Take turns. Line up. Bow Down.

Self deception at work is a fascinating thing to watch.

Dalton made two real mistakes today. I just re-watched the game and you can MAYBE put one of the sacks on him.  The others aren't close to his fault. He threw a few imperfect passes and made two bad decisions (Pick on force to AJ when Gio was wide open in the flat with 10-15 yard gain and another force to AJ on the sideline). That's it.  He drove this team up and down the field for most of the game, but for a period in the second and third quarters. Otherwise, he was sensational. He was slinging it with ease all over the place, and distributing the ball wherever he had spots (Aikman said in the 3rd quarter that the receivers simply hadn't been getting open).  All of this, and he still touches a 100 passer rating with 2 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD (and oh by the way, leads his team back from a 17 point 4th quarter deficit against arguably the best D in the league). 

"Awful"?! Are you shitting me?! GTF outta here with that.

What's amazing is that by not signing, and continuing to defense the indefensible, you are each and every one going on the record and proving your blind hate.

BTW, huge props to BAB.  Glad to see he's enjoying this amazing fucking performance as much as the rest of us. If you talk to him, I'll bet you he'll even tell you it's a lot more fun this way (you know, cheering for your star QB to continue his all-pro performance and lead you to yet another win in your unprecedented, undefeated season?).

I'll tell you, I've been his biggest supporter around here for a long time and he's even out-performing my expectations.  And I'm having a fucking blast. 

Go King Andy! 

As a new guy to the board, thanks for setting up a thread that shows me exactly who is and isn't worth paying attention to.

How awful that we have to scrape by with the second best QB in football right now. How awful that we have a guy who only managed to make it to the playoffs in his first four seasons after inheriting a dumpster fire of a team that golden boy Palmer fucking quit on.

God forbid you actually root for your team.

I get that you're all still PTSD from the Klingler/Akili/Carson years, but don't let your horrible ex girlfriends taint your current relationship. You're afraid that if you believe, you'll get hurt. You're like a guy who's had his last few girlfriends cheat on him... You're afraid to give your heart away, and on some level you're rooting for him to fail just so you can be "right".

You're waiting for that day when you can say "See, I told you Andy Dalton sucked" right before you go eat a half-gallon of Hagen-Daas and go have a good cry with your pictures of Boomer. "He's the only one who ever truly loved me..." *Sniff* *SNIFF* I feel sorry for you.

The armor we put around our heart to protect us from pain also keeps out joy. By living out your bad relationships, you're just prolonging your agony.

http://www.lovepanky.com/flirting-flings/dating-game/how-to-love-again

How to love again after being hurt

While this may sound like a consolation, this really isn’t. It’s the truth.

Life is unpredictable and doesn’t always plan out just like you wanted or expected. Learn to deal with the losses and cherish the happy experiences, and learn from your experiences.

Don’t give up on love because of a broken heart or because you think it’ll cause you pain. Bad relationships cause pain, not love. Remember that.

A break up is like a doorway into another relationship. How long it takes you to open that door is up to you. But at some point, you have to brace yourself and open that door and meet someone else.

If you can’t find love in your own life, stop trying to make yourself feel better by telling everyone else that love doesn’t exist, because it does.

HA! I've been claiming Jilted Lover Syndrome since the beginning! I guess it's obvious...

BTW, huge props to BAB.  Glad to see he's enjoying this amazing fucking performance as much as the rest of us. If you talk to him, I'll bet you he'll even tell you it's a lot more fun this way (you know, cheering for your star QB to continue his all-pro performance and lead you to yet another win in your unprecedented, undefeated season?).

I mean....did anybody really expect him to come out firing, looking like the next best thing to goddamn Aaron Rodgers out there this year? Never in a million years would have I expected it. Even when I do shit on specific players, I feel as though I have at least some sort of decent reasoning. Pre-2015 Andy had been inconsistent at best. 2015 Andy makes his contract look like the biggest steal in the NFL.

Yeah, the season is still young, but he did just carve up the 2nd ranked defense in heroic fashion. He's looking really really really fucking good, and I never thought he'd be able to ever look this good. The eye test is a very real thing, IMO, and he's passing it.

