The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - Patriots

As far as I'm concerned, the OLine is issue #1 on this team right now. Shore that up, and we can appraise anything else.

That said, it was noticeably how much better our offense was when our playcalling started getting a little more agressive and going after the middle of the defense.

yea the offense got noticeably better once they actively started getting the receivers involved.  I get wanting to get the TE's involved early, but you don't ever go 1 1/2 quarters without throwing it to AJ Green, let alone the ENTIRE WR corp all together.  

The offense moved the ball well today.  370yds of total offense, but they have to get their redzone issues fixed.  Their last 6 trips inside the opponent's 25 (yes I know redzone is inside the 20), they only have 16 points to show for it.

The other WRs need to win more matchups, IMO. Sanu and Jones had - what, one catch each? I thought the TEs did some good things, but AJ was held in check by a CB who is playing as well as any CB in the league right now, and the Pats have been playing great defense all year.

Dalton made one terrible decision on the INT - one I'm sure he'd like to have back, but what else did he do wrong today? They had almost 400 yards of offense. He was 20/27, and there were a few drops in there - BJGE and Bernard.

Not sure I get the hate. This was a 4-0 team they beat today, and the QB had a solid game.

The other WRs need to win more matchups, IMO. Sanu and Jones had - what, one catch each? I thought the TEs did some good things, but AJ was held in check by a CB who is playing as well as any CB in the league right now, and the Pats have been playing great defense all year.
Dalton made one terrible decision on the INT - one I'm sure he'd like to have back, but what else did he do wrong today? They had almost 400 yards of offense. He was 20/27, and there were a few drops in there - BJGE and Bernard.
Not sure I get the hate. This was a 4-0 team they beat today, and the QB had a solid game.

Agreed. I really enjoyed that they didn't get away from the run game.

yea Gruden needs to be designing plays (outside of just the reverse to jones) to get these guys the ball.  5 combined touches between Jones and Sanu today.  

I mentioned it after last week's game.  If you run 35 pass plays, 18-20 of them should be designed to get the ball into a specific receivers' hands, using everyone else as decoys.  Other teams scheme receivers open.  Gruden rarely does it seems.

Why don't you stop complaining about other peoples opinion.  You sound like just as whiny of a bitch as those you are preaching to on your soap box. :20:   Get another 10 years of bad bengals teams under your belt and then you can talk. 

Oh and by the way, nobody wants to see your pasty white ass in your avatar...finally got that off my chest, phewww.

Sorry that supporting the Bengals for 27 years IN FUCKING ENGLAND isn't enough for you. Oh wait, no I'm not. Fuck you. I've earnt my stripes.

I also noticed a HUGE difference in the run game with Gio in there as opposed to BJGE. That fumble was bad and got him in the doghouse I'm sure, but Gio just makes things happen no matter where they run him. This dude is gonna terrorize the league for a long time.

lol my wife and kids had a party today so missed most of the game.  The Bengals took the lead shortly after they left.

They LITERALLY walked in the door 3 seconds before the Gio fumble.  

Who cares about Brady. At this time he doesn't have much around him anyway.

The point being is that a lot of posters around here love to shit all over Dalton when he doesn't make his supporting cast look better - and they often point to Brady as being the guy who does this all the time. Today they went head-to-head and it was Dalton who made more things happen to help his team win the game.

lol my wife and kids had a party today so missed most of the game.  The Bengals took the lead shortly after they left.

They LITERALLY walked in the door 3 seconds before the Gio fumble.  

They are to be locked in the garage during games going forward...

It looked like Hunt was pretty active on the edge.  He clearly was pressuring

the pocket. He has the look of being a pretty good player down the line.  Was

surprised to see him play as much though.

I was surprised Hunt didn't get a sack, he was completely overpowering his man on most of his snaps. Dude is going to be really good.

how the F do people say Andy was solid? Those numbers might seem ok but look at the score board? 6 points last week and 13 points this week? With this defense that keeps getting the ball back to Andy you'd think we would score more.

Defend Andy all you want but he fails in my book.

Quite honestly, after the Cleveland game, I think expectations for Andy have been reset.  Coming into this third year most expected him to take another step up, but now we're starting to see the type of QB he is.  He's not a playmaker, which is ok as long as the Bengals don't try to do something with him that he can't do.  There are enough playmakers on offense and the defense is good enough that if Andy doesn't make many mistakes, we have a chance to win.  He did that for the most part today.  Not to mention he had a great throw to Marvin Jones on a 3rd down to get us out of the shadow of our own end zone.  

Quite honestly, after the Cleveland game, I think expectations for Andy have been reset.  Coming into this third year most expected him to take another step up, but now we're starting to see the type of QB he is.  He's not a playmaker, which is ok as long as the Bengals don't try to do something with him that he can't do.  There are enough playmakers on offense and the defense is good enough that if Andy doesn't make many mistakes, we have a chance to win.  He did that for the most part today.  Not to mention he had a great throw to Marvin Jones on a 3rd down to get us out of the shadow of our own end zone.  

I don't know that you can say all of that yet. What we can say is that he's streaky. But beyond that basic fact, the play of the O-Line has been so poor that you can't evaluate much else after that.

I don't know that you can say all of that yet. What we can say is that he's streaky. But beyond that basic fact, the play of the O-Line has been so poor that you can't evaluate much else after that.

That's fair, the offensive line hasn't been very good.  At the same time, when he does have time he should be expected to complete passes like he did today.  

I disagree that he's peaked. Statistically he has improved from 2012 and he is doing things that we haven't seen him do, especially working off the pump fake - he hasn't done that in the last two games so people haven't noticed it. His strength has always been his accuracy in the short to medium game that is supposed to be our bread and butter, and he has gotten better in doing that. 

His deep game does leave something to be desired, we all know that. But I'd rather him perfect what he's good at, which we seem to be witnessing. Dude has been above 70% passing in 3/5 games.

Good: In five weeks, the Bengals have defeated the Steelers, Packers, and Patriots.

I don't care how shitty any of those teams are. We don't get to say that very often...

That's pretty fucking awesome right!

Archived