Bengals keeping Nugent

10 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Still Laughing!?

Still laughing at what? All the games we lost this year because our kicker can't make extra points and makeable field goals or how the coaching staff doesn't even let him try field goals longer than 50 yards....that is soooo funny.

You act like you are a better fan because you blindly support an inept coaching staff and mediocre players, now that is funny.

8 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

This is a pretty good kicker fight, but not nearly as good as it used to be on the old Bengals Insider board.  Shane Graham's sister used to drop by to tussle with anyone who crapped on her bro.  It was some good stuff.

FWIW, there is no justifying keeping Nugent.  He is an aging and deteriorating kicker who is pretty much the worst in the league at this point.  Time to start the tryouts now.  

Was Nugent ever decent in the NFL? I don't recall him setting the league on fire with the Jets or doing anything amazing here. Had some game winners, but usually not too long. It's plain and simple. He would be out of the league if we didn't pick him up.

As far as earlier conversation that there's no kickers out there, we got Graham coming off a tight pre-season competition in Carolina. There should be some kickers like that out there.

Was Nugent ever decent in the NFL? I don't recall him setting the league on fire with the Jets or doing anything amazing here. Had some game winners, but usually not too long. It's plain and simple. He would be out of the league if we didn't pick him up.
As far as earlier conversation that there's no kickers out there, we got Graham coming off a tight pre-season competition in Carolina. There should be some kickers like that out there.

Nugent can't complain. His sub par talent has still reaped him a few million $$$ dollars more than everyone here will ever imagine in our lifetimes COMBINED. Guess who gets the last laugh. You Go! Nuggie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there is one position where the Bengals have had a long history of success, it is at Kicker. Mike isn't one of them, and maybe that is why he is so disliked amongst a fan base which was used to near perfection. 

What am I saying? People used to bellyache about Breech, Shayne, and even Horst. Never mind.

36 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

If there is one position where the Bengals have had a long history of success, it is at Kicker. Mike isn't one of them, and maybe that is why he is so disliked amongst a fan base which was used to near perfection. 

What am I saying? People used to bellyache about Breech, Shayne, and even Horst. Never mind.

Right. It only takes one missed kick at the right time to be deemed the shittiest kicker ever. But Nugent has solidified that spot.

2 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Nugent can't complain. His sub par talent has still reaped him a few million $$$ emoji383.pngemoji383.pngemoji383.pngdollars more than everyone here will ever imagine in our lifetimes COMBINED. Guess who gets the last laugh. You Go! Nuggie emoji41.png

Speak for yourself, I have a very active imagination. 

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Nugent is disliked by me because of his inability to make what most would be considered easy kicks, now he is the only kicker for the Bengals that has had to attempt extra points from the 33 yard line but still. Also he isn't a weapon like Justin Tucker, we have to be at the 25 yard line in order to attempt a field goal and even then you are holding your breath. 

I'm not convinced he's the best option available for this team at this position and the resistance of the coaching staff to move on from a player that has shown to be incapable of performing at a high level is frustrating. If Nugent was capable of making 50+ yard kicks and automatic on XP's, the Bengals could easily be in first place in the division.

Marvin's Lewis instance on starting Ced at RT and keeping Nugent on the team is the reason why this team is in 3rd and won't make the playoffs, stubbornness and ego from a complacent HC is the problem. 

Nugent is disliked by me because of his inability to make what most would be considered easy kicks, now he is the only kicker for the Bengals that has had to attempt extra points from the 33 yard line but still. Also he isn't a weapon like Justin Tucker, we have to be at the 25 yard line in order to attempt a field goal and even then you are holding your breath. 
I'm not convinced he's the best option available for this team at this position and the resistance of the coaching staff to move on from a player that has shown to be incapable of performing at a high level is frustrating. If Nugent was capable of making 50+ yard kicks and automatic on XP's, the Bengals could easily be in first place in the division.
Marvin's Lewis instance on starting Ced at RT and keeping Nugent on the team is the reason why this team is in 3rd and won't make the playoffs, stubbornness and ego from a complacent HC is the problem. 

Yup pure arrogance on Lewis. He pretty much said his play calling is based on Nugents foot. He said it after that Carolina game that ended in a tie. At press call. He said there was little trust in Nugent making a 37 yarder so he punted

On 12/6/2016 at 11:20 PM, PatternMaster said:

Still laughing at what? All the games we lost this year because our kicker can't make extra points and makeable field goals or how the coaching staff doesn't even let him try field goals longer than 50 yards....that is soooo funny.

You act like you are a better fan because you blindly support an inept coaching staff and mediocre players, now that is funny.

Nobody but you really gives a shit about all your whining.  This is entertainment and has no true meaning on anything that matters.  So yes, I am laughing and not with you, but at you.

38 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Nobody but you really gives a shit about all your whining.  This is entertainment and has no true meaning on anything that matters.  So yes, I am laughing and not with you, but at you.

Yet here you are, taking important time out of your life to post about stuff with "no meaning."

Well done.

You can see and feel the life being sucked out of this team when Nugent misses extra points and make able field goals. I truly believe the Bengals would be in first place in this division if they would have benched Ced and moved on from Nugent once he started missing XP's with regularity. 

The Bengals have to win out this season and have 3 quality opponents left on the schedule, the remaining games will be close and there will be little room for error. Does anyone really trust Nugent to not miss any more XP's or 40-50 yard field goals in a pressure situation? The refusal to move on the worst kicker in the NFL defies logic, sends the wrong message to the rest of the players on the team, and destroys the credibility of the coaches. 

17 hours ago, kennethmw said:

If you don't give a shit then why do you respond or even post? You obviously care or wouldn't take the time out of your busy schedule to come this message board, read the post, and respond when you see fit. 

Archived