Anyways, with the females in my life, I'm pretty well prepared at all times to admit when I'm wrong, which is apparently most of the time. Continue to prove me wrong, Andy. :headbang:

Ive been hating on Dalton for two years but hes been playing lights out football this year.  Gotta give props when they are do.  Hes been garbage in the playoffs the last 4 years but been amazing the last 5 games.   The same way ive acknowledge how awesome hes played,  cant see why some of you cant admit when hes played bad.  Dalton deserves a probowl this year so far and i cant wait to see this defense when Burfict returns.   And Dawson gets some playing time. 

Come and listen to a story
'Bout a man named Andy
An oft-maligned soul,
Who many thought was candy.
And then one day
He was kickass playin' the game,
But still some folks thought he was really lame.

Ginger, Howdy-Doody, Richie Cunningham.

Well the first thing you know
Ol' Andy's got real good,
Cutting up defenses in everybody's hood.
Chuckin' balls all round the receiver's tree.
Now there's folks all glad
That he plays for the Nati.

Cheese coneys, goetta, Who Dey beer.

Well now it's time to say
Farewell to all the Dalton Doubters;
Time to go before
You all become sad pouters.
Ol' Red Rifle is really starting to show
And his team believes in him and that's
All you got to know.

Bengals fans, sit a spell, take your shoes off.

Enjoy this team while you can.

I mean....did anybody really expect him to come out firing, looking like the next best thing to goddamn Aaron Rodgers out there this year? Never in a million years would have I expected it. Even when I do shit on specific players, I feel as though I have at least some sort of decent reasoning. Pre-2015 Andy had been inconsistent at best. 2015 Andy makes his contract look like the biggest steal in the NFL.

Yeah, the season is still young, but he did just carve up the 2nd ranked defense in heroic fashion. He's looking really really really fucking good, and I never thought he'd be able to ever look this good. The eye test is a very real thing, IMO, and he's passing it.

Anyways, with the females in my life, I'm pretty well prepared at all times to admit when I'm wrong, which is apparently most of the time. Continue to prove me wrong, Andy. :headbang:

You did have specific reasoning and you werent wrong, anyone who wasnt upset when he had that 2 rating against the Browns is lying. Just like anyone saying people arent enjoying this 5-0 are lying. Its the ups and downs of being a football fan and you had every right to be upset about it just like you have every right to be happy about the play so far. It's called being honest about the Good, Bad, or Ugly of your team and enjoying the highs and being upset at the lows. (Without trying to rationalize them away). You are allowed to do that dont let anyone ever tell you otherwise. 

This thread is the internet manifestation of little dick syndrome.   

It's fantastic that Dalton's playing at this level in his 5th year, he's making plays...looks like a different QB....but don't act like all the criticism in the past wasn't warranted.   What's happening now doesn't change what happened in the past.  

That's a terrible apology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You did have specific reasoning and you werent wrong, anyone who wasnt upset when he had that 2 rating against the Browns is lying. Just like anyone saying people arent enjoying this 5-0 are lying. Its the ups and downs of being a football fan and you had every right to be upset about it just like you have every right to be happy about the play so far. It's called being honest about the Good, Bad, or Ugly of your team and enjoying the highs and being upset at the lows. (Without trying to rationalize them away). You are allowed to do that dont let anyone ever tell you otherwise. 

Just eat your fucking crow, Jamie.  All this running around now trying to rationalize the fact that you and many others portrayed him as the worst QB in the league with zero possibility of ever getting better, is just reinventing the narrative.  Just like all of you say we know what we see, we all know what we read.  Every single one of the so called "Dalton Defenders" agreed that he played bad games, we just thought he still had potential to become an above average QB, while the DHC wanted to tar and feather him and run him out of town.  We always said it was a team game, and that it wasn't just Dalton, while you folks acted like we were winning despite Dalton, and now that our "80's rated QB" is a "120's rated QB", it's a Team Game.  Just last week, you or one of your ilk, said well let's see what happens when he's down by a couple touchdowns in the fourth quarter.  Were you watching?  Or did you put your fingers in your ears, close your eyes, and cuddle up in your quitters Jersey?

I love how no WRs could get open, no one could run, the OL couldn't block but it is Andy's fault we were losing...

Then we came back and win and Andy isn't the reason we won because OL blocked, WRs started getting open again and Gio found a little daylight.

Dalton did what a good QB is supposed to do. John Elway used to have 2 or 3 quarters of terrible football play for Denver and then in the 4th quarter he would lead a ridiculous 4th quarter comeback to win the game. I'm not comparing Dalton to Elway, but it doesn't matter what happens except how you finish. Dalton finished. Dalton in the past would have forced throws late in the 4th quarter and turned a 17 point game into a 30 point game. Instead Dalton didn't blink, got settled and made great decisions and great throws and even embarrassed the Seahawks D with his QB sneak call for a 5 yard TD. He took control of the game and played perfect ball in the 4th qtr and OT. If he does that come playoff time, we will beat anyone we face.

