Tez Suspension?

I don't see a fucking stomp anywhere. And, when I look closer at this clip, I see a little jersey tug to get Blount up, I was looking for the facemask tug and I don't see that, either. Maybe Vontaze's hand grazing Blount's facemask, but not an actual grab.

Here's where we're at: the league is now clearly employing a "zero tolerance" policy in regards to Vontaze, what's going to happen is shit like this, they're going to be inclined to really look for things on tape that aren't necessarily there...all to send a message. Sadly, he's earned this.

Vontaze wants to be in the middle of things, and I want to believe, based on what I have seen so far, that he is interested in keeping his nose clean from now on. But, its going to take more than that...he is going to need to be a thousand miles away from this kinda stuff. If there's a pile up, he needs to get out of it and walk towards the sideline until it's clear. Someone starts talking shit, talk back, but do it while WALKING AWAY.

1 hour ago, thezerawkid said:

I don't see a fucking stomp anywhere. And, when I look closer at this clip, I see a little jersey tug to get Blount up, I was looking for the facemask tug and I don't see that, either. Maybe Vontaze's hand grazing Blount's facemask, but not an actual grab.

Here's where we're at: the league is now clearly employing a "zero tolerance" policy in regards to Vontaze, what's going to happen is shit like this, they're going to be inclined to really look for things on tape that aren't necessarily there...all to send a message. Sadly, he's earned this.

Vontaze wants to be in the middle of things, and I want to believe, based on what I have seen so far, that he is interested in keeping his nose clean from now on. But, its going to take more than that...he is going to need to be a thousand miles away from this kinda stuff. If there's a pile up, he needs to get out of it and walk towards the sideline until it's clear. Someone starts talking shit, talk back, but do it while WALKING AWAY.

correct.

2 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

How has he "earned this" more than James Harrison? Ndamukong Suh? Vince Wilfork? Mike Mitchell?

Keep waiting on that fine for Blount trying to gouge out someone's eye.  I'm sure they'll get to it just as soon as they get done counting all that integrity.

Man I am so tired of this witch hunt and the fans of the NFL encouraging the witch hunt. Bunch of pussies in this modern society. Even Bengals fans think he should be suspended. I just wish that he broke Bennett's leg and punctured Blount's muscle.

According to Twitter, Burfict was injured in practice and carted off btw...

dont think he should have been suspended.  but, also dont think it should be a surprise when his antics get looked into.  You earn what other people's perspectives are of you.  Unfortunately for him, he is a great player, but it gets clouded by some of the dumb shit he does.  

1 minute ago, SouthPaw said:

rolled ankle.  precautionary.

I am conditioned to actually believe that means his leg was amputated the way this organization discusses injuries.

21 hours ago, Hooky said:

And what is Gronk doing in the video? Obviously not trying to start any shit. Or taunting.

Obviously not!!!!

As someone else said in another thread...the "patriots way" is not talking crap and just doing your job.  Maybe his job on that play was to dance like a giddy little schoolgirl???  Hey, we don't know what his assignment was, Bellicheat is f-ing genius!!!...so who are we to speculate?

Seriously, that's one of my bitches about this entire thing...I don't wanna sound like a spoiled kid on the playground or anything, but the Patriots were pretty obvious with their taunting, excess, etc and they were the instigators here.  I can only imagine what was said and/or what went on in the bottom of piles.  Refs either need to keep that stuff in check, or resulting fines need to be tempered and equalized based on the big picture of the entire game context.  I do think that part of the Patriots game plan all along was to blatantly push the buttons of "typical Bengals suspects".  I assume most teams have and will continue to exploit this thanks to the media buzz about our thugs.

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

Obviously not!!!!

As someone else said in another thread...the "patriots way" is not talking crap and just doing your job.  Maybe his job on that play was to dance like a giddy little schoolgirl???  Hey, we don't know what his assignment was, Bellicheat is f-ing genius!!!...so who are we to speculate?

Seriously, that's one of my bitches about this entire thing...I don't wanna sound like a spoiled kid on the playground or anything, but the Patriots were pretty obvious with their taunting, excess, etc and they were the instigators here.  I can only imagine what was said and/or what went on in the bottom of piles.  Refs either need to keep that stuff in check, or resulting fines need to be tempered and equalized based on the big picture of the entire game context.  I do think that part of the Patriots game plan all along was to blatantly push the buttons of "typical Bengals suspects".  I assume most teams have and will continue to exploit this thanks to the media buzz about our thugs.

Pats inch closer and closer to stealers hate status with each passing week.

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Again.. 2 sets of rules

No. This is not entirely the issue. 

I love Vontaze, glad he's a Bengal. I think he's been the beneficiary of some bad calls and press...but to totally dig your head in the sand and sit there and pretend he's a saint, that a WHOLE different "set of rules" has been decided and levied against him for no reason, is asinine. The guy has been dirty through his overly aggressive play, he's gotten dinged for it, and now, because of his past transgressions, is under an intense microscope. But, make no mistake, he wasn't chosen at random by the league for this treatment, he has brought it upon himself. 

There is simply no way around this.

I love Vontaze, glad he's a Bengal. I think he's been the beneficiary of some bad calls and press...but to totally dig your head in the sand and sit there and pretend he's a saint, that a WHOLE different "set of rules" has been decided and levied against him for no reason, is asinine. The guy has been dirty through his overly aggressive play, he's gotten dinged for it, and now, because of his past transgressions, is under an intense microscope. But, make no mistake, he wasn't chosen at random by the league for this treatment, he has brought it upon himself. 

correct.  Just as the Patriots and Stealers havent been randomly chosen for the media to suck off.  They've earned that status.  They are fucking good.  Sleezy and guilty of the same shit vontaze and the Bengals are at times, but good.

There's a lot of why isnt my kid playing shortstop and leading off in little league mentality on this board.

So to you Burfict is the only player that has done this?  He's the only dirty player in the NFL?

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

So to you Burfict is the only player that has done this?  He's the only dirty player in the NFL?

I can't tell if you aren't reading my entire posts or if you're just daft.

Go back, reread everything I have written in this thread, see I have said anything to indicate to you that I believe that.

Shortcut: he isn't the only dirty player in the league, but as of now, like it or not, he is one of the top 3 dirtiest in the game.

33 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

I can't tell if you aren't reading my entire posts or if you're just daft.

Go back, reread everything I have written in this thread, see I have said anything to indicate to you that I believe that.

Shortcut: he isn't the only dirty player in the league, but as of now, like it or not, he is one of the top 3 dirtiest in the game.

According to reality or according to ESPN/NLFN/TalkingHeads/Perception???

That is the real issue IMHO.

8 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

According to reality or according to ESPN/NLFN/TalkingHeads/Perception???

That is the real issue IMHO.

This ^

And even if he is top5 or 10, he's being punished for the other 9 as well. Again this has nothing to do with protecting the players - this is the NFL showing due diligence in order to avoid a massive class-action lawsuit over concussions & CTE. 

Burfict's real crime is trying to play by the same rules as the guys on the favored teams.

He has taunted, twisted ankles, scrummed after plays, stuff that isn't altogether all that subjective in addition to the bullshit calls he's gotten too. 

So, there's ample proof out there that his reputation is based somewhat on reality.

Let me turn some of the hyperbolic questions put to me in this thread back on some of you guys challenging me so hard here: are you suggesting that Vontaze Burfict had done little to nothing to deserve the league keeping a closer eye on his play and conduct?

By the by, I could give a shit what popular opinion is or what talking heads are saying, I've been plenty vocal about how I feel about the state of sports "journalism." I base my perspective here on what I have witnessed with my own senses.

Archived