To the Marvin Haters (Disher)

I frequently take exception to ML's game day coaching.  He frequently abandons the rush game which drives me fucking nuts.  I did not see that today.  We did not run the ball as many times as I want but it's more difficult when you leave so many plays on the table with 4 turnovers.  His challenges usually leave a lot to be desired, both challenging when he should not, as well as not challenging when he should.  Today, however, his challenge won the game, so, kudos to Marvin today.

That being said, Rumble, referring to Marv as the greatest coach in our history is laughable on its face.

Props to Marvin for getting the challenge right this week and last. I feel like in years past he might of missed one.

In Marvin's defense, the truth is, that's not really something he's calling. He's relying on people somewhere else to tell him whether or not to throw.  I imagine whoever that was (Mike Brown :)?)is not the same person doing it lately.

The team kept trying and eked one out. I'm not sure this suddenly absolves Marvin from all of his bad traits just like a negative thing shouldn't make us ignore all the positive. In the end e team needs to be much more disciplined across end the board.

Its pretty obvious at this point marvin is who he is. He is obviously a player friendly coach as compared to a hardass coach like a belicheck or jim harbaugh or something. There are advantages and disadvantages to that. Advantages are that players like him, wanna play hard for him, etc. Disadvantages are that they tend to not be the best disciplined of teams and that hurts them.

Another thing about marvin is that he doesnt let his team get too up or too down. Disadvantage to that is that they dont always come out with a ton of emotion and fired up. Advantage to that is his guys to get too down and are able to make comebacks even when everything is going against them, like it was today at 30-14.

Last thing about marvin is he obviously isnt the best in game manager, but he is a good talent evaluator and our drafts have gotten a lot better over the years with him.

My main point is he is who he is. Time for those advantages to all finally play off and win some playoff games though.

I was the first person on the game thread to give ML the credit for that marvin jones td drive so the haters on here can lick my nuts along with marvin's. He is a very good coach and am glad we got him. That being said he has to win a playoff game this year and I'm sure he would agree.

Can't Cincy fans just enjoy the fact that WE WON THE GAME! Just for today. The criticism can wait til tomorrow.

Marvin did fine today. He certainly had nothing to do with 4 straight turnovers and the team, like all teams has someone in the both who will tell him to throw the red flag.

He does NOT call offensive plays so Gruden gets the blame for not running enough.

BTW, the fallback for the Colts is a beast and Kaepernick is getting his ass kicked trying the gimmick offense. RGIII looked great today too. The drop back QB is dead LOL.

What's your NFL coaching record, asshole?

What did he say that made him an asshole? You probably kicked your dog halfway through the game, you fucking asshole.

And its shocking to me that anyone wants a .500 team and is happy with a .500 team. Because thats what we've had. And thats what you want to preserve.

To everyone that isnt a grumpy ass redneck like oldcat...

ML had pro's and cons. To win this game was an amazing comeback, and our defense was certainly exceptional. THe problem is that for the VAST majority of the game, the offense did what Marvin Lewis' offenses do- they went up two score and mailed it in for the next 3 quarters of play. This happens ALL THE TIME. When is the last time this team has ever had multiple blowouts in one season, or absolutely dominated multiple teams in one season? It rarely, if ever happens- despite having as much or more talent as any team in the NFL. That is why the Bengals blow leads, lose games and end up at .500. Or come out flat for an entire first half and make a futile scramble to try to get back into the game. Its year after year after year.

To be a great team, this ENTIRE team has to play great. And this team, with all its talent, is still teetering on a loss every single week. They'll never make win a Superbowl unless they can learn to win all three phases of a game in most games. Criticizing Marvin is not a negative- its out of desperation that this team can finally reach its potential. And if he cant take it to its full potential then they need to find someone who can ASAP before the window closes.

Marvin did fine today. He certainly had nothing to do with 4 straight turnovers and the team, like all teams has someone in the both who will tell him to throw the red flag.

He does NOT call offensive plays so Gruden gets the blame for not running enough.

BTW, the fallback for the Colts is a beast and Kaepernick is getting his ass kicked trying the gimmick offense. RGIII looked great today too. The drop back QB is dead LOL.

Yeah, the guy the Bengals SHOULD have taken ahead of Dalton has been beaten 56-10 in the last two weeks.  Idiot Bengals!  Mike Brown is the devil!

I'd love to hear ANY coach we could have hired in the past few seasons that would have been an upgrade over ML. 

It funny how Tom Coughlin was a genius when the Giants were playing well in years past ...

and now at 0-3 after being blown out by the Panthers 38-0 he doesn't look so bright.

Coaches get overblamed and overpraised for game day occurrences. Where a coach earns his money (on a team without a GM) is in (1) putting a roster together through FA and the draft, (2) getting good coordinators in place, (3) executing a general team philosophy to make the playoffs more often times than not. On all 3 Marvin is well above average.

What did he say that made him an asshole? You probably kicked your dog halfway through the game, you fucking asshole.

And its shocking to me that anyone wants a .500 team and is happy with a .500 team. Because thats what we've had. And thats what you want to preserve.

To everyone that isnt a grumpy ass redneck like oldcat...

ML had pro's and cons. To win this game was an amazing comeback, and our defense was certainly exceptional. THe problem is that for the VAST majority of the game, the offense did what Marvin Lewis' offenses do- they went up two score and mailed it in for the next 3 quarters of play. This happens ALL THE TIME. When is the last time this team has ever had multiple blowouts in one season, or absolutely dominated multiple teams in one season? It rarely, if ever happens- despite having as much or more talent as any team in the NFL. That is why the Bengals blow leads, lose games and end up at .500. Or come out flat for an entire first half and make a futile scramble to try to get back into the game. Its year after year after year.

To be a great team, this ENTIRE team has to play great. And this team, with all its talent, is still teetering on a loss every single week. They'll never make win a Superbowl unless they can learn to win all three phases of a game in most games. Criticizing Marvin is not a negative- its out of desperation that this team can finally reach its potential. And if he cant take it to its full potential then they need to find someone who can ASAP before the window closes.

so why exactly is Marvin getting the blame for Gruden's play calling or for Dalton, BJGE (ye of 3 career fumbles), and Gresham committing turnovers?

How about Last Year?  Blew out Giants, Chiefs, Raiders, Jax, Eagles...

Yeah I did see that. I have these amazing things called eyes. Have another beer

that's the way it "looked" to me too, but to say you know with certainty that call would be overturned is total bullshit. you can puff your chest out all you want about how right you think your eyes were. the point i was making is marvin gets 2nd guessed and trashed in a lot of times in those "throw the flag" situations, when in reality, it's a decision that's made by coaches up in the booth with multiple viewing angles and replay ability. i've personally thought a number of times i knew exactly how a play SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED, only to find out later a better view of the play showed a different outcome, and that i was in fact wrong.

i have the ability to admit that.

Tired of the holier than thou "fire everyone who has ever made a mistake in a decade" bullshit.  This being after a big win just made it more stupid than usual.  Sorry if you guys can't take it.  

He didn't say a word about firing anybody...he said Marv has to prove he can win a playoff game and since we backed in the last two years, his point is valid.  You have shown me a complete douche bag asshole in this thread...I hope you can take it dickhead.

so why exactly is Marvin getting the blame for Gruden's play calling or for Dalton, BJGE (ye of 3 career fumbles), and Gresham committing turnovers?

Shit flows uphill. Thats the way it works in any organization.

I'm not talking specifically about this game, and the only reason I am criticizing ML after this win is because thats exactly what this thread was asking for. And I'm talking about a sum of all the years Marvin has been here. Hopefully, ultimately this is the year where everything changes. but it hasnt so far. It costed us the Bears game, the Stealers game was good but probably closer than it should have been, and we gave up 30 freakin points IN A ROW today. Its amazing to have won this game- but frankly I dont have any less doubts about Marvins ability to get us to a SuperBowl than I have during any other year. He just seems completely incapable of getting the team over the hump- having the team playing well enough to get a playoff win (at least) and into the SB. And if other people dont have this concern, then they dont have the kind of expectations normal fans have and are just beaten down into mediocrity acceptance.

that's the way it "looked" to me too, but to say you know with certainty that call would be overturned is total bullshit. you can puff your chest out all you want about how right you think your eyes were. the point i was making is marvin gets 2nd guessed and trashed in a lot of times in those "throw the flag" situations, when in reality, it's a decision that's made by coaches up in the booth with multiple viewing angles and replay ability. i've personally thought a number of times i knew exactly how a play SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED, only to find out later a better view of the play showed a different outcome, and that i was in fact wrong.

i have the ability to admit that.

Lol. Omg dude ur posts on this are really bizarre.
Yeah my chest is puffed and I'm pounding it. Lol.
Dude I had a house full watching from my crib and I called it before replay. U dont buy that ? Cool. Who gives a shit.
More dudes in this board saw the same. Smh

Archived