Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Bengals hosted former draft pick Margus Hunt on visit

usatsi_9762353.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
21 hours ago
 
The Cincinnati Bengals remain plenty active in seeking out defensive help in free agency.
 

Cincinnati’s latest move on this front, interestingly enough, involved bringing on Margus Hunt for a visit this week ahead of the team’s Week 6 game against the Indianapolis Colts, per the NFL’s transaction wire.

Hunt, a second-round pick by the Bengals in 2013, hasn’t played for the organization since 2016. He spent three seasons with those Colts, then popped up for a few games with the New Orleans Saints this season.

While a slow starter with the Bengals because of how new he was to the sport, Hunt has carved out a nice career for himself as a versatile defensive lineman.

This visit, if not just trying to get some intel on the Colts for this weekend’s game, at least partially comes in response to losing D.J. Reader to injured reserve. The team had previously worked out free agent Xavier Williams and signed him to the active roster, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Hard pass, he has zero pass rush and he's just not that good.

 

Since the front office is bringing in players why don't they get some competition for the o line.

BOOM!  There it is.  The exact reason they should bring him in.  He will fit in with this bunch immediately.

He will be the Alex Redmond of Defense.

:ninja:

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

BOOM!  There it is.  The exact reason they should bring him in.  He will fit in with this bunch immediately.

He will be the Alex Redmond of Defense.

:ninja:

 

I mean..  Why scout for actual talent when you can just reheat your leftovers & get back to watching netflix?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Bengals hosted former draft pick Margus Hunt on visit

usatsi_9762353.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
21 hours ago
 
The Cincinnati Bengals remain plenty active in seeking out defensive help in free agency.
 

 

While a slow starter with the Bengals because of how new he was to the sport, Hunt has carved out a nice career for himself as a versatile defensive lineman.

LOL.  Imagine making $13.5 million and being one of the worst at what you do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SF2 said:

LOL.  Imagine making $13.5 million and being one of the worst at what you do. 

 

Is it bad that I wasn't immediately sure which player, coach, or FO person you were referring to?  That's probably bad, right?

 

(OK obviously they aren't paying any coach or FO schmuck $13.5M, that's probably more than their entire staff budget.)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Such a Bengals pick! Physical freak who was better at discus than football but looked good in shorts. 

 

 

Said it before but coaches love a project, they all think they can unlock that potential.   That's a great quality in a coach but a terrible one in a draft scout.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

 

Is it bad that I wasn't immediately sure which player, coach, or FO person you were referring to?  That's probably bad, right?

 

(OK obviously they aren't paying any coach or FO schmuck $13.5M, that's probably more than their entire staff budget.)

It is mind numbing he has made $13.5 mil during his career which can only be considered low end backup quality at best. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SF2 said:

It is mind numbing he has made $13.5 mil during his career which can only be considered low end backup quality at best. 

Well when its all said and done Bobby Hart will make alot more and hes no better ar his position than Hunt..no?..

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Actually he was a Mike Zimmer pick..

Then fuck Ole Mike too!!

Mike Bown..Mike Zimmer...Mike Daniels..Mike Thomas..

Starting to hate the name Mike around this team...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Then fuck Ole Mike too!!

Mike Bown..Mike Zimmer...Mike Daniels..Mike Thomas..

Starting to hate the name Mike around this team...

 

 

Don’t forget this Mike!

image.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

 

 

Said it before but coaches love a project, they all think they can unlock that potential.   That's a great quality in a coach but a terrible one in a draft scout.

 

There's nothing wrong with taking on a project but why lunge for them in the 2nd round?

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

 

There's nothing wrong with taking on a project but why lunge for them in the 2nd round?

Desperation..

They have to look for good interior

lineman..

They know this now...

Hell draft Wyatt Davis if hes all that and sign another "good" guard thats around his prime..

These "skilled" players are nice but with no run game or time to throw with any realistic hope of succeeding constantly is killing this team.

Is there no hope???

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Duluoz said:

 

There's nothing wrong with taking on a project but why lunge for them in the 2nd round?

"Potential" has been a four letter word and bane of the Bengals.

 

John Ross and his useless  potential make him the Margus Hunt of

wide receivers.  Apologies to Margus "Lurch" Hunt who I like.

Can he get low enough and is he agile/flexible enough to play Defensive Tackle?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We shouldn't be counting on rookies, those guys need to be taking jobs away from the average of FA's that fill a pro roster.   Whoever targeted our defensive FA's seems to have whiffed, too.  Years of poor talent evaluation is crippling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...