Just eat your fucking crow, Jamie.  All this running around now trying to rationalize the fact that you and many others portrayed him as the worst QB in the league with zero possibility of ever getting better, is just reinventing the narrative.  Just like all of you say we know what we see, we all know what we read.  Every single one of the so called "Dalton Defenders" agreed that he played bad games, we just thought he still had potential to become an above average QB, while the DHC wanted to tar and feather him and run him out of town.  We always said it was a team game, and that it wasn't just Dalton, while you folks acted like we were winning despite Dalton, and now that our "80's rated QB" is a "120's rated QB", it's a Team Game.  Just last week, you or one of your ilk, said well let's see what happens when he's down by a couple touchdowns in the fourth quarter.  Were you watching?  Or did you put your fingers in your ears, close your eyes, and cuddle up in your quitters Jersey?

Eat my fucking ass Kenneth. I defy you to find one post where I said he was the worst QB in the league. Go ahead, I'll wait. 

There is no question the hating on the bengals QB has been over-the-top, on this board and generally. It's silly.

I have no problem admitting that I wanted them to draft Bridgewater, that I never foresaw Dalton getting to this level, and that I am thrilled to have been wrong. He is operating at a level that I didn't remotely think possible - not just the throws but his command of protections and decision making pre and post snap. Just didn't think he had this. 

It's okay to admit being wrong, it really is. Stubborn adherence to views in light of facts isn't a good quality. 

Sharm hasn't been around, has he?

ETA - nevermind - I see he has been "out of the country". Maybe when he gets back he will re-visit some of his views a bit.

I've always maintained that most good QB's don't really hit their stride until their fourth season,and I truly expected last year to be the one.I gave Andy a pass for last year and the playoffs.Losing Eifert,Jones,AJ for (six?) games would make life difficult no matter who is taking the snaps.Our starting wideouts for the playoff game were Sanu and Burkhead,but no matter,Dalton shit the bed,right?

But what's sad is some of you can't be happy no matter what happens,because you have a burning desire to be "right".You'll always point back at past events to show that what happens now is diminished some how.You've set a standard for Andy that he can never ever meet.You're just waiting for him to have a bad game(like Aaron Rodgers and golden boy Brady did against us in PBS) so you can come in here and say,"Ha!Andy still sucks-see?".You'll always come up with something that Andy has or hasn't done to prove your point.

So go ahead,sit around and stick pins in your Dalton voodoo dolls while you wait for him to have a bad game,and I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride.

This argument is stupid and futile....

You can't blame Andy when things go bad in a playoff game and his best WR is Greg Little and his other WR is a RB then say he is a tiny cog in a bigger machine when he orchestrates a huge comeback against a premiere defense... 

This kid has taken us to the playoffs 4 years straight! FOUR FUCKING YEARS! After all the futility some of you are insane to me....

He took your boos! Used them! Turned a corner and become a top QB!

and still you doubt.

and it will take one bad game that even the all time best QBs have had and you will sit back and say I told you so!

that is what is surreal....

As a new guy to the board, thanks for setting up a thread that shows me exactly who is and isn't worth paying attention to.

How awful that we have to scrape by with the second best QB in football right now. How awful that we have a guy who only managed to make it to the playoffs in his first four seasons after inheriting a dumpster fire of a team that golden boy Palmer fucking quit on.

God forbid you actually root for your team.

I get that you're all still PTSD from the Klingler/Akili/Carson years, but don't let your horrible ex girlfriends taint your current relationship. You're afraid that if you believe, you'll get hurt. You're like a guy who's had his last few girlfriends cheat on him... You're afraid to give your heart away, and on some level you're rooting for him to fail just so you can be "right".

You're waiting for that day when you can say "See, I told you Andy Dalton sucked" right before you go eat a half-gallon of Hagen-Daas and go have a good cry with your pictures of Boomer. "He's the only one who ever truly loved me..." *Sniff* *SNIFF* I feel sorry for you.

The armor we put around our heart to protect us from pain also keeps out joy. By living out your bad relationships, you're just prolonging your agony.

http://www.lovepanky.com/flirting-flings/dating-game/how-to-love-again

How to love again after being hurt

While this may sound like a consolation, this really isn’t. It’s the truth.

