!!!THE BENGALS @ BEARS GAME THREAD!!!

geno atkins disappeared..don't remember hearing his name at all

That was one thing I was really dissapointed in today.  I can only remember a few times I saw Geno disrupt the LoS and many where he was being stonewalled.  Call it double teams and what not, but that should lead to other DL getting a better opportunity on the pass rush, but it wasn't there at all.  Dunlap made a few good hurries, but a lot of times was getting stonewalled on his outside speed rush. 

I love rewarding our good players and I resigning them as much  as possible.  But these big contracts, and its weird to say, may have been a big distraction in the lead-up to this game with everything being on hard knocks and dunlap cheezing all over the place the day geno signed.  It's just a weird coincidence that this incredible defense laid down and wasn't prepared for this game, I think the hard knocks/geno extension gave these guys a bigger head then they should have, even with all the accolades they've received in the last few years.

That was one thing I was really dissapointed in today.  I can only remember a few times I saw Geno disrupt the LoS and many where he was being stonewalled.  Call it double teams and what not, but that should lead to other DL getting a better opportunity on the pass rush, but it wasn't there at all.  Dunlap made a few good hurries, but a lot of times was getting stonewalled on his outside speed rush. 

I love rewarding our good players and I resigning them as much  as possible.  But these big contracts, and its weird to say, may have been a big distraction in the lead-up to this game with everything being on hard knocks and dunlap cheezing all over the place the day geno signed.  It's just a weird coincidence that this incredible defense laid down and wasn't prepared for this game, I think the hard knocks/geno extension gave these guys a bigger head then they should have, even with all the accolades they've received in the last few years.

yeah that dunlap kid seemed to be everywhere today..those tight ends you guys got are going to frustrate teams as well

It's one game... not the end of the world. if it happens more, then it might be a problem.

The d-line is going to carry this team, it just didn't happen today.

I hope they rape big jen next week

Maulauga is suppose do take the guy through that Zone.  Iloka is supposed to clean up after the play.

The fact of the matter is Rey simply has his limitations.  And until this team makes a concerted effort to demand better than mediocrity from that position, he'll continue to be solid player - that gets beat like a drum whenever a team with good TE's and receiving RB's come after him.

looks like Bennett split them both in zone, Iloka wasn't in man.  Not sure Maualuga mis-timed his jump as much as he just doesn't have much of a vert.  If he jumped too early, it was a split second thing.  

BJE - if you take away that 10 yard run he rushed 13 times for 15 yards.... WHY DOES THIS GUY KEEP GETTING THE BULK OF THE CARRIES?!

Marvin loves his vets. Its the same reason underachieving guys like Thornton, Geathers, Cook, continue to play regardless of their play. BJGE is a bad ass when converting 3-1 or 4-1 but doesn't do much else. Bernard should get the bulk of the work against the Steelers.

BJGE will get the bulk of our carries until Gio proves he is stout enough to run block. You heard Marvin say this during Hard Knocks, I'm not sure why you are questioning it now.

Gio is a better runner than Law Firm right now (not that hard, and lol at all the people defending him last season...1000 yards!!111) but he isnt as good at blocking, he needs time to get his strength up.

BJGE will get the bulk of our carries until Gio proves he is stout enough to run block. You heard Marvin say this during Hard Knocks, I'm not sure why you are questioning it now.

Gio is a better runner than Law Firm right now (not that hard, and lol at all the people defending him last season...1000 yards!!111) but he isnt as good at blocking, he needs time to get his strength up.

yep.  The more Gio shows in pass blocking, the more snaps he'll get.  

looks like Bennett split them both in zone, Iloka wasn't in man.  Not sure Maualuga mis-timed his jump as much as he just doesn't have much of a vert.  If he jumped too early, it was a split second thing.  

I was just mentioning who was covering who. I still think he was Rey's guy through the zone. 

However, let me be clear that I think Rey did about as good a job as you can expect in coverage.  Frankly, Iloka also did everything you could ask of him.  That was simply a freak catch made by Bennet and sometimes you just get beat by good football plays.

What's disappointing about yesterday is that we didn't just get beat by football plays.  Mostly, we beat ourselves.

I was just mentioning who was covering who. I still think he was Rey's guy through the zone. 

However, let me be clear that I think Rey did about as good a job as you can expect in coverage.  Frankly, Iloka also did everything you could ask of him.  That was simply a freak catch made by Bennet and sometimes you just get beat by good football plays.

What's disappointing about yesterday is that we didn't just get beat by football plays.  Mostly, we beat ourselves.

yea hard to hate too much when both guys are in position and a 6'6" TE just outjumps you.  The Bengals just drafted a second one for that very reason.  

Archived