2014-15 TV Season

Go Skins

And I thought the guy playing Penguin was creepy.

Holy shit.

Where do they find these guys?  An actual asylum?

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I know the head writer/producer the other day said that this kid isn't necessarily The Joker, but rather the beginning of The Joker story. He reiterated that with the history of the character, The Joker is never around until AFTER Batman exists.  

I wouldn't put much into the TV promo.  TV promos are done by the networks, not the shows themselves.  ABC used to be notorious for making misleading tv promos and they took a lot of flack for it from fans, as well as the writers of their own shows.  Particularly Lost and Alias.

The writers originally said they'd present half a dozen or so "possible Jokers" throughout season 1 to tease the audience and keep them guessing as to who would ultimately become him. They've admitted they've sped up their timetable a bit to appease fans, but I imagine they're going to keep people guessing for quite awhile.

Again, I haven't seen the episode, but I wouldn't trust the tv promo saying that this kid is the joker just yet.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I know the head writer/producer the other day said that this kid isn't necessarily The Joker, but rather the beginning of The Joker story. He reiterated that with the history of the character, The Joker is never around until AFTER Batman exists.  

I wouldn't put much into the TV promo.  TV promos are done by the networks, not the shows themselves.  ABC used to be notorious for making misleading tv promos and they took a lot of flack for it from fans, as well as the writers of their own shows.  Particularly Lost and Alias.

The writers originally said they'd present half a dozen or so "possible Jokers" throughout season 1 to tease the audience and keep them guessing as to who would ultimately become him. They've admitted they've sped up their timetable a bit to appease fans, but I imagine they're going to keep people guessing for quite awhile.

Again, I haven't seen the episode, but I wouldn't trust the tv promo saying that this kid is the joker just yet.

I thought they said that they would be hinting at different possibilities leading up to this episode and that they would introduce him in this one?

I thought they said that they would be hinting at different possibilities leading up to this episode and that they would introduce him in this one?

It was originally supposed to be a full season thing with many possible suspects who could be the future Joker that would be revealed in future seasons. There's even a theory out there that it could be Cobblepott but they've since debunked that one.

Going by the interview I read the other day, they still intend to keep it under wraps until future seasons. They've just sped up some of the teasing.

Peaky Blinders anyone?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Highly recommended for everyone.

Have you (anyone) caught Ripper Street on Netflix?

Another fantastic BBC period piece with a stupid name that

will turn most people off and away.

But Peaky Blinders and Ripper Street are two of the best things

I have ever seen on the tube.

I also like Freaks and Geeks.  So sad it was cancelled unexpectedly

after two seasons.

Young James Franco, Seth Rogan and Jason Segal.

Also the guy who plays Sweets in Bones as a little kid.

p.s.  if you did/do watch, the episode where Sam replaces the injured

school mascot, the kid who plays the injured former mascot is

a very young Shia LaBeouf

Two more...

Better Call Saul...  I think that is the emperor's new clothes of TV... gotta say it...

I don't care for it.  Bouncing off the walls unfocused.  I'll stick with it but right now

its disappointing at best.  Waiting for Badger and Skinny Pete to show up.

Binged watched Walking Dead and got caught up the beginning of season five

that has been disappointedly slow. 

Last episode introduced a new character at the very end named Aaron.

Spoiler but...

he's gay.  Series follows the graphic novel and Aaron is in there and introduced as a gay character.

His lover is hiding in the woods watching his back when he approaches Rick et al after stalking them

to see if they were not cannibals or something.

anyone else watch the Two and a Half Men finale?  I thought it was really good until the end.  A bunch of cameos, but the whole hour led up to a tease that never materialized. 

Havent watched that show in years, but read about the ending today, whole show from what I read was one big make fun of the whole way Sheen left the show and killing him off (again) at the end.

Seems kind of bitter.

Havent watched that show in years, but read about the ending today, whole show from what I read was one big make fun of the whole way Sheen left the show and killing him off (again) at the end.

Seems kind of bitter.

other than a Tiger blood reference and the very last scene (which they had to change because he turned down a role in the finale, and also made fun of Chuck Lorre himself), I wouldn't say there was much mocking of Sheen at all.  They mocked his character, but no more than they did when the character was still on the show.

I really hope this 3rd HoC season is good because I thought they'd already wrapped up that story perfectly. They're going to need to do more than just this season if the new story arcs they'll need to introduce are going to stack up.

I'd say it's about 50/50 between that or a fan-service encore season with little substance, Spacey cheekily breaking the 4th wall every 5 minutes and a costume drama finale where he dreams he's Napolean or some shit, ending in a full-cast choreographed musical scene.

Anybody wanna lay odds on what episode the assassination attempt takes place? (No spoiler, just a guess.)

I really hope this 3rd HoC season is good because I thought they'd already wrapped up that story perfectly. They're going to need to do more than just this season if the new story arcs they'll need to introduce are going to stack up.

I'd say it's about 50/50 between that or a fan-service encore season with little substance, Spacey cheekily breaking the 4th wall every 5 minutes and a costume drama finale where he dreams he's Napolean or some shit, ending in a full-cast choreographed musical scene.

Anybody wanna lay odds on what episode the assassination attempt takes place? (No spoiler, just a guess.)

I think they will do a good job..the first two have been great and this is the final season.. they have to do it right.... Right?

I would be so shocked if that doesn't happen... my guess...1st attempt on the 5th episode..finished on the last..

I think they will do a good job..the first two have been great and this is the final season.. they have to do it right.... Right?

I would be so shocked if that doesn't happen... my guess...1st attempt on the 5th episode..finished on the last..

Has this been confirmed?  I saw somewhere they were going to do 52 episodes just like a deck of cards.  I googled and nothing came up for either..

Fuggin love that show.  Mad Men is getting pushed to the side.

Has this been confirmed?  I saw somewhere they were going to do 52 episodes just like a deck of cards.  I googled and nothing came up for either..

Fuggin love that show.  Mad Men is getting pushed to the side.

guess not.. I know I saw it somewhere earlier and was just going by that..but I just did a search and see nothing now. 

Good.. I also love this show.

Only bad thing is it comes out Friday and I will watch it all in a few days and have to wait a year again...lol

Hm. I thought they'd only decided to do a 3rd due to popularity but if that was the original plan it should be good. Knowing when to quit seems the biggest challenge with a serial drama. I can't think of many that weren't prematurely cancelled that couldn't easily have been a season shorter. Breaking Bad maybe? One of the most impressive things about that show was the pacing IMO. Loved the way The Sopranos ended but that probably should've happened 2 years earlier.

Justified is wrapping up too but previous seasons of that have been self-contained, up to a point.

Archived