With the 164th Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Bengals Select AJ McCarron, QB Alabama!!

I just reported what Schefter said.....one says one thing, the other something different.   What's the truth?  Neither of us know. 

also worth noting that ESPN is billing the pick as a QB controversy, and NFL Network is talking about how it's Dalton's job and there is no controversy.

also worth noting that ESPN is billing the pick as a QB controversy, and NFL Network is talking about how it's Dalton's job and there is no controversy.

McCarron isn't even guaranteed to make the team.  I guess the error is mine, watching ESPN.  

I'm actually drafted out...have a basketball tournament today so will be a nice break....I'll come home tonight to see what happened. 

Marvin has said yesterday or the day before about how there can't be QB competition.  There isn't enough reps and it isn't fair to the other players.  So he will pick one or the other as the starter.  This will be Dalton this year.   And it gives us some breathing room next year, if AD outprices himself.  If not, we have a non-zero backup for the next three years.

And a reality show apparently.

I guess we were past due to get a Tebow of our very own.

its apparently just Webb's reality show, which he'll pop in and out of since they're engaged.  He's not really involved.

I don't know that it even got picked up by any tv station.

Interesting split there. I'm usually confident in Shefter, but it's surprising to see the big divide there in coverage.

I don't see how we possibly could have.  If we wanted Bridgewater, we would have just picked him at 24.  Trading down an entire round takes too many players away from our draft.

And a reality show apparently.

I guess we were past due to get a Tebow of our very own.

No such thing as bad publicity, amiright?

Invite Taze over for dinner.

Interesting split there. I'm usually confident in Shefter, but it's surprising to see the big divide there in coverage.

I've always thought of him as the insider most likely to get duped

Archived