Random 2022 Stuff

26 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Yeah, I used to work at the Penn Station in Springdale off Route 4 back in the day...thankfully I was a teenager and couldn't gain weight if I tried. The good ol' days..

I was the same.. I worked a Macdonald's though and I could eat two Big Macs and large fries like 3 times a day and not gain weight.. I was 6'2"  155 my senior year in high school... now 6'2"  210ish.. being older makes is harder.. lol 

On 3/20/2023 at 7:45 PM, PatternMaster said:

Yeah, I used to work at the Penn Station in Springdale off Route 4 back in the day...thankfully I was a teenager and couldn't gain weight if I tried. The good ol' days..

Woof...that's my old turf.  Used to work at Showcase Cinemas back in the day.  Of course that day was 40 years ago...

32 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Woof...that's my old turf.  Used to work at Showcase Cinemas back in the day.  Of course that day was 40 years ago...

The Urgent Care that is right there kicked me out of it when they found out my parents health insurance was Champus (Army) because they didn't cover it. 

I had been horsing around with my brother at my grandparents place and chasing after him extended my arm to push open the screen door and ran through the glass part of it. I needed stitches. We went to the urgent care and all they did was clean it up and send me on my way because they couldn't treat me because they didn't cover Champus. Had to go to the hospital (I forget which one) but will never forget that Urgent Care.

8 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

The Urgent Care that is right there kicked me out of it when they found out my parents health insurance was Champus (Army) because they didn't cover it. 

I had been horsing around with my brother at my grandparents place and chasing after him extended my arm to push open the screen door and ran through the glass part of it. I needed stitches. We went to the urgent care and all they did was clean it up and send me on my way because they couldn't treat me because they didn't cover Champus. Had to go to the hospital (I forget which one) but will never forget that Urgent Care.

Unfortunate, but that is the business of healthcare. 

34 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I grew up on Glensprings and those apartments across the street from the Springdale Rec...Springdale has changed, and not for the better. 

12 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Also why so many people go to the Emergency Room for that stuff.  They legally can't turn you away at the ER.  Raises healthcare costs.

Also true, which at the risk of turning this into a J&D thread, is why we need a single-payer system.

8 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I grew up on Glensprings and those apartments across the street from the Springdale Rec...Springdale has changed, and not for the better. 

My grandparents house was right around the corner not too far from Ross Park, went to Springdale Elementry school for a year while my grandma was sick so my mom could take care of her. Used to play on that playground at the Rec center.  Yeah not for the better for sure, was up in that general area last year when I went to visit Onyx's grave, could not believe that Tri County Mall is a ghostown now. Heard they are gonna tear it down and put up apartments?

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

My grandparents house was right around the corner not too far from Ross Park, went to Springdale Elementry school for a year while my grandma was sick so my mom could take care of her. Used to play on that playground at the Rec center.  Yeah not for the better for sure, was up in that general area last year when I went to visit Onyx's grave, could not believe that Tri County Mall is a ghostown now. Heard they are gonna tear it down and put up apartments?

Tri County Mall is being turned into some sort of mega apartment restaurant entertainment (I think) complex.

oops... you just said that.

The early pics look pretty cool,

21 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Tri County Mall is being turned into some sort of mega apartment restaurant entertainment (I think) complex.

Havent seen any of the pics. 

My cousins lived so close we used to cross under the highway where the drain pipes were during the summer when we wanted to go.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Havent seen any of the pics. 

My cousins lived so close we used to cross under the highway where the drain pipes were during the summer when we wanted to go.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle style...nice..

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Wait are you the Jaime that I used to dunk on at the park and give wedgies to after I stole your candy money behind the UDF on Kemper Rd...how the hell ya been bro...Look I want to apologize about how I used to treat you back then...

:ninja:

3 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle style...nice..

Wait are you the Jaime that I used to dunk on at the park and give wedgies to after I stole your candy money behind the UDF on Kemper Rd...how the hell ya been bro...Look I want to apologize about how I used to treat you back then...

ninja turtles GIF by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

You arent one of the guys that rolled up on us on roller skates that I got in a fight with once are you?

7 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Showcase Cinemas-I used to go there back in the day (again-40 years ago). I also had a date with a guy who worked there on breaks when we were both at OSU. 

You do realize we are all dating ourselves, right?

1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

Showcase Cinemas-I used to go there back in the day (again-40 years ago). I also had a date with a guy who worked there on breaks when we were both at OSU. 

You do realize we are all dating ourselves, right?

Talk about dating yourself...I remember seeing the original Star Wars when it first debuted at that theater...doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but I guess that's 46 years ago.  YIKES!!!

8 hours ago, High School Harry said:

By the time they finish that shit malls will be back in style 😆 ...if ever

21 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Damn.  I haven't been back in a long time.  Tri County Mall finally going down?  Spent a lot of time there as a pain in the ass teenager.  Time moves on.  Kinda sad though.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Damn.  I haven't been back in a long time.  Tri County Mall finally going down?  Spent a lot of time there as a pain in the ass teenager.  Time moves on.  Kinda sad though.

Yeah it was a ghost town last time I was there, I had no idea and went in and i could count on one hand the number of stores that were open.

Columbus is like that too. The old Northland, Westland, and Eastland malls are gone or dead. City Center mall was glitzy when it opened and torn down after 20 years.

I haven't been in Tri County in years but spent some birthdays as a kid at Farrell's ice cream parlor across the road from it. 

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Columbus is like that too. The old Northland, Westland, and Eastland malls are gone or dead. City Center mall was glitzy when it opened and torn down after 20 years.

From what I hear, Tuttle Mall isn’t doing so well, either. I miss City Center.

Archived