Running game

Andy was, int apart, solid.

Going for it on 4th and goal

Bad :

Offside penalties

Refereeing in general

Hanging in there.

Ugly :

The members of this forum who appear as soon as a slightly dodgy play happens to whine and complain like the bitches they are. Fuck you.

Turnovers continue to be our biggest issue, whether it is Andy making shitty throws or our RB's, TE's, and WR's not using two hands to protect the ball.

Also, some of the decisions by Marvin and Jay are baffling.

Even with a banged up secondary that defense is incredible.

Good :

D

Running game

Andy was, int apart, solid.

Going for it on 4th and goal

Bad :

Offside penalties

Refereeing in general

Hanging in there.

Ugly :

The members of this forum who appear as soon as a slightly dodgy play happens to whine and complain like the bitches they are. Fuck you.

Why don't you stop complaining about other peoples opinion.  You sound like just as whiny of a bitch as those you are preaching to on your soap box. :20:   Get another 10 years of bad bengals teams under your belt and then you can talk. 

Oh and by the way, nobody wants to see your pasty white ass in your avatar...finally got that off my chest, phewww.

Good:
D-Line getting pressure
Zimmer calling a flawless game
Andy on the TD drive
Pacman game saving tackle and int in final minute

Bad:
Andy int in the redzone
Gio fumble
Pacman in coverage (Dobson owned him)
Marvin's use of 2nd half timeouts

Ugly:
Pre-snap penalties
Gruden's blind hatred for the run game
AJ quitting on the overthrown deep ball
Marvin's decision not to take a shot at the end of the first half with 3 timeouts.

Ugly:  good lord the announcers were bad.  I don't normally mind Dierdorf, but that's as "anti-Bengals" of announcing as I've ever seen.

Great:  D played great outside of maybe 5 total plays, and did it without 2 starters.  

Good:  Gio played well outside of the fumble

Dalton had a nice bounceback game.  Bad decision not to throw it away on the INT, but other than that. He played well.  7 incompletions and 3 of them were drops.  2 were bad passes, 1 was the INT, and drawing a blank on the last.  

BJGE had a nice game, as did the oline run blocking

Bad:  still not happy with Gruden.  6 straight runs to start the game.  11 of the first 15 plays of the second half were passes.  No passes to a receiver until halfway through the second quarter (yes part of that is on Dalton, but there should also be designed plays to get Green, etc... the ball).  

There's still no balance within drives and little by the way of designed plays to get specific guys balls.

how the F do people say Andy was solid? Those numbers might seem ok but look at the score board? 6 points last week and 13 points this week? With this defense that keeps getting the ball back to Andy you'd think we would score more.

Defend Andy all you want but he fails in my book.

DId we watch the same game? Andy was accurate all day long, he had a total of two bad throws on the INT and the overthrow in the end zone - plus he made some really crucial yardage with his feet. Or did you forget that points are a team stat too?

Good
- other than a terrible INT decision - and that was huge - Andy played well. He was on target and made some plays with his feet, too.
- backs ran hard all day
- Eifert had his best game
- defense was really outstanding. Other than a few WTF plays by Adam Jones, he redeemed himself with the PBU in the end zone and INT
- huge punt by Huber near the end of the 4Q
- Nugent kicked well
- Dingleberry, Dunlap, and Hunt were pretty solid. Hunt was active... No moves on the pass rush, but he was bull rushingwith some effectiveness

Bad
- Gio fumble
- OL pass pro, at times

Ugly
- dumb-ass penalties on D
- Andy INT - should have had at least 3 there

DId we watch the same game? Andy was accurate all day long, he had a total of two bad throws on the INT and the overthrow in the end zone - plus he made some really crucial yardage with his feet. Or did you forget that points are a team stat too?

I watched the same game but Dalton isn't taking us anywhere. Def will carry this team most of the way but when the Def will need the Off to do something in the playoffs, it wont be there cuz we accept Andy with his 20/27 with 0 TDs  1 INT.

yea, and to be clear the INT was a bad decision more than a bad throw.  

It was absolutely a horrible decision not to throw it away.  You never throw across your body into the middle of the field.

That said, the actual INT happened because Dalton and Eifert weren't on the same page.  If you watch the aerial view and the Dalton/Gruden convo, Dalton expected Eifert to keep running and cross in front of the LB who made the INT, Hightower.    Dalton threw it to a spot Eifert never went to. That's not to say Eifert did anything wrong, just that they weren't on the same page. You absolutely don't throw that unless you know for sure what Eifert is gonna do.  Just throw it away.  It was only 2nd down.

yea, and to be clear the INT was a bad decision more than a bad throw.  

It was absolutely a horrible decision not to throw it away.  You never throw across your body into the middle of the field.

That said, the actual INT happened because Dalton and Eifert weren't on the same page.  If you watch the aerial view and the Dalton/Gruden convo, Dalton expected Eifert to keep running and cross in front of the LB who made the INT, Hightower.    Dalton threw it to a spot Eifert never went to. That's not to say Eifert did anything wrong, just that they weren't on the same page. You absolutely don't throw that unless you know for sure what Eifert is gonna do.

I noticed that, it looked like he initially did not throw it because Eifert broke back inside instead of continuing to the sideline (where he was wide open). 

As far as I'm concerned, the OLine is issue #1 on this team right now. Shore that up, and we can appraise anything else.

That said, it was noticeably how much better our offense was when our playcalling started getting a little more agressive and going after the middle of the defense.

I watched the same game but Dalton isn't taking us anywhere. Def will carry this team most of the way but when the Def will need the Off to do something in the playoffs, it wont be there cuz we accept Andy with his 20/27 with 0 TDs  1 INT.

I mean... OK, but Mr. Hall of Fame Brady did way less to help his team win today than Andy Dalton did.

Why don't you stop complaining about other peoples opinion.  You sound like just as whiny of a bitch as those you are preaching to on your soap box. :20:   Get another 10 years of bad bengals teams under your belt and then you can talk. 

Oh and by the way, nobody wants to see your pasty white ass in your avatar...finally got that off my chest, phewww.

You must be one of the whiny asses!

Archived