2014-15 TV Season

Go Skins

I'm in early season 5 of mad men and I quit.  It pretty much sucks at this point.  Can anyone talk me off the ledge?  Going to start watching The Wire instead.

I like Mad Men well enough but if you haven't seen The Wire then yeh.

Better Call Saul is one of the best shows on right now. Hey, everyone likes different shit, no reason to call people that like it hipsters just because you don't. Pound for pound it's a great show. I was a bit disappointed in, what....episode 3, where they focused on his brother's problem. That one was pretty much shit, but I guess it needed to be out there to explain a few things. Overall, love it and am looking forward to it each week.

Looking forward to Silicon Valley and Orange Is The New Black.

MULLY

I watched season 1 of The Wire and wasn't blown away, perhaps expectations too high? Hasn't motivated me to start season 2. There's some other shows I never watched that I'm wondering if I should, like the Sopranos.

I really enjoyed the Soprano's, but it definitely had some lulls.

Watching any show after completing Breaking Bad has had me looking for more.  I used to be able to watch four episodes in a row a night.  Kind of ruined TV for me.  True Detective was on par, but we won't ever be able to have a connection with characters since every season will focus on something different.  

Better Call Saul is one of the best shows on right now. Hey, everyone likes different shit, no reason to call people that like it hipsters just because you don't. Pound for pound it's a great show. I was a bit disappointed in, what....episode 3, where they focused on his brother's problem. That one was pretty much shit, but I guess it needed to be out there to explain a few things. Overall, love it and am looking forward to it each week.

Looking forward to Silicon Valley and Orange Is The New Black.

MULLY

Love all three shows.. Saul is better than I thought it would be.... 

RE tonight's episode of The Flash: nice to see Mark Hamill finally learned how to act...

I keep thinking of the scene in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" where the audience is supposed to clap when Hamill comes on screen. 

For agents of shield fans...

[spoiler]Do you think the recent story line with the two Shields will play at all into the Avengers 2 movie? If not, will it all be resolved before then? It will be nteresting to see. I know based on things I've read that with shield underground, the avengers are pretty much being led by Cap and Ironman, but I know Fury is at least supposed to appear somewhat in the movie. 

Idk I'm just curious where this whole plot is going and if it will tie into the movie. Either way, I'm sure some outcome from the movie will play big into the final stretch of season two like it did last year with CA2. [/spoiler]

For agents of shield fans...

[spoiler]Do you think the recent story line with the two Shields will play at all into the Avengers 2 movie? If not, will it all be resolved before then? It will be nteresting to see. I know based on things I've read that with shield underground, the avengers are pretty much being led by Cap and Ironman, but I know Fury is at least supposed to appear somewhat in the movie. 

Idk I'm just curious where this whole plot is going and if it will tie into the movie. Either way, I'm sure some outcome from the movie will play big into the final stretch of season two like it did last year with CA2. [/spoiler]

no

[spoiler] if I had to guess, The other SHIELD is shaping up to be what SWORD was in the comics.  As I understand it, SWORD is basically a SHIELD like organization that deals with, and is pretty much anti-, alien beings.  This 2nd SHIELD is definitely anti-superpowered individuals. 

I don't think they'll factor into Age of Ultron, though I do think Age of Ultron will impact the show.

Personally, I'd love to see the show be the thing that kicks off the Civil War storyline for Cap 3.  In the comics, the Civil War storyline was started by a fight by superheros vs supervillians that resulted in massive deaths at an elementary school, sparking the government (and Ironman) to require all superpowered individuals to register with the government. A lot of heros join up with him.  A smaller group stands with Captain America who thinks it infringes on civil liberties.  A civil war breaks out amongst the superhero community.

For this incarnation, I want to see something catastrophic on the SHIELD tv show in Season 3 that sets off the Civil War movie coming in 2016 (IMO it can be done in a way where it takes place on the show, but you don't have to have seen the show to follow it in the movie).  I suppose in that sense the 2nd SHIELD (SWORD) could come into play as siding with IronMan, but we're talking way down the line.  [/spoiler]

• 2 months later...

Hardly any of it made sense to me.

A little all over the place, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt with last season being so good.  I'm sure the way they are all so effed up will tie into it somehow.

Ballers was pretty good.  Kind of reminds me of a X-rated football show ESPN had on way back when before the NFL axed it.

HBO churning out shows.

Hardly any of it made sense to me.

I thought it was a little rushed in introducing all the main characters & might've been better if one was left more of a mystery for now. Otherwise I expect the holes were there on purpose and will be filled in later.  I'll probably end up rewatching it before the end of the season, too.

I think they did a good job of capturing that SoCal,  "Hollyweird" atmosphere.  There's a sort of individual anarchy to be found in living in a sprawl of millions of people, but that's only part of it.

[spoiler]The motorcycle scene towards the end & the nod to David Lynch said something about their influences.[/spoiler]

Archived