Week 1 Bengals vs Chargers

50 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I did the same with Palmer.  Years of almost followed by the TO Ocho show was frustrating. 

I did as well, this seems different to me though. Like with Palmer you knew he had the natural arm talent to put the ball anywhere. With Joe he doesn't have the cannon Carson had but seems to have this work ethic to be certain the moments are not too big for him because he's put in the work. I always had the feeling that while Carson did the work that he leaned in on his natural abilities more so.

I just get the feeling with this kid that he's going to do what he needs to do to get where he wants to go.

Just now, Jamie_B said:

I did as well, this seems different to me though. Like with Palmer you knew he had the natural arm talent to put the ball anywhere. With Joe he doesn't have the cannon Carson had but seems to have this work ethic to be certain the moments are not too big for him because he's put in the work. I always had the feeling that while Carson did the work that he leaned in on his natural abilities more so.

I just get the feeling with this kid that he's going to do what he needs to do to get where he wants to go.

I don’t doubt Joe’s ability or work ethic. On the right team and organization my guess is he is a top 5 QB in a few years.   We can only hope the coaches and organization have improved. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/11/chargers-to-be-without-mike-pouncey-this-week/

Chargers to be without Mike Pouncey this week

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 11, 2020, 1:25 PM EDT

The Chargers have already lost a defensive leader for the season, and now they’re going to have to play the opener without a mainstay on the other side of the ball.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Chargers anticipate being without center Mike Pouncey this week.

The 31-year-old Pouncey hasn’t practiced this week because of a hip injury. That’s tough news for new quarterback Tyrod Taylor and the rest of the offense.

The Chargers lost star safety Derwin James for the year already, and this makes it that much more difficult to adjust as they open the season against the Bengals.

Hmm, ...we have DJ Reader and Mike Daniels.  The Chargers want to run the ball heavy this season.  Their O-line is patchwork at best right now with injuries. That means they will get shut down in the run game and Von Bell can sit back and pick off whatever comes his way.

...just a thought.

PS, ...Daniels is playing for a new contract.

Just now, High School Harry said:

Very much agree.

I am most interested in how our shiny new linebackers do.

Same, that & the OL of course.   Last year this team couldn't block or tackle.   I don't work for PFF or anything but I'm pretty sure those 2 things are important.  The total lack of base fundamentals is what made me really question the Taylor hype.  So far his biggest accomplishment I'm aware of is picking up Sean McVay's dry cleaning.  

Really hope they show something tomorrow.

Prisco's NFL Week 1 odds, picks: Chiefs rout Texans, Saints spoil Brady's Bucs debut, Bengals upset Chargers

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-nfl-week-1-odds-picks-chiefs-rout-texans-saints-spoil-bradys-bucs-debut-bengals-upset-chargers/

Los Angeles Chargers at Cincinnati Bengals (+3)

This will be Joe Burrow's first game, which can be overwhelming for a rookie passer. And he's facing a talented Chargers defense. Even so, I don't think Burrow will be bothered by it. He will play well. The Chargers will start Tyrod Taylor and likely try and play ball control. I smell an upset for the Bengals.

1 hour ago, Griever said:

Prisco's NFL Week 1 odds, picks: Chiefs rout Texans, Saints spoil Brady's Bucs debut, Bengals upset Chargers

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-nfl-week-1-odds-picks-chiefs-rout-texans-saints-spoil-bradys-bucs-debut-bengals-upset-chargers/

Los Angeles Chargers at Cincinnati Bengals (+3)

This will be Joe Burrow's first game, which can be overwhelming for a rookie passer. And he's facing a talented Chargers defense. Even so, I don't think Burrow will be bothered by it. He will play well. The Chargers will start Tyrod Taylor and likely try and play ball control. I smell an upset for the Bengals.

I do too, ...it could even be a rout.

Archived