Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

You got me Harry...I just spent the last 20 minutes googling John "Socko" Weithe... 

What an amazing story about an amazing local Cincinnati guy.  Born/raised in Cincy, Roger Bacon HS, Xavier University, played professional football, baseball, and basketball including the NFL with the Detroit Lions, coached HS and college football and basketball including taking the UC Bearcats to the NIT championship...then was the Chairman of the Hamilton County Democratic Party later in life.  Sad that I never heard of this guy previously.

My grandfather was a policeman in St. Bernard, where Roger Bacon is, and a big sports fan. I'll bet he knew him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

My grandfather was a policeman in St. Bernard, where Roger Bacon is, and a big sports fan. I'll bet he knew him. 

Small world indeed.   Socko stayed local even in death as he is buried in St. Bernard at St Mary's Cemetery along with his wife...just a short walk from the high school.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

They can do away with sideline reporters imo.

Bunch of blah blah about nothing.

Just a way to get some female from their network on the tube.

Worthless commentary.

Who listens to the commentary?

I just mute it and ogle the baes.

This one, whoever she is, is hawt!

I guess its fairly safe to now say the two games with TBD (To Be Determined) kick off times

are not slotted for 1:00 Sunday and not a more prime time slot because no one wants to see

that crap.  Unless they move them to Thursday that no one watches, anyway, unless their 

team is playing. :ninja:

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/11/19/bengals-moved-primetime-joe-burrow-out/

Bengals could get moved from primetime with Joe Burrow out

With Joe Burrow out for the season with a wrist injury, TV stations are likely looking forward to their prime time slots which the Cincinnati Bengals are scheduled to play in, and thinking about making some changes.

The Bengals’ Week 13 game against Trevor Lawrence and the Jacksonville Jaguars is supposed to be played on ESPN’s Monday Night Football (away), and it’s entirely possible that game could be flexed out and played on Sunday, Dec. 3 instead.

The Bengals also play a Saturday game against the Pittsburgh Stealers in Week 16 on Dec. 23 (away), and a 4:25 game against the Kansas City Chiefs the week after that (away).

The Buffalo Bills and Los Angeles Chargers face off in Week 16 on Peacock, while the Bengals are supposed to be broadcast on NBC, so there could likely be a change there so Josh Allen and Justin Herbert are on national TV while the Bengals move to a streaming service.

With the Bengals’ main attraction out for the season and the Bengals at the bottom of the AFC North with a 5-5 record, it is definitely a possibility there could be some schedule changes for Cincinnati in the upcoming weeks.