RB Offseason 2023

we'll see. Mixon is now in more of stay productive or be replaced contract.  it is highly motivating to be part of building something and then be willing to drop your salary to see it through, .  this team has a shot at the SB, a shot to be special. we are close but as you have seen good players are taking  fair contracts to be here and to keep others here, its a good culture to finally have. 

On 7/15/2023 at 3:39 PM, sparky151 said:

He's less expensive but we still have the issue that our starting RB is Joe Mixon, who wasn't very good last year. Apart from one big game. 

His contract was the biggest issue and now he’s going to be paid closer to his current value.  I’m guessing his agent looked at the situation and said a pay cut is better than the alternative.  I’m not convinced he’s as washed as others believe.  He played well in 2021 and was crucial to the Super Bowl run and he’ll be 27 this year.  I think he has a great chance to bounce back, especially if the o-line is better with Brown.  

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

His contract was the biggest issue and now he’s going to be paid closer to his current value.  I’m guessing his agent looked at the situation and said a pay cut is better than the alternative.  I’m not convinced he’s as washed as others believe.  He played well in 2021 and was crucial to the Super Bowl run and he’ll be 27 this year.  I think he has a great chance to bounce back, especially if the o-line is better with Brown.  

On 7/15/2023 at 5:55 PM, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20230715_235447.jpg

IMG_20230715_235457.jpg

Mixon Brown and Williams present a solid RB init..

Combined salaries under 8 mil..

Katy can wheel and deal..

Mixon's declining performance along with some off the field issues played right into the Bengals hands.  They showed support, got a team friendly deal, and are happy.  Mixon got to stay and not have to try to sign as a FA with his recent on and off the field performance.  Win-win.

6 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Now Pumpkin:wub: can get cracking on wheeling a dealing with Logan, Tee and that other guy and let's get this show on the road, boy howdy,

Agree..

I believe Wilson will sign a 3yr 22.5mil deal like Pratt..

No idea what Tee's agent and Katy will

agree to but. Tee will remain a Bengal

for years to come..

19 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Agree..

I believe Wilson will sign a 3yr 22.5mil deal like Pratt..

I hope so but well see. 

If we can't keep Logan I want to target Patrick Queen. I was a big fan of his coming out of the draft and had hoped he fell to us in the 2nd round that year.  It worked out better for us as we got Tee, but if we can't keep Logan, and I want to keep Logan, Queen would be a good replacement imho

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I hope so but well see. 

If we can't keep Logan I want to target Patrick Queen. I was a big fan of his coming out of the draft and had hoped he fell to us in the 2nd round that year.  It worked out better for us as we got Tee, but if we can't keep Logan, and I want to keep Logan, Queen would be a good replacement imho

The Ravens are widely expected to reach an extension with Queen. Don't make too much of the fact that Baltimore didn't pick up Queen's 5th year option. That has become standard practice when teams want to sign a 1st rounder to an extension instead.

16 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I predict we likely lose Logan ... I think his agent believes he can get 13-15 per year on the open market. 

It likely comes down to Tee at 20 per year or Logan at 15 per. And the team takes Tee instead (as they should).

Higgins will come in at more than 20 mil per. More like 23-25. He is still so young.

3 minutes ago, dex said:

Higgins will come in at more than 20 mil per. More like 23-25. He is still so young.

Maybe ..

I think he signs 4yrs. 80mil..20per

He along with other players will all sign good contracts with JBs extension in mind ..

9 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Those are his all time, hopefully we see some more of that this year

JMHO but to me Mixon's top play has been when the young blind girl sings the National Anthem

Joe went on to the field to congratulate her and walked her to the sidelines.

He's done it twice.

Class act.

Archived