Life is unpredictable and doesn’t always plan out just like you wanted or expected. Learn to deal with the losses and cherish the happy experiences, and learn from your experiences.

Don’t give up on love because of a broken heart or because you think it’ll cause you pain. Bad relationships cause pain, not love. Remember that.

A break up is like a doorway into another relationship. How long it takes you to open that door is up to you. But at some point, you have to brace yourself and open that door and meet someone else.

If you can’t find love in your own life, stop trying to make yourself feel better by telling everyone else that love doesn’t exist, because it does.

I woke up at 7:15 this morning instead of the usual 9-10 am, probably still stoked because of this weekend.   Didn't see it since I'm in VA and I didn't get to see the game and I don't have the Ticket, but I really hope to high heaven that NFL Replay plays this game over this week.   

I just get on the board about half hour ago listening and reading this...and then I see one of our newest members pretty much put in all in perspective even though it was a huge win.  

To the new poster,   That is a hell of a debut post young Padawan...:good2::icon15::cool:

I've always maintained that most good QB's don't really hit their stride until their fourth season,and I truly expected last year to be the one.I gave Andy a pass for last year and the playoffs.Losing Eifert,Jones,AJ for (six?) games would make life difficult no matter who is taking the snaps.Our starting wideouts for the playoff game were Sanu and Burkhead,but no matter,Dalton shit the bed,right?

But what's sad is some of you can't be happy no matter what happens,because you have a burning desire to be "right".You'll always point back at past events to show that what happens now is diminished some how.You've set a standard for Andy that he can never ever meet.You're just waiting for him to have a bad game(like Aaron Rodgers and golden boy Brady did against us in PBS) so you can come in here and say,"Ha!Andy still sucks-see?".You'll always come up with something that Andy has or hasn't done to prove your point.

So go ahead,sit around and stick pins in your Dalton voodoo dolls while you wait for him to have a bad game,and I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Do you know what bothers me the most? It's isn't the chest pounding, or the I told you so's. It's the abject stupidity of statements like this. Especially when there is a trail of evidence to the contrary if one were not so lazy enough to pay attention to it.

Go read the GBU thread where I said I believe in this team,  go read the game day thread where I said I almost passed out screaming, or where I asked everyone if they had a boner too. 

Pound your chest, say I told you so, but don't fucking tell me I'm not happy about how were playing so far. 

I love how no WRs could get open, no one could run, the OL couldn't block but it is Andy's fault we were losing...

Then we came back and win and Andy isn't the reason we won because OL blocked, WRs started getting open again and Gio found a little daylight.

The truth is, even when Andy is playing the best ball of his life you see how dependent he is on the rest of the team ala yesterday -- just like any QB. Hard to sling the ball (especially the deep throws) when you are under fire.  My biggest impression yesterday was that I saw his feet get a little skittish, his decisions get a little forced -- and then he played through that. He was money, then he took some uppercuts, he wobbled, and despite the fact that the punches kept coming, he came back stronger.

It seems that his supreme confidence comes from knowing absolutely where here's going to go with the ball. It's just a matter of having the ability to get it there. With whatever he's done with his form, it's pretty clear that his ability is not going to be the thing holding him -- or the team -- back any longer. Yup, give Dalton some protection and (and some receivers help) and he's elite. 

And when he doesn't have those things, and still perseveres and puts the team on his back and says "I'm going to take us there," he's more than that. Not only is he not someone who shrinks in the spotlight, or a QUITTER -- he's the true leader this team has been looking for forever. 

Get in line behind the Ginger. 

Do you know what bothers me the most? It's isn't the chest pounding, or the I told you so's. It's the abject stupidity of statements like this. Especially when there is a trail of evidence to the contrary if one were not so lazy enough to pay attention to it.

Go read the GBU thread where I said I believe in this team,  go read the game day thread where I said I almost passed out screaming, or where I asked everyone if they had a boner too. 

Pound your chest, say I told you so, but don't fucking tell me I'm not happy about how were playing so far. 

I defy you to show me where I mentioned your name,so right back at ya sport.

I defy you to show me where I mentioned your name,so right back at ya sport.

Find me one poster who said Andy was the worst QB in the leauge then. Ill wait. (BTW the irony of your sig "another year another playoff loss" while chest pounding isnt lost on me....sport.)

Archived