!!!THE OFFICIAL BENGALS @ BUCS PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!

At least Dawson is playing well against the future insurance and car salesmen... 

You can see his nose for the ball and that quickness should translate against anybody.

He's most like Burfict in that he doesn't take any false steps.  He diagnoses quickly and gets to the ball.

Love it!

You can see his nose for the ball and that quickness should translate against anybody.

He's most like Burfict in that he doesn't take any false steps.  He diagnoses quickly and gets to the ball.

Love it!

I certainly can't assess talent on your level, but I like what I see as well...

Relax fellars.  every year every team has a game they cant explain.  if we were 3-13 last year I'd say were in for another long season.  Many good veterans on this team that knows how to bounce back from this.  no energy and no effort from either side of the ball tonight.  Was also about as vanilla of play calling you can get for a preseason game.  Standard 4 man rush and standard 2WR, 2TE, 1 RB most of the game.  Marvin Jones not seeing hardly any plays with the ones needs to change.  Sanu needs to play the slot and not on the outside.  Training camp is over and the players just traveled 900 miles for a meaningless game.  the players were obviously tired and worn down at this point.  Week 3 of preseason is when it starts and the players know it.  Does suck Vontaze Burfict wont make his designated return date of preseason week 3, because its pretty obvious this LB core needs some help ASAP.  Another failure from this medical staff of getting players healthy and ready on time. 

1. It scares me that despite all the talent on the offensive side of the ball, the key to our offense still runs through the Dalton-Green connection.

2. Dalton and Green, joke!  Both these guys need to step up.

3. AJ McCarron showed more poise than Dalton.  I think he would be an eventual better fit for the starting QB gig.

4. AJ McCarron should get some reps with starters to see what he can really do.

5. The LB's looked like complete shit, except for Vinny Rey and PJ Dawson in 4th quarter.

6. PJ Dawson - this guy is coming along it seems.

7. Derron Smith and Josh Shaw seemed to be around the ball and making plays.

8.  The D-line rotation suffered a noticeable drop-off without Pat Sims in the rotation.  If he can stay healthy....that is the question!

9. DeShawn Williams needs a place on the roster.  He was the only DT not named Atkins who who played with any measure of consistency.  Needs more first team reps.

10.  Is Mario Alford is coming along?.  One dropped pass and minimal impact in the return game.  I hope this guy steps up at some point, because so far he's been nothing but a 'wall flower'.

11.  Tyler Kroft is starting to come along.  Seemed to develop a nice rapport with McCarron on 4th quarter scoring drive.

12.  James Wilder Jr would be an upgrade to Cedric Peerman.  But the staff continuously show loyalty to lesser players, so Peerman will remain the 4th RB.

13. Dalton is the new leader of the team.  So much for his motivational skills in primetime.

14. Marv Lewis, Hue Jackson, Paul Guenther, and Matt Burke really stunk it up as coaches today.  If Burke continuously sucks it up as LB coach and Guenther can't put some fire into the players and handle in-game play-calls/adjustments better, then I expect coaching changes at these positions next year (prays for Vance Joseph as the next defensive co-ordinator).  Marvin Lewis, nuff said!

15.  I know preseason is 'vanilla', but this was really 'stale' vanilla, and that's what hurts the most!

Just preseason doesn't mean shit.     Most troubling aspect is they look like shit on national TV again.     It's in their heads and further deepens the dead beat fan attitude that the Bengals exist.  

Oh,  zeitler getting whooped and tackling were troubling as well. 

Just preseason doesn't mean shit.     Most troubling aspect is they look like shit on national TV again.     It's in their heads and further deepens the dead beat fan attitude that the Bengals exist.  

Oh,  zeitler getting whooped and tackling were troubling as well. 

McCoy never owned Zeitler like that last year.  Not Good!

Amazed at how that many talented professional football players can play that piss poor.  Default to Marvinball where they were not prepared and motivated.  True, preseason but a prime time humiliation.

The only thing worse than the play on the field was the ESPeein' coverage.  Only focused on the offensive play, little refs to who made the tackles.  Also the lack of replays.  One thing I always watch is who whiffs on tackles.  But there were so many plays that should have been stopped or at least slowed in the backfield...

Do we have a quality linebacker on the team?  Maybe Dawson will show up big early and Burfict... 

Ugly stat on the role AJ plays in the interceptions.  On the first one... high but in his hands.

Butt ugly game.

Unimpressed with McCarron...  Maybe he'll do more in the next two weeks, but he was completely unable to push the ball down the field.  That's not good.  If he played for anybody else, I might label him 'A poor man's Andy Dalton'.

The first interception was a flukey once-a-season type thing.  Hopefully it's outta A.J. Green's system now.

I have absolutely no idea why Domata Peko will make the team again this year.  I only know that he will.  Sigh...

After two preseason games, I think Josh Shaw is the best of an EXCELLENT class of rookies.  Dawson, Hardison, DeShawn Williams, and Derron Smith all look really good.

Chris Carter should be on this team. For one, he does something that no other linebacker on this team can.  And, two, none of the other backers do what THEY do well enough to justify keeping Carter off the roster.

What the fuck was Kevin Zeitler doing last night?  I'm going to assume that 'not game planning' for a preseason game explains it.  

Lol @ national TV. Nobody was watching. Normal people are not viewing scrimmages in August...and certainly not taking them seriously.

Bengals getting roasted on National Radio this morning.      Pre-season football may be boring compared to regular season football but that doesn't mean people don't watch.

I think the Hall of Fame game out drew some of the NBA final or conference final games.    Same with the Pro Bowl.   

People complain about the quality of preseason and pro bowl games but the events and the pre/post game shows draw viewers.  

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-preseason-football-drives-817076

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/10/hall-of-fame-game-generates-big-tv-ratings/

A couple of links.   People watch football.   That's why the NFL preseason will never go away without an equal or greater TV event created.   Same with pro bowl. 

Bengals laid another egg on prime time television and right or wrong their narrative "choke" will grow among the National football fans and the dead beat portion of "Bengal Fans" in this market.

Archived