Jump to content

Random 2022 Stuff


Recommended Posts

it can be two things. They could afford both,.

 

More interestingly, consider this further confirmation of just how different things are now with Burrow fully in ascendancy.  Players will WANT to come here to play with him. Gonna help us win more 50/50 FA battles or even win some where we are not offering the top contact...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, membengal said:

it can be two things. They could afford both,.

 

More interestingly, consider this further confirmation of just how different things are now with Burrow fully in ascendancy.  Players will WANT to come here to play with him. Gonna help us win more 50/50 FA battles or even win some where we are not offering the top contact...

Can things be any different now than prior years when nobody wanted to play for the Bengals? Win or lose the Super Bowl, we're about to have our best class of free agents ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of random comments.  Finally some truth about The Dullton, one of the worst big game performers in NFL history.

 

“I’ve said Andy was nowhere near as good, as poised, as anything as Joe Burrow. Andy was a decent quarterback, a backup at his best, but Andy was what we had in Cincinnati. You can look back and try to flip times but it is what it is. Joe Burrow, he’s a winner. He showed it in college. He can make every throw on the field. And he has that killer instinct. Some of these guys that’s playing that position, ninety percent of them that are the greats, the Tom Bradys, the Aaron Rodgerses, you can keep going down the list. Those guys are very humble. But when it get time to go, it’s a lot of fire in those guys. And it wasn’t the same fire in Andy. You can tell the fire in Joe is way different than the fire that Andy had.”

 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/1/14/22883546/adam-pacman-jones-upgrading-from-andy-dalton-to-joe-burrow-is-why-these-bengals-are-different

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Speaking of random comments.  Finally some truth about The Dullton, one of the worst big game performers in NFL history.

 

“I’ve said Andy was nowhere near as good, as poised, as anything as Joe Burrow. Andy was a decent quarterback, a backup at his best, but Andy was what we had in Cincinnati. You can look back and try to flip times but it is what it is. Joe Burrow, he’s a winner. He showed it in college. He can make every throw on the field. And he has that killer instinct. Some of these guys that’s playing that position, ninety percent of them that are the greats, the Tom Bradys, the Aaron Rodgerses, you can keep going down the list. Those guys are very humble. But when it get time to go, it’s a lot of fire in those guys. And it wasn’t the same fire in Andy. You can tell the fire in Joe is way different than the fire that Andy had.”

 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/1/14/22883546/adam-pacman-jones-upgrading-from-andy-dalton-to-joe-burrow-is-why-these-bengals-are-different

Aaron Rodgers?? humble?...

As McEnroe once said " You cant be serious"..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

He’s a tremendous talent, but how would he fit into the locker room? There is such unselfish chemistry there now, I would hate to see it ruined.

Agreed. He isn't a bad locker room guy...He is just a big personality. Those guys shake up locker rooms without being cancers. I would concretely pass. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

 

TB12 now waivering on his retirement.

 

 

Curious what you heard...

 

The only thing I heard was that he was interviewed and simply made a comment something like never say never but I'm currently very content that I made the right decision.  I did see some brief snippets with the never say never part without any context.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Curious what you heard...

 

The only thing I heard was that he was interviewed and simply made a comment something like never say never but I'm currently very content that I made the right decision.  I did see some brief snippets with the never say never part without any context.


…yeah, pretty much that: “Never say never” but with a “I’ll see how I feel in six months”.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cricket said:


…yeah, pretty much that: “Never say never” but with a “I’ll see how I feel in six months”.

 

This is how alot of greats go out.

 Aging..body's beat up .

 But..still feel the thrill ...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Shebengal said:

He’s a tremendous talent, but how would he fit into the locker room? There is such unselfish chemistry there now, I would hate to see it ruined.

 

 

This needs to be the question for everyone we bring in

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...