Keeping our enemies close: 2023

The Philadelphia Eagles are trading to acquire safety Kevin Byard from the Tennessee Titans, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports.

The 2-4 Titans will receive safety Terrell Edmunds and fifth- and sixth-round draft picks in return, per the report.

Byard, 30, is a two-time All-Pro and Pro Bowler. He was last named All-Pro in 2021. He'll provide an immediate upgrade in the secondary for a 6-1 Eagles team that ranks 18th against the pass and seventh overall in yards allowed per game. His arrival should help shore up an area of relative weakness for a team tied for the best record in the NFL.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Gosh and Golly Gee... Imagine that.  A team with a 6-1 Record (tied with the Chiefs), Best in the NFC, two games up on the second place team in their division virtually guaranteed a play off slot unless they have a complete melt down trading for probably a Rent-A-Player upgrade for the rest of the season.

And the Bengals coming off the Bye Week not doing jack shit. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

The Philadelphia Eagles are trading to acquire safety Kevin Byard from the Tennessee Titans, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports.

The 2-4 Titans will receive safety Terrell Edmunds and fifth- and sixth-round draft picks in return, per the report.

Byard, 30, is a two-time All-Pro and Pro Bowler. He was last named All-Pro in 2021. He'll provide an immediate upgrade in the secondary for a 6-1 Eagles team that ranks 18th against the pass and seventh overall in yards allowed per game. His arrival should help shore up an area of relative weakness for a team tied for the best record in the NFL.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Gosh and Golly Gee... Imagine that.  A team with a 6-1 Record (tied with the Chiefs), Best in the NFC, two games up on the second place team in their division virtually guaranteed a play off slot unless they have a complete melt down trading for probably a Rent-A-Player upgrade for the rest of the season.

And the Bengals coming off the Bye Week not doing jack shit. 

They are aggressive about winning, I like how they have drafted and developed their players. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

They are aggressive about winning, I like how they have drafted and developed their players. 

They're rellied on their oline for years to stay an offensive force..

Adding outstanding skilled players makes them as dangerous as any team.

Their GM has assembled  the best team in the NFC.

KC is the very best in the AFC.

The Bengals seem yo have their number.

Hope it continues..

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

They're rellied on their oline for years to stay an offensive force..

Adding outstanding skilled players makes them as dangerous as any team.

Their GM has assembled  the best team in the NFC.

Being an old sot—and spending my formative sports years across the Delaware River from the city—I will say it hasn’t always been that way. When the sports teams are bad…the fans/media are super brutal. When they are good…the fans/media are just ordinary brutal. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Being an old sot—and spending my formative sports years across the Delaware River from the city—I will say it hasn’t always been that way. When the sports teams are bad…the fans/media are super brutal. When they are good…the fans/media are just ordinary brutal. 

Lol.. true..

The Los Angeles Rams released veteran kicker Brett Maher on Tuesday, two days after he missed three significant kicks in Sunday's 24-17 loss to the Pittsburgh Stealers.

:::::::::::::::::::::::

If he had made them, the Squeels would have lost.

If a pig had wings, it could flap them and fly to the moon.

Basically... the Squeels and Clowns had games virtually handed to them last weekend.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jim-irsay-nfl-admits-incorrect-020603733.html

Jim Irsay: NFL admits incorrect calls were made to end Colts, Browns game

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay aired out some dirty laundry Tuesday, making it known that the NFL admitted to making incorrect calls at the end of the Week 7 game against the Cleveland Browns.

Irsay also is calling for the league to institute instant replay reviews of all plays during the final two minutes in all games to avoid a similar situation.

“The NFL admits and understands that they did not make the correct calls at end of Sunday’s Colts/Browns Game. I believe we need to institute Instant Replay for all calls, including Penalties, in the last two minutes of All Games.”

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Only part of the article which is not a bad read at all, worth a few minutes.

Number of X clips of the calls most of which have been posted here previously.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jim-irsay-nfl-admits-incorrect-020603733.html

Jim Irsay: NFL admits incorrect calls were made to end Colts, Browns game

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay aired out some dirty laundry Tuesday, making it known that the NFL admitted to making incorrect calls at the end of the Week 7 game against the Cleveland Browns.

Irsay also is calling for the league to institute instant replay reviews of all plays during the final two minutes in all games to avoid a similar situation.

“The NFL admits and understands that they did not make the correct calls at end of Sunday’s Colts/Browns Game. I believe we need to institute Instant Replay for all calls, including Penalties, in the last two minutes of All Games.”

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Only part of the article which is not a bad read at all, worth a few minutes.

Number of X clips of the calls most of which have been posted here previously.

Anyone here watch that Netflix documentary on the crooked NBA ref who was fixing games?

Early on he tells a story about his first NBA game when he called a foul on MJ because the league wanted the rule enforced. He was admonished and told “Yes, the league wants it called, but not against him”.

I'm watching this thinking that oh yeah, the NFL is totally fucking fixed… 

• Upvote 2