Dalton for Cousins?

Dalton for Cousins  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you make the trade?

• Yes
    • No
    • Screw both, lets draft a QB

This thread was started based on a question I was asked by a friend. Turns out he read the yahoo piece and asked me. Had i known yahoo did a piece on this i wouldn't have posted the question. No one is suggesting there is any merit to the question or the article, it was just thrown out there to spark debate, you know... The kind of thing you do on a forum. Some of you need to chill the fuck out. Its just a question, a feeler.

There are more teams that would want Cousins at this point than Dalton. I think it's pretty obvious.

Because cousins could be the next aaron rodgers, he could also be the next (insert garbage qb here). Chances he is aaron rodgers might be as good as 1 out of 100, chances he is garbage probably 4/5. With dalton you know what you have. A better than average qb whom hopefully with a better oc and an incredibly talented team around him could possibly take you deep into the playoffs.

One thing I certainly agree with is qb competition on this team has to be better in august. I don't care if it's through free agency or a mid round draft pick. We can't let AD feel his starting job is safe next season like he did this one.

This thread was started based on a question I was asked by a friend. Turns out he read the yahoo piece and asked me. Had i known yahoo did a piece on this i wouldn't have posted the question. No one is suggesting there is any merit to the question or the article, it was just thrown out there to spark debate, you know... The kind of thing you do on a forum. Some of you need to chill the fuck out. Its just a question, a feeler.

Sorry, it wasn't necessarily directed at you. 

It's just the plethora of dump/keep Dalton threads.

He's the QB at least 1 more year.

Sorry, it wasn't necessarily directed at you. 

It's just the plethora of dump/keep Dalton threads.

He's the QB at least 1 more year.

Im one of Daltons biggest supporters, but I think we know what he is and what he isnt. The unknown Cousins brings to the table (along with the hype) make him interesting.

Im curious to see how much the offense changes with Hue calling the shots

I thought this was a hypothetical type situation. I completely agree but I think he will fall on his face again next year and be gone. I sincerely hope we don't offer him an extension this offseason. He is just a very limited QB. Doesn't have great arm strength and doesn't make good decisions especially in big games. I hope you are right and he improves, I am an Andy Dalton fan because he is gutty and does so much without a great skillset. But I think there is an easy upgrade out there. Especially for a team with a big play jump ball receiver, solid running game and great defense. All you need to do is move chains and don't make mistakes.

my ass you are. you were making arguments during the year that it was a good idea to unload him and hire michael vick instead.

when you try to straddle both sides of the fence, your balls are subject to getting hung up on the barb wire.

my ass you are. you were making arguments during the year that it was a good idea to unload him and hire michael vick instead.

when you try to straddle both sides of the fence, your balls are subject to getting hung up on the barb wire.

its good comedy at this point.

MichaelWeston, on 05 Jan 2014 - 4:25 PM, said:

Andy Dalton's horrible. 

In eight career games, Cousins is: 114 for 203 56.2% 1,320 YDS 8 TD 10 INT 68.6 QB rating

Yeah, but his OC called a terrible game because he sucks and his WR dropped balls and didn't give effort and his OLine sucks.   :ninja:

Actually....this isn't too far off in Washington. 

Developed concepts are not possible to some on this board.

1. I dont expect Andy Dalton to improve so much so that I think he has to go.

2. I hope I am wrong because I like how gutty he is and I expect him to be our QB next year.

3. I proposed the idea about Vick simply to see what people thought at the time I had done no research at all and just thought he was the highest rated likely QB, still is....

4. Now I actually want Vick. I think Vick is the best option for this team right now. Vick and a draft pick. Vicks numbers are pretty good over the past years, he has a cannon for an arm, is a solid runner still and a veteran. This team is a rock everywhere and he would be a very solid bridge to another QB. I think he is the only guy in the league who is reasonable to get and wouldn't be a dropoff from Dalton for a playoff team. He would extend drives with his legs and never underthrow AJ Green. I would worry about his accuracy.

Developed concepts are not possible to some on this board.

1. I dont expect Andy Dalton to improve so much so that I think he has to go.

2. I hope I am wrong because I like how gutty he is and I expect him to be our QB next year.

3. I proposed the idea about Vick simply to see what people thought at the time I had done no research at all and just thought he was the highest rated likely QB, still is....

4. Now I actually want Vick. I think Vick is the best option for this team right now. Vick and a draft pick. Vicks numbers are pretty good over the past years, he has a cannon for an arm, is a solid runner still and a veteran. This team is a rock everywhere and he would be a very solid bridge to another QB. I think he is the only guy in the league who is reasonable to get and wouldn't be a dropoff from Dalton for a playoff team. He would extend drives with his legs and never underthrow AJ Green. I would worry about his accuracy.

Vick has been worse than Dalton the past 3 years.  And he's only had 1 season as a full time starter that could be considered better than Dalton.

He has completed more than 60% of his passes 1 year.  He has never had more than 21 TD passes in a season.

Vick has been worse than Dalton the past 3 years.  And he's only had 1 season as a full time starter that could be considered better than Dalton.

He has completed more than 60% of his passes 1 year.  He has never had more than 21 TD passes in a season.

I am not worried about completion percentage. What I am more concerned with is first downs and underthrowing AJ Green.

Why does every Dalton thread have to become such a war? Its completely plausible an Andy Dalton supporter/fan be intrigued by the idea of a guy like Cousins coming here. Its impossible to have a healthy or even fun debate around here these days. At no point was it suggested the Bengals do this, it was PURELY HYPOTHETICAL. Hell the only stat listed was their salaries for the upcoming season. Some of you need to get over yourselves and remove the thornbush from your vaginas. Lighten the fuck up!

Archived