherwise, that was carson palmer telling mike brown and the rest of the organization "fuck you".

i'll never be convinced otherwise, that was carson palmer telling mike brown and the rest of the organization "fuck you".

I don't know. Carson was pretty good at losing his awareness. It's certainly possible though.

verbatim:

Really don't see what your issue is with it.

This is exactly how I took it... as "what we have to look forward to"... not, "what I've done in the past".

Archived