Praise the Lord!

2 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

This.  I hate Thursday night NFL with a passion.

From what I've seen,  the players care about it only slightly more than I do myself.   Exhibit 1a as proof that Goodell doesn't give two shits about the integrity of the game or player safety if it makes the league a few dollars extra.    

44 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

From what I've seen,  the players care about it only slightly more than I do myself.   Exhibit 1a as proof that Goodell doesn't give two shits about the integrity of the game or player safety if it makes the league a few dollars extra.    

The players agreed to it in the CBA.   The salary cap has increased 50% in the 10 years since TNF began and 240% in the last 20.   The players are the ones making WAY MORE dollars because of things like TNF.  It amounts to an extra $310.2  mil a year going to the players or around $182,900 per player in shared revenue.  That is $182,000 extra dollars per player for a grand total of 15 games played.    TNF isn't going nowhere.  What should happen is teams should have a TNF game after their bye week.   Have a few less TNF games and do it after a bye.

37 minutes ago, SF2 said:

What should happen is teams should have a TNF game after their bye week.   Have a few less TNF games and do it after a bye.

That would be ideal (other than shitcanning the whole thing, which as you said won't happen because $$$).   Sure it's in the CBA & everyone is getting paid; all I know is that when I watch TNF it always looks like a preseason game.  It's simply a bad product that survives by having no competition, like a Subway inside a gas station.

52 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That would be ideal (other than shitcanning the whole thing, which as you said won't happen because $$$).   Sure it's in the CBA & everyone is getting paid; all I know is that when I watch TNF it always looks like a preseason game.  It's simply a bad product that survives by having no competition, like a Subway inside a gas station.

NO doubt the current format results in some pretty bad games.

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Professional Tackle Football is back.  I have a woodie.

FWIW if you can ship a Woodie to anyone you want...  http://shipadick.com/products/the-woody/   Every order is sent anonymously !

I already have a few on my list that really need this...  Mike Brown does need this but I'm sure he already has one... 

The Woody!!!!

Let’s be real for a second.

#1 Sometimes certain conduct is so egregious that even a cardboard dick can’t aptly express the Fuckyouness of your outrage. #2 A certain psychopathic portion of the population revel in their dickniness, and they laugh like villains as all the peasants sweating below them wrestle with concepts like civility and morality.

As a result of these two empirical facts, we’ve unveiled the Ultimate Warrior (RIP) of Dickshipping. With all the subtlety of a boner at the beach, the Woody is a 29 inch phallus made from gluten-free, all-natural 1/4″ Baltic Birch Plywood. Weighing in at 2 pounds and hailing from Portland, Oregon this wooden dick is basically a gavel of epic proportions.

Have a best friend who you saved from drowning who defiled your wife on your wedding night and only told you 18 years later when he wanted to see what his kid looked like? He probably deserves a Woody. Or perhaps, you are that friend and you’ve been craving a MANtlepiece to complete your Wall of Shame.

4 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I thought you were right and it was Pogo the Clown after you mentioned it.

Oh :icon15: ... the required Bengals angle and not thread jacking.

There is no thread jacking, the thread is titled, "Praise the Lord"!  Church Lady had Joe Montana and Walter Peyton on once.  Montana's coach was a former Bengal OC.  It all fits. 

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

Pretty sure that is SNL mocking Tammy Faye and Jim Baker.  "Forgive me Lord for I have sinned!!! And yes, she was young and hot!!"

Bingo.  The late/great Phil Hartman as Jim Bakker, and Jan Hooks as Tammy Faye.  Good stuff.

The skit was actually Dana Carvey's Church Lady (aka Church Chat) bit where the Bakker's joined him as special guests.  Watch below:

Church Chat Skit

Archived