Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

Makes zero sense to limit the offense to this point. It shouldn’t be this simple of a scheme, yet here we have the most basic scheme one could contrive being deployed in the NFL. Against real defenses. Results speak for themselves as expected. Amateur hour. 

Zac Taylor couldn’t hold Sean McVays jockstrap in devising schemes and plays, then calling appropriately.  Or Kyle Shanahan. Must be nice to be a 49ers fan and have the best offensive mind directing your team. Taylor’s extremely fortunate he was able to draft Burrow and even more fortunate that Bengals had the success they did last few years. He’s absolutely nothing special whatsoever. He may actually be the Andy Dalton of this Bengals team (THE reason the team isn’t reaching its potential)

10 minutes ago, IKOTA said:

Makes zero sense to limit the offense to this point. It shouldn’t be this simple of a scheme, yet here we have the most basic scheme one could contrive being deployed in the NFL. Against real defenses. Results speak for themselves as expected. Amateur hour. 

Zac Taylor couldn’t hold Sean McVays jockstrap in devising schemes and plays, then calling appropriately.  Or Kyle Shanahan. Must be nice to be a 49ers fan and have the best offensive mind directing your team. Taylor’s extremely fortunate he was able to draft Burrow and even more fortunate that Bengals had the success they did last few years. He’s absolutely nothing special whatsoever. He may actually be the Andy Dalton of this Bengals team (THE reason the team isn’t reaching its potential)

As on OC I agree 100%.  If they would hire and OC that was NFL caliber and let Taylor concentrate on being the HC they would be in good shape. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, UncleEarl said:

As on OC I agree 100%.  If they would hire and OC that was NFL caliber and let Taylor concentrate on being the HC they would be in good shape. 

Agreed. That’s my intended meaning. Taylor is fine as the HC, but the offensive scheme and plays need an upgrade big time. 

31 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

If you want that, ban the alcohol completely.  Trying to get the drinking mass to behave is like herding cats.

And that ain't happening anytime soon. 16oz can of Domestic beer at Paycor is $11.50. And Lawshark can correct me if my calculations/assumptions are incorrect (as he may have some insight regarding this), 16oz can of domestic "wholesales" for around $0.85, so the profit margin on this alone is astronomical. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MOC said:

And that ain't happening anytime soon. 16oz can of Domestic beer at Paycor is $11.50. And Lawshark can correct me if my calculations/assumptions are incorrect (as he may have some insight regarding this), 16oz can of domestic "wholesales" for around $0.85, so the profit margin on this alone is astronomical. 

Not necessarily true in Ohio, it's all state controlled and the wholesale on something like a sixer is around a couple of bucks below retail. Of course that's store prices and in the stadium that's about doubled, plus it being the NFL and a private business with public subsidies they may very well be outside the state minimum pricing. 

Maybe Gene Sockpuppet can call New York and then explain it to us.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

A firm guarantee: that list will not be the same come January. 

Bears may just have the top two picks though..

Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison or TE Bowers.

Maybe an OT...

They could get a boatload of picks for they're 2nd pick in Rd 1..

They'll blow it. 😎

33 minutes ago, MOC said:

Hey MOC...my current beer knowledge is limited since my folks sold the distributorship 5 years ago...but you are absolutely correct that it is one hell of a markup.  Your sub $1 guess for the wholesale cost of a single 16oz aluminum is probably still dead on.  If selling beer at the stadium was considered a financial product...they'd be up on usury investigation...

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, MOC said:

11.50 for a beer in the stadium.

Tailgaters get tanked on their own beer and people wonder why so many drunks inside...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

11.50 for a beer in the stadium.

Tailgaters get tanked on their own beer and people wonder why so many drunks inside...

You would be astounded at just how much money these sots still pay inside—regardless of how much they may have had outside. 

And they get furious if they can’t get served even after the end of the 3rd quarter. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

You would be astounded at just how much money these sots still pay inside—regardless of how much they may have had outside. 

And they get furious if they can’t get served even after the end of the 3rd quarter..

Build a stadium jail...😎

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Again we have 3 guys on this Oline that have superbowl rings, and apparently Jonah is the highest graded for this line.

This lies 100% of coaching, because outside of maybe Volson, the talent is there.

My counter would be: if they have all of this talent—why can’t they execute? Not defending Pollack (as he doesn’t call the offense anyway, hence the line setup)…but every one of these guys know how to block and sense stunts/shifts. 

I would absolutely guarantee you that, if the calls were straight ahead or total zone…they would be impenetrable 

Just now, Le Tigre said:

My counter would be: if they have all of this talent—why can’t they execute? Not defending Pollack (as he doesn’t call the offense anyway, hence the line setup)…but every one of these guys know how to block and sense stunts/shifts. 

I would absolutely guarantee you that, if the calls were straight ahead or total zone…they would be impenetrable 

Oh I am not absolving the play calling at all, all I am saying is there is proven talent on this line.

• Upvote 1