Dalton for Cousins?

Dalton for Cousins  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you make the trade?

• Yes
    • No
    • Screw both, lets draft a QB

Part of it is the trolling. I wish folks would ignore the obvious trollers.

People keep saying the idea of Mike Vick is so outlandish it's trolling. I really question if those people really have been paying attention to Mike Vick at all. That makes no sense. This staff liked Vick alot and I could see them pursuing him again. In this scenario the only way I really see it right now is if Vick looks around and sees no starter role, then comes here to back up Dalton because he views Dalton as being less likely to succeed then Foles.

...if Vick looks around and sees no starter role, then comes here to back up Dalton...

How can you even pretend that's what you meant earlier?

Michael Vick coming here to replace Josh Johnson would be great. It's not going to happen, but whatever. Great. Greater would be drafting a guy with upside and coaching him up.

Shitcanning a 3rd year quarterback with a 30-18 record for a guy that can't stay healthy and whose best years are 10 years behind him? I stand by my statement. That's fucking retarded.

How can you even pretend that's what you meant earlier?

Michael Vick coming here to replace Josh Johnson would be great. It's not going to happen, but whatever. Great. Greater would be drafting a guy with upside and coaching him up.

Shitcanning a 3rd year quarterback with a 30-18 record for a guy that can't stay healthy and whose best years are 10 years behind him? I stand by my statement. That's fucking retarded.

I didn't. You can't read. I want Mike Vick as QB here. I think he is better than Andy Dalton for this team. I think the team doesn't support Andy Dalton even if they say they do publicly. Chris Crocker's comments were a window into that. I think they wonder "How far could we go if we had a better QB?". I think Mike Vick is the only reasonable guy who could (maybe based off previous play) alleviate that doubt in the players minds for the 2014 year. I think when plays break down Mike Vick gets first down with his feet. First downs are really important when you have a great defense. I think that Mike Vick has a cannon arm that would go very well with AJ Green. I think that we lose games because of Andy Dalton and that a QB with a strong arm and the ability to get first downs would be ideal. I understand the doubt in Mike Vick. He would be a very short term answer. I think we have a small window and he would allow us the best chance for success in that window.

I didn't. You can't read. I want Mike Vick as QB here. I think he is better than Andy Dalton for this team. I think the team doesn't support Andy Dalton even if they say they do publicly. Chris Crocker's comments were a window into that. I think they wonder "How far could we go if we had a better QB?". I think Mike Vick is the only reasonable guy who could (maybe based off previous play) alleviate that doubt in the players minds for the 2014 year. I think when plays break down Mike Vick gets first down with his feet. First downs are really important when you have a great defense. I think that Mike Vick has a cannon arm that would go very well with AJ Green. I think that we lose games because of Andy Dalton and that a QB with a strong arm and the ability to get first downs would be ideal. I understand the doubt in Mike Vick. He would be a very short term answer. I think we have a small window and he would allow us the best chance for success in that window.

Certified troll

This thread was started based on a question I was asked by a friend. Turns out he read the yahoo piece and asked me. Had i known yahoo did a piece on this i wouldn't have posted the question. No one is suggesting there is any merit to the question or the article, it was just thrown out there to spark debate, you know... The kind of thing you do on a forum. Some of you need to chill the fuck out. Its just a question, a feeler.

Nasty, I wasn't directing any of my comments at you.  I read the Yahoo piece and understood where the question came from.  The guy is a moron and probably a Redskins fan that stupidly believes Mike Brown is the Ohio version of Al Davis.

Ha! So let's see, that eliminates Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Russel Wilson, all of whom are shorter.  Oh yeah, and Michael Vick. Phew.

Those guys are posers and are only good because of their oline and defense.

how about Brett Favre?

This cracks me up. Vick just played solidly this year, was a starter in the league and will be the top Free Agent in football at the QB position. Is he perfect? No. He just has to get first downs and not throw picks. That's it. Vick seems like a perfect fit with both Marvin and Hue.

This cracks me up. Vick just played solidly this year, was a starter in the league and will be the top Free Agent in football at the QB position. Is he perfect? No. He just has to get first downs and not throw picks. That's it. Vick seems like a perfect fit with both Marvin and Hue.

Vick has a lifetime 56.2% completion rate.  Now if he had spent his career in New Orleans when I lived there during the Archie Manning era, I would call this decent.  However, he played for some pretty decent teams and this completion rate is GOD AWFUL.  Guy has never been an accurate passer and the truth is he gets rattled too easily and lets bad plays and bad games affect future play.   I will pass. 

Vick reminds me of Akille Smith to be honest.  I actually watched Akille start off games and play very well.  Problem was if he threw an int or fumbled the ball he would absolutely go to shit for the rest of the game.  Guy had zero ability to forget a bad play, a horrible trait for a QB.

Vick will be 34 before the season starts. He is hurt every year and really isn't that good. Philly sucked ass last year until he got hurt and they brought Foles in. He is also a turnover machine.. Yea Andy has issues too, but he is already here and ten years younger..

Vick...GMAFB...

He was 54% had 5 td's, 3 int's and 3 fumbles in seven games last year.. That is NOT really that solid.

Vick played objectively worse than Dalton this year. He's not and never has been a good passer and he can't stay healthy. His INT rate is also way higher than Dalton's, and he had 1 less fumble in 7 games than Dalton had in 17. 

I get that you want to look at options apart from Dalton. But Mike Vick is one of the worst trees to be barking up right now. He's a more effective Josh Johnson at this point in his career, and if he actually came here he'd be a backup.

Archived