Michael Johnson Released

Exactly, what no one is talking about is that Tampa already sunk a bunch of money into him.  They had him for a relative Bargain this year compared  to what they'd paid on an annual salary and they still cut him.

In short, despite their desperate need, they had no confidence in him as a player.

Lets put a ton of stock into what the fuckin Bucs have confidence in.

"Envisioning his return" LOL?  How do they do that for a guy who is on a 5 year contract?! 

You're so full of it you don't even see it coming out of you. 

I guess the FO knew that MJ was going to suck SO badly that he'd get cut in TB after just one season and then could come running back here on a properly reduced deal?!

LMAO.

GTFO.

Don't get mad.

Lets put a ton of stock into what the fuckin Bucs have confidence in.

That's the point.  Even the "fuckin Bucs" cut MJ lol. 

And let's look at their track record for the FAs they signed last year.

You're absolutely right . A TOTAL BUST.

EVERY.

LAST.

ONE.

Damn, Scharm, I couldn't have said it better.

So you have the same reading comprehension problem too lol.  Not that I'm surprised.

Once you guys finally accept the fact that many people on this board think MJ sucks with the fact that they also think we desperately need a good DE - and that those two ideas are completely compatible rather than contradictory, maybe we can start having a productive football conversation.

So you have the same reading comprehension problem too lol.  Not that I'm surprised.

Once you guys finally accept the fact that many people on this board think MJ sucks with the fact that they also think we desperately need a good DE - and that those two ideas are completely compatible rather than contradictory, maybe we can start having a productive football conversation.

See, I'm turning a new leaf. The old me would say "fuck you". The new me says "alley I respect your position, however, I have apprehension about the theories you used to develop your hypothesis. Therefore, I think we should just agree to disagree. So as the brother in 8 mile says, "Fuck you and have a nice day!""

See, I'm turning a new leaf. The old me would say "fuck you". The new me says "alley I respect your position, however, I have apprehension about the theories you used to develop your hypothesis. Therefore, I think we should just agree to disagree. So as the brother in 8 mile says, "Fuck you and have a nice day!""

So typically small of you kenneth.  Your only retort to a logical reply is an insult with no counter argument - a true sign of the hapless the world over.

I am very fond of Mj. However I think Marvin likes him more than anything because he will easily fit into the teams chemistry. I hope that it's for the positive and not because Marvin is exhausted and doesn't want to have a better player he may struggle to ease into the group.

I am very fond of Mj. However I think Marvin likes him more than anything because he will easily fit into the teams chemistry. I hope that it's for the positive and not because Marvin is exhausted and doesn't want to have a better player he may struggle to ease into the group.

IMO, that's where Marvin suffers, to a fault.

The last few years the theme was "status quo."

Sadly, the result was also status quo.

Now, they've come out and SAID something different.

Ironically, while I actually approve of the historical approach, in general, if status quo is getting you dick you have to shake it up a little. We've proven over and over the last few years that our guys love to play here and love each other.

Kumbaya, kumbaya...

Now let's cut some fat and bring in a couple of axe murderers and kick this fucker up a notch.

(and, IMO, bringing back "friends" who didn't really cut it before doesn't cut it).

IMO, that's where Marvin suffers, to a fault.

The last few years the theme was "status quo."

Sadly, the result was also status quo.

Now, they've come out and SAID something different.

Ironically, while I actually approve of the historical approach, in general, if status quo is getting you dick you have to shake it up a little. We've proven over and over the last few years that our guys love to play here and love each other.

Kumbaya, kumbaya...

Now let's cut some fat and bring in a couple of axe murderers and kick this fucker up a notch.

(and, IMO, bringing back "friends" who didn't really cut it before doesn't cut it).

Eloquently put.

@AdamSchefter: Recently-released Bucs DE Michael Johnson's first visit will be with the Minnesota Vikings, per source.

Money being close to equal he comes back here.  Closer to meaningful post season play and while I'd think he likes Zimmer a lot, the things he's talked about have been the players.  It looks like it's between the Bengals and Minny so it just depends on what they are willing to offer.  I'd say if they go to 7 per they can have him.

Money being close to equal he comes back here.  Closer to meaningful post season play and while I'd think he likes Zimmer a lot, the things he's talked about have been the players.  It looks like it's between the Bengals and Minny so it just depends on what they are willing to offer.  I'd say if they go to 7 per they can have him.

No idea what their cap situation is but with a rookie qb salary and if AP doesn't come back it seems like the Vikings have a lot more flexibility than us

I didn't hear a word you said... blah diddy blu blah

haha now I have to go watch the battles on Youtube

Ah. MJ sucks now. LOL. every time I say TGF sucks, I get pummeled with tears like, "SAY HES AVERAGE! HE DOESNT SUCK!"

Lmao fuck your shitty opinions. MJ is a good player who played injured last year. The Bucs have a ton of cap space, MJs cap hit won't be as much, and those morons still need a DE. They made a dumb move. MJ will resign. We'll have a DE again who knows what contain means. And hopefully when he's holding that side of the line down, again, you'll finally shut the fuck up

Not great news that he is going to Minn first. 

Bengals could miss out on their d-line targets all together. 

1. JS - gone to Pats

2. NF - in St. Louis

3. MJ - visiting his old coordinator first

Watch that happen.

No idea what their cap situation is but with a rookie qb salary and if AP doesn't come back it seems like the Vikings have a lot more flexibility than us

I honestly wasn't all that upset when he left.  He is very average in my mind and certainly was below average in Tampa Bay.  I want somebody who will make a difference.   I would rather take one last shot at Hunt and bring in Fairly who I KNOW is better than Peko.

BTW, if he was really hurt at Tampa, my guess is they would not be getting rid of him after 1 year.  They paid him to be their DE for years but obviously they saw something they REALLY didn't like just like we saw with Collins.

Archived