Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

On 11/3/2023 at 10:43 AM, Mikeslumina said:

I didn’t know players on ir got paid less, interesting.

NFL players get paid less on IR?

In the NFL, only powerful players with lots of leverage generally receive fully guaranteed contracts. For players without fully guaranteed contracts, they will still receive some money while on IR, but it's generally only a fraction of their regular salary

I think they generally do get paid:

Players can have a guarantee clause inserted into their contracts to assure them of receiving a certain amount of money when they're out injured. This protection applies if they suffer "football-related injuries." The CBA ensures that the franchise must pay players while they rehab for their injury and provide salary continuation for the year the injury happens.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-do-nfl-players-get-paid-injured-assessing-contract-stipulations-across-league

• Upvote 1

I'm sure its been covered in other threads...but the post with Kay reminded me...   

I watched the game on TV last night and I gotta say I was incredibly impressed...the stadium was rocking...the stripes were a fantastic visual effect and I'm shocked at the level of participation (shout out to all of you that were actually at the game)...the TV production was very good...the shots of the city.  All very impressive.  Oh yeah, and there was a football game too and that was pretty okay too.  :)

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Absolutely true.

I complain about the "game day experience" being annoying and distracting

from the game itself, getting all the drunks and day trippers fired up and not so

much about what was going on on the field, getting dressed up and taking selfies,

etc. BUT this was totally awesome.

Disappointed in how little national coverage I have seen of this and think it it

was the Patriots or Cowboys or a Florida team the media would be downright orgasmic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Love that the atmosphere was so great in the stadium Sunday night. One of these years I would love for the Bengals to play a bunch of home playoff games, but it's unlikely to happen this season. Appreciate the fact that the Bengals get better as the season goes along, but those early losses still do great damage when it comes time for playoff seeding.

So much easier for a team like Kansas City who almost never play a road playoff game. They are always well-positioned for the easiest route possible in the playoffs. Yes, it helps the Chiefs a ton when the rest of their division sucks, just as Brady & NE benefitted greatly from a weak AFC East for their SB titles. The Bengals are in the toughest division, already have 3 losses, plus still have the toughest remaining NFL schedule left even after playing San Fran/Buffalo back to back. But that's the way it is. One of these years Burrow is going to be healthy and on top of his game for the opener and beyond. But obviously it hasn't happened yet. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, dex said:

Love that the atmosphere was so great in the stadium Sunday night. One of these years I would love for the Bengals to play a bunch of home playoff games, but it's unlikely to happen this season. Appreciate the fact that the Bengals get better as the season goes along, but those early losses still do great damage when it comes time for playoff seeding.

So much easier for a team like Kansas City who almost never play a road playoff game. They are always well-positioned for the easiest route possible in the playoffs. Yes, it helps the Chiefs a ton when the rest of their division sucks, just as Brady & NE benefitted greatly from a weak AFC East for their SB titles. The Bengals are in the toughest division, already have 3 losses, plus still have the toughest remaining NFL schedule left even after playing San Fran/Buffalo back to back. But that's the way it is. One of these years Burrow is going to be healthy and on top of his game for the opener and beyond. But obviously it hasn't happened yet. 

If Joe ever gets a healthy camp and preseason the rest of the league is in trouble.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dex said:

The Bengals are in the toughest division, already have 3 losses, plus still have the toughest remaining NFL schedule left even after playing San Fran/Buffalo back to back.  

Not to nit-pick, but I thought that they said Sunday night that Buffalo now has the toughest remaining schedule.  Toughest or next-to-toughest doesn’t really matter much…and may be different with different metrics.

Otherwise, everything you said was spot on.  

21 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Not to nit-pick, but I thought that they said Sunday night that Buffalo now has the toughest remaining schedule.  Toughest or next-to-toughest doesn’t really matter much…and may be different with different metrics.

Otherwise, everything you said was spot on.  

They did say that but it's us and Baltimore.

NFL Remaining Schedule Strength | Tankathon

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

They did say that but it's us and Baltimore.

NFL Remaining Schedule Strength | Tankathon

Yeah, it's us with the toughest, and it isn't even particularly close. The Bengals only have 4 road games left, but look who they are going up against with them - Baltimore, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Kansas City. Sheesh.

20 hours ago, Jungletiger said:

Tee's turn

I can’t wait for the day that Joe Burrow doesn’t under throw Jamar on the deep ball. Burrows fault on Jamar’s injury, he’s WIDE open, just throw the damn ball. Should have been an easy TD, instead it’s a potential serious injury to the best player on the team. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, IKOTA said:

I can’t wait for the day that Joe Burrow doesn’t under throw Jamar on the deep ball. Burrows fault on Jamar’s injury, he’s WIDE open, just throw the damn ball. Should have been an easy TD, instead it’s a potential serious injury to the best player on the team. 

I think he was being hit when he threw it.