Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone has a breaking point. There was no salvaging of this marriage. Glad we got something out of it. Carlos' frustration with Lou and the defense got the best of him. Always se

Apparently Dunlap should've happily sat on the bench & kept his mouth shut so as not to upset the amazing Culture that Taylor has created here with his 4-20-1 record.  I mean, who wouldn't want to

He went to management in week 2 like a man. They responded by telling him he wouldn't be traded and reduced his playing time. He went on Instagram and "Cried like a baby" and got traded. My phone

10 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

What do the Seahawks have in B.J. Finney?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fieldgulls.com/platform/amp/2020/10/3/21498617/what-do-seattle-seahawks-have-center-b-j-finney-free-agent-pittsburgh-Stealers-pocic-fuller
 

Article on him from earlier in the month. Couldn’t get on the field at center or guard—despite rash of injuries. Looks to be just a throw-in along with the pick. 

A bum on a playoff team is likely a starter with the Bengals OL

Link to post
Share on other sites

real shame the way Carlos went out, completely unprofessional...... never would have expected that from him

 

Hopfully Finney can do something to help protect Burrow but it doesnt sound like he is all that good

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, they essentially traded Dunlap for nothing. I am OK with that but, in that case, I would have tried to trade him to the Falcons, Jaguars, Football Team, Lions, Jets or Giants. Don't put him somewhere he can succeed, even by osmosis. Fuck you Carlos. I hope you're an epic flop in Seattle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

can't figure out how to embed twitter, which I don't use.

 

But per Schefter, it's a 7th round pick.

 

When you see a tweet on twitter.  Hit the little up arrow on the bottom right of the tweet.  Select 'Copy link to Tweet'.  Paste it in a post and hit 'enter'.  Let it load and then hit 'submit reply'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Uh, oh....  :ninja:

 

From Wikipedia:

 

"Even though he was a highly sought after undrafted free agent, he opted to sign with the Pittsburgh Stealers as they were his favorite NFL team as a child. Finney's surprising fall in the draft was said to be in part due to team's fearing his arms were too short and that he lacked technique and athleticism."

I hope he doesn't try to play patty-cake with Billy Price. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

glad we ditched that salary next year, thats worth taking on the random linemen.

 

also dont be too quick to judge the lineman, he may very well suck, but also possible he just sucks for their scheme, i know years ago they did a ton of zone blocking in seattle due to wilson scrambling so much, but that was when Lynch was there. may not be the case now.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, the Bengals ended up getting a BJ for the effort so, what the heck. A BJ is never a bad thing. I really wanted the Bengals to dump Carlos next season and pick up that $10 million+ in cap space and this was before he became a drama queen. In the end, he's gone and the Bengals can move on. I hope this isn't the end of the moves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Hey, the Bengals ended up getting a BJ for the effort so, what the heck. A BJ is never a bad thing. I really wanted the Bengals to dump Carlos next season and pick up that $10 million+ in cap space and this was before he became a drama queen. In the end, he's gone and the Bengals can move on. I hope this isn't the end of the moves.

not a ton else to move, as long as we grab spain, adding 2 new linemen that could potentially play this year is solid, especially before the bye week.

 

i am really glad we freed up that 13 mil next year. makes atkins money easier to swallow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

not a ton else to move, as long as we grab spain, adding 2 new linemen that could potentially play this year is solid, especially before the bye week.

 

i am really glad we freed up that 13 mil next year. makes atkins money easier to swallow. 

He was going to be cut before next season regardless so the $13M was going bye-bye. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

glad we ditched that salary next year, thats worth taking on the random linemen.

 

also dont be too quick to judge the lineman, he may very well suck, but also possible he just sucks for their scheme, i know years ago they did a ton of zone blocking in seattle due to wilson scrambling so much, but that was when Lynch was there. may not be the case now.

 

 

 

 

And a backup OL in Seattle is likely to be a better player than a backup here (let alone a backup after injuries) - so even if we improve the depth down the road that is a good thing. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

real shame the way Carlos went out, completely unprofessional...... never would have expected that from him

 

 

 

 

IDK man, it doesn't sound like Taylor & the KatieTroy Experience were exactly world class in dealing with him, either.   I mean I know they are celebrated for their professionalism & acute business sense but I think just maybe it was mutual.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

 

 

IDK man, it doesn't sound like Taylor & the KatieTroy Experience were exactly world class in dealing with him, either.   I mean I know they are celebrated for their professionalism & acute business sense but I think just maybe it was mutual.

 

Oh I get his frustrations but that doesnt make his actions ok either